Landry Shamet traded to suns for Javon Carter and 29th pick

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Carter's salary for 2022-23 is $3,925,000 million guaranteed and Shamet is $5,562,072 as a RFA. Only about a million plus difference and the Suns don't have to match Shamet's salary.

The point being, the Suns can save money by not bringing Shamet back... not that they won't. Also the Suns don't have to pay the 29th pick.

I hope you enjoyed the discussion with said poster becuse I quit responding awhile back.

I do think that it's interesting Shamet is in the same age range as our core young guys. I think JJ seems more looking at that, than salaries.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With Booker out, i'm glad we got someone serviceable this year. I think Carter and the 29th pick were worth it. I'm still up in the air long term just because we dont have Cam Johnson wrapped up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Shamet off our bench but I question how much he has really filled in with Booker as a starter. I feel like we have managed despite him in the starting lineup. I can't wait for him to return to his role.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Shamet off our bench but I question how much he has really filled in with Booker as a starter. I feel like we have managed despite him in the starting lineup. I can't wait for him to return to his role.

The way I look at it, starting provides Landry the best opportunity to find his way before returning to the bench. I think he is a better player than what he has shown. The way he plays sort of reminds me of Jeff Hornacek although Jeff was a much better ball handler.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shamet has... struggled, but I think as he gets more comfortable in the offense he will find his stride. He needs to take a queue from Cam Johnson and try to get more of his looks off the ball, running into space, than just charging up and hucking a 3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr