Kyler Murray entering Draft

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The norm is always changing... Its like guys I get into debates with at work about the championship teams of the 70s and 80s matching up against the Patriots/Chiefs/Rams/Saints of today. It would be a bloodbath..imo. That's due to change. The norm is never the norm. It's an illusion.. the game is always changing to some degree. Imo . I guess it just depends on what side of the fence you're on, is all...

So QBs are getting shorter and dumber?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this single largest post count in one thread in Cards forum history?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You can equally be a "grinder" and not be able to adjust to the NFL. I'm just saying.. it's only one piece to the puzzle. Imo
Yes, that would mean you are inadequate physically or mentally. The concern should be that Murray has physical limitations, limited experience, and is not known as a "grinder". That is a recipe for a bust pick.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That doesn’t quite answer my question.
Oh.. that required a real response?! Well, I guess your opinions of him being dumb are your own. That's your opinion. Not a universal truth. The height issue.. well... Ya know. He's shorter. Do alot of 6"5 QBs historically have the talent he has in his pinky? Not really... Imo. So if we go off historical talent then where do you want to fit that in to make up for the difference?

Nick Bosa has injury concerns.. supposed character issues.. based on history those don't bode well either for boom selections.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Oh.. that required a real response?! Well, I guess your opinions of him being dumb are your own. That's your opinion. Not a universal truth. The height issue.. well... Ya know. He's shorter. Do alot of 6"5 QBs historically have the talent he has in his pinky? Not really... Imo. So if we go off historical talent then where do you want to fit that in to make up for the difference?

Nick Bosa has injury concerns.. supposed character issues.. based on history those don't bode well either for boom selections.

Then pick Quinnen Williams since neither Murray nor Bosa are fail-safe and don’t necessarily address a position of dire need.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Then pick Quinnen Williams since neither Murray nor Bosa are fail-safe and don’t necessarily address a position of dire need.
I can get on board with that.. or trading back and loading up.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That accounts for all positions, not just QBs, and QBs account for a small fraction of NFL prospects. I don't care what my left guard or my DT scores. I need my QB to have good study habits and to be able to comprehend a complex playbook. That's why few QBs who are successful in the NFL score under a 25. It's especially concerning when you know the Wonderlic is coming and have the ability to study and take practice tests with your agents prior to the combine.

I've taken the Wonderlic before (scored a 33, if anyone cares). I can say while still an inexact science, it does test processing and fluency.

But did you use a calculator?

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I order for Murray to be successful he needs what he had at OU: great offensive minded HC, very good OL & a strong receiving corp. TAMU did have the talent around him like OU and he bombed because he needed to be in an offense like Riley’s. KK’s offense maybe close to what Riley runs but our OL is a real work in progress and we won’t know what we’ll have for the receiving Corp until after draft and into September. That’s too much to gamble with Murray’s success.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
murray with his agilty and quickness can make plays even if the offensive doesnt give great protection
its like having 0.5 seconds of margin in each plays, then he isnt afraid to get hit
he can be considered a midget qb but he is tough guy, and he is well built for his size , especially quad and glutus are running back type

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Because I still don`t want him as #1 pick.Like I said if he is it is what it is.As for the shoe companies I don`t have a lot of respect for them since they starting ******* out college sports and turning AAU athletics into training camps and steering recruits to NIKE/Adiddas brand colleges.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Bolded statement is false. In fact, the opposite is true.

Yes, Murray was used more on designed runs Krang. However, in terms of being a pocket passer, Murray is at least the equal of Mayfield. Both are generally pass-first, both are exceptionally accurate, both read defenses very well, both are fiery competitors.

That's what makes Murray worth the #1 pick Krang. He is, first and foremost, a franchise-changing QB, ala Mayfield and Mahomes. And, as a ridiculous bonus, he also possesses jaw-dropping athleticism. Murray won't make NFL linebackers look silly like he did their college counterparts, but he'll still beat them to the edge. You can believe that sir.

I was so freaking right. Lol...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson