Knicks @ Suns Friday game thread 5-7-2021

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monty says it was a "desperate effort" by Suns in 2nd half tonight.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe a lesser team than the Suns would have folded under the pressure tonight.

They responded by playing super aggressive defense in the 2nd half.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are we really going to have to go through the Lakers as our 1st round opponent and the Clippers as our 2nd round opponent?!

come on basketball Gods... get at least ONE of our worst matchups out of our bracket.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Are we really going to have to go through the Lakers as our 1st round opponent and the Clippers as our 2nd round opponent?!

come on basketball Gods... get at least ONE of our worst matchups out of our bracket.
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Sorry, dumb take.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suns play the Lakers on Sunday.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I didn't have the heart to watch the game, but from the box score, it looks like the Suns sure have been missing Crowder.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Oh and if you want to see something awesome, watch Monty on that sequence at the end of the third.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. Sorry, dumb take.

This ain’t wrestling and we ain’t Rick Flair. For our first foray into the playoffs, I want every advantage we can get, especially getting some playoff experience under our belt before have to play the defending champion if they have the best player in the game healthy and then following that up with the team I believe is our worst matchup after.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When? Ok forget it. I’m wrong.

he was the only one though.

raja was that team’s Crowder. Tough as nails. Didn’t take crap from anyone and made the most out of the skills God gave him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh and if you want to see something awesome, watch Monty on that sequence at the end of the third.

that was pretty awesome. If Cam ever gets his shot back we could roll into the playoffs en fuego.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Taj Gibson shouldn't get Chris Paul upset.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm nervous about if that will ever happen this season.

he went through another cold streak earlier in the year and then got hot again. I’m hoping with Crowder back, the rotation gets set again and he gets back in a rhythm.

when he’s hitting that second unit goes to another level.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
he went through another cold streak earlier in the year and then got hot again. I’m hoping with Crowder back, the rotation gets set again and he gets back in a rhythm.

when he’s hitting that second unit goes to another level.
Oh I agree, but he's feeling a bit like Deandre Ayton in the way he goes hot and cold. Extremely streaky. And I think he still needs to learn a little bit about what to do when his shot isn't falling. He's definitely got the talent, I just wish he would do it more.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This ain’t wrestling and we ain’t Rick Flair. For our first foray into the playoffs, I want every advantage we can get, especially getting some playoff experience under our belt before have to play the defending champion if they have the best player in the game healthy and then following that up with the team I believe is our worst matchup after.
I was not talking about wrestling and I have no idea who Rick Flair is and I am not going to waste my time googling it. I stand by what I said. You have to beat the best to be the best. If you are scared of facing an opponent, you will never be the champ. Why not make them afraid of facing us? I watched us lose to the Celtics in 76 and the Bulls in 93. I am turning 70 this year and want to see the Suns win a NBA championship. You play the team on your schedule and you beat them. It is our time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Deande Ayton with 26 points and 15 rebounds.

The Knicks took something away and Ayton made the Knicks pay.

The Suns played well as a team especially in the 2nd half. Everyone came to play.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gn suns fans gonna save watching highlights for when i wake n bake tom with a cup of coffee lol

Man I'm feeling soooo happy after this w

Almost erases hawks l feeling

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was not talking about wrestling and I have no idea who Rick Flair is and I am not going to waste my time googling it. I stand by what I said. You have to beat the best to be the best. If you are scared of facing an opponent, you will never be the champ. Why not make them afraid of facing us?

Because they won’t be. At least not this year. I mean, are you serious with that question? If the Lakers are healthy, they’d be SALIVATING to play is because they’re bigger, more athletic and have a massive experience advantage. Should we also hope that LeBron and AD are completely healthy too so we have easily the toughest matchup in the first round of any team after having the second best record in the league?

you do realize teams try to get higher seeds in the regular season to make their road to the title easier, right?

wanting to play a healthy Lakers team in the WCF? Sure. I get that. But this season is a war or attrition. Starting with what would likely be our toughest opponent as we get acclimated to playoff intensity is a death wish, IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson