Korey Cunningham traded to Pats for 6th Rounder

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Two things:
1. Which round did we draft Keesean Johnson in?
2. Cunningham, imo, has a big thing going for him, and that is that he doesn't seem to get hurt, and I'm not trying to jinx him. Team must figure that Miles will become our development OT, and that we'll pick up someone from the WW to back up Humphries and Gilbert. Or off the street.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
I agree. The only thing this means is that he wasn't going to make the team. There will be some additional cuts/pickups but now the Cards have a 6th when they wouldn't have had one if they cut him.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
There's nothing lucky about being the last guy to make the team. Because he's also the first guy to get cut when other teams cut players and the Cards think they have an upgrade.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I really don't get this. KC was serviceable.
SK keeps saying they're working the phones 24/7, from the looks of things they are. Got a 6th round draft choice for a 7th rd pick, with all that dead cap money (100 million) coming our way next season, stock pile picks, make this team deep at every position. SK also Said he has a team of people with a spreadsheet for all the positions they feel like they can improve, this coming saturday & the days to follow should get very interesting. I like that they're trying something. Cunningham played decent last yr but gave up a lot of QB hurries & hits, I'm sure we can find someone better that is more experienced.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Another move is coming. You know they have a list of guys who could be cut and may have to burn the 6th rounder to jump ahead of another team who would give up a 7th and bump in front of the cards waiver claim status
I was thinking exactly that. We have that 6th rounder now & could use it in a trade to get someone that can help us right away? I highly doubt they would have traded him if someone else wasn't available, considering how thin we are at OT. Something is being planned I'm sure.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I was leery about trading an OL for a Pat corner.

Cunningham was an exception because of his tendency to be a "flag magnet."

Am ambivalent about accepting a draft pick instead of the surplus NE corner folks here have been mentioning.
Had 2 or 3 holding penalties in the Vikings game & I believe he had at least one in the other two games.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Two things:
1. Which round did we draft Keesean Johnson in?
2. Cunningham, imo, has a big thing going for him, and that is that he doesn't seem to get hurt, and I'm not trying to jinx him. Team must figure that Miles will become our development OT, and that we'll pick up someone from the WW to back up Humphries and Gilbert. Or off the street.
He was going to get his hands injured soon from all the holding he gets called for lol.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Obviously Korey wasn’t going to make this final 53. I’m with Harry, if they think Cole can play OT in the NFL it’s a huge mistake

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Jurecki says they've scouted over 100 NFL tackles. If he was going to make the team getting a pick for him was smart.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jurecki says they've scouted over 100 NFL tackles. If he was going to make the team getting a pick for him was smart.

I would hope they have scouted every player on an NFL roster - that is their job.

I was reading an article in the athletic today about what teams have needs for and what they have a surplus of.

There are 6 teams whose #1 need is an offensive tackle, and none that have a surplus. It is the scarcest position in the NFL currently.

Any that might be made available will be traded, we will not get an answer off the waiver wire. So what that tells me, is we are going into the season with Miles as our swing tackle which is terrifying.

On a positive note, there should be some dline, and CB's worth picking up available in cuts.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would hope they have scouted every player on an NFL roster - that is their job.

I was reading an article in the athletic today about what teams have needs for and what they have a surplus of.

There are 6 teams whose #1 need is an offensive tackle, and none that have a surplus. It is the scarcest position in the NFL currently.

Any that might be made available will be traded, we will not get an answer off the waiver wire. So what that tells me, is we are going into the season with Miles as our swing tackle which is terrifying.

On a positive note, there should be some dline, and CB's worth picking up available in cuts.
Doesn't say much for developing the guys we've got. Has anyone written up anything on "how you build a tackle" - physically, mentally and technique-wise, and what approaches work best when? In short: Do we always have to "buy" a lineman rather than develop one"

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Pats want him you sure as heck better relook at the player. They KNOW O line like Keim knows a cheeseburger.
And Keim knows O line like Nkemdice knows running

Last edited:

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Pats want him you sure as heck better relook at the player. They KNOW O line like Keim knows a cheeseburger.

They gave us Chandler Jones for Cooper and a second. Cooper didn't even last a year with them and he was a former high first rounder.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
The Pats value draft picks differently then the rest of the league... I would not read too far into the Pats interest...

I am sure the Pats would like to have the Cooper - Jones trade back...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Cardinals soured on Cunningham this off-season.

He didn't make the jump they expected and he was likely to be cut. The Patriots are gambling on his tape from last season.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The Pats value draft picks differently then the rest of the league... I would not read too far into the Pats interest...

I am sure the Pats would like to have the Cooper - Jones trade back...

They value having a lot of draft picks because they often botch them but when you have Belichick and Tom Brady to bail you out... well, you still have people like Mitch thinking all they do is ingenious :)

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now unofficially official
Nearly a day after the original announcement, the Cunningham deletion hasn't been reflected on the Cardinal website roster page.

Any possibility that the 2 teams are waiting to see if the surplus NE cornerback cleared physical and the 6th round pick is actually a Plan B?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn