Kyrie

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo didn't give up on the trade. He only said the current proposal has a zero chance.

John Gambadoro‏Verified account@Gambo987 5h5 hours ago

Look I will say it again. I see the percentage chance of the Suns getting Kyrie Irving for Bledsoe, Bender and Miami's pick is ZERO.

What worries me the most is Gambo legitimizes these trade rumors for Kyrie. It means the Suns are serious.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gambo didn't give up on the trade. He only said the current proposal has a zero chance.

What worries me the most is Gambo legitimizes these trade rumors for Kyrie. It means the Suns are serious.
His source for the "no deal" is Cleveland. They can just keep Kyrie then. I would love to get him. Bled, a young player, and a pick is a generous offer.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'll be really disappointing if we cave. Bledsoe makes more sense for Cleveland than any player they have any hope of getting and given Cleveland's strengths and weaknesses there is a good chance that he will represent an improvement over what Kyrie was providing.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
According to what Gambo has said multiple times, Cleveland is asking for our best player (Bledsoe), best prospect (Jackson), and best draft pick (our 2018 first).

We're offering Bledsoe, any player not named Booker or Jackson, and Miami's 2018 first.

Either the Cavs decrease their asking price, we increase our offer or a trade does not get done. Both teams seems to be pretty far apart right now. The questions are, do the Cavs have a better offer from another team and is the situation repairable? I imagine James Jones knows the answer to the latter.

We'd be smart to hold firm and let time force Cleveland's hand. They have to trade Kyrie or try to repair the relationship. We don't have to do anything.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Reading further conversation in the above Gambo tweet, he indicates several teams are giving better offers for Irving.

This would lead me to believe the Cavaliers really want Bledsoe or the trade would be done already with another team.

Perhaps Lebron wants Bledsoe?

It would seem the Cavaliers keep waiting for Suns to sweeten the pot perhaps because of this.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Reading further conversation in the above Gambo tweet, he indicates several teams are giving better offers for Irving.

This would lead me to believe the Cavaliers really want Bledsoe or the trade would be done already with another team.

Perhaps Lebron wants Bledsoe?

It would seem the Cavaliers keep waiting for Suns to sweeten the pot perhaps because of this.

I'm having trouble imagining better offers from other teams. Can a team offer a better win-now package? Sure. What about a better future package? Maybe. I think the Suns can offer the best combo of the two. It'll be interesting to see.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm having trouble imagining better offers from other teams. Can a team offer a better win-now package? Sure. What about a better future package? Maybe. I think the Suns can offer the best combo of the two. It'll be interesting to see.

Apparently other teams have made better offers as Gambo is fairly reliable.

I'm beginning to think Bledsoe is the player they really want to replace Irving. However, the Cavaliers want the Suns to overpay like other suitors.

Indeed, it is fascinating.

I have to think Lebron is involved in the matter.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Apparently other teams have made better offers as Gambo is fairly reliable.

I'm beginning to think Bledsoe is the player they really want to replace Irving. However, the Cavaliers want the Suns to overpay like other suitors.

Indeed, it is fascinating.

I have to think Lebron is involved in the matter.

Well not only is LeBron buds with Bled but he said during the playoffs "I'm only going to say this one time...we need a PG period."

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Oh please! Gambo is merely a talking head that reports what teams want him to report. We need to hold firm, because James wants Irving gone, there is no fixing that situation; and James wants Bledsoe. If anything, we should low ball them.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Oh please! Gambo is merely a talking head that reports what teams want him to report. We need to hold firm, because James wants Irving gone, there is no fixing that situation; and James wants Bledsoe. If anything, we should low ball them.

I hope we don't give more than Bledsoe, Warren, and first rounder. That would be my best offer.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope we don't give more than Bledsoe, Warren, and first rounder. That would be my best offer.

Yep, if they want more, who cares and move on.

Unfortuntely, i dont like the crap we're hearing, suns seem willing to give up bender or chriss...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That better not happen!!

Bender has been mentioned as one of the pieces along with Bledsoe and a 1st round pick and yet the Cavaliers balk.

I think the trade would be done if the Cavaliers accepted this offer from the Suns.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well not only is LeBron buds with Bled but he said during the playoffs "I'm only going to say this one time...we need a PG period."

So perhaps the Suns are banking that Lebron gets his way if he wants Bledsoe on the team.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why not just keep everyone and if Lebron wants to play with Bledsoe, he can do it next year when he becomes a FA? He can play with both Jackson and Bledsoe. We need to keep picks, next year's draft looks be a franchise altering draft headlined by Bagley (if he successfully re-classes), Ayton, Doncic, Porter & Bamba (if his offense develops).

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But when does that brat not get his way. We need to lowball.

I think the Suns reported trade offer (Bledsoe, Bender and a first round pick) is more than fair for Irving.

I doubt if the Suns offer less.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why not just keep everyone and if Lebron wants to play with Bledsoe, he can do it next year when he becomes a FA? He can play with both Jackson and Bledsoe. We need to keep picks, next year's draft looks be a franchise altering draft headlined by Bagley (if he successfully re-classes), Ayton, Doncic, Porter & Bamba (if his offense develops).

The thing is, next season there will be more teams competing for Lebron with even better PG options than Bledsoe.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Just say forget it to the Cavs. They're not getting Chriss or Bender (and absolutely not Jackson). I say keep Bledsoe, Warren and the picks. Irving doesn't want to be here. Why potentially throw away much of our future for some headlines and a rich man's Knight (LOL) for two years. It's just stupid.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The thing is, next season there will be more teams competing for Lebron with even better PG options than Bledsoe.
But they may not be better overall teams. LeBron could join a PHX squad that has Devin Booker, Eric Bledsoe, Josh Jackson, LeBron would play the PF spot in that lineup, and say worst case scenario we get Ayton in next year's draft, he plays the C spot. Plus you have Chriss, Bender, Warren, Williams, Reed, Ulis, Chandler (if he is not dealt), Len (if he is re-signed) and Knight to form a very deep bench. They best thing is we could afford LeBron and still have space for another main piece if we need one. Yeah, LAL will have Ball, but who else? Ingram & Randle? Even if they land George, PHX would have a better overall squad. The time line would be moved up because with that team, PHX could have enough depth to at least challenge GS. The James Jones hiring had to at least been partly motivated in attempt to at least make a pitch to LeBron, why in the world else would you sign a guy with no prior experience or name recognition for the job?

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
So LBJ gets his buddy Bled traded to Cleveland then leaves him there to rot on a horrible team next summer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
Sorry Overseas, but I would never want that prima Donna. LeBron can go jerk around any fan base except for us.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I would love to get Kyrie now, we can just hold course and let Bledsoe walk at the end of his contract and use that money to sign Kyrie or whoever else we want to get.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So LBJ gets his buddy Bled traded to Cleveland then leaves him there to rot on a horrible team next summer?

Then LeBron says on the way out door..."Well bro you could have rot on the suns...at least I showed you the playoffs"

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson