Kliff Kingsbury may walk away from USC

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He isn't resigning, SC cleared him to interview for HC positions.
All the recent articles say they are still blocking him so he likely resigned. His name is off the website. I haven't found an article yet that said he was cleared to interview by USC.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bob is absolutely worthless in his position.
yeah but since i follow the cardinals the big part of the rumors or anticipations coming from outside the state of arizona so u cant questioning every journalists following the cardinals

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why do people keep mentioning Caldwell LOL
Hey, Caldwell would be a meh hire, but he's the the opposite of Wilks; an experienced somewhat successful coach. He was kind of Detroits version of our BA. Took 'em to the PO's twice.

Hiring another inexperienced assistant would be a hard sell to the fans. Caldwell wouldn't be an easy sell either, but could be sold.

Kingsbury is the hot offensive mind the NFL is goo goo over.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, Caldwell would be a meh hire, but he's the the opposite of Wilks; an experienced somewhat successful coach. He was kind of Detroits version of our BA. Took 'em to the PO's twice.

Hiring another inexperienced assistant would be a hard sell to the fans. Caldwell wouldn't be an easy sell either, but could be sold.

this team is not hiring Jim Caldwell. I just want to know why people keep mentioning him when he hasn’t been named as a possible interview not once that I’ve seen? People are outright saying that he is the teams backup plan in their opinion??

jbjarko

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this team is not hiring Jim Caldwell. I just want to know why people keep mentioning him when he hasn’t been named as a possible interview not once that I’ve seen? People are outright saying that he is the teams backup plan in their opinion??

He interviewed Friday I believe.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

It was reported he interviewed. I don’t want him either though,.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

I kept hearing Caldwell could be coerced to get top-flight coordinators like Bowles and maybe Haley...but that was before BA was back in the mix.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm personally concerned we end up with Caldwell too.

I don't hate the guy, but he doesn't seem to have "it." He was put in really bad situations, but I still don't think they're an excuse enough.

While I think it's stupid, Kliff would at least be exciting. Gase and Campbell are the next guys on my list, and frankly, neither inspire me to even think about the possibilities.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
GB already picked up the new HC, let see how long it takes the Cards. :(

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
All the recent articles say they are still blocking him so he likely resigned. His name is off the website. I haven't found an article yet that said he was cleared to interview by USC.

None of the new coaches were listes oonthe football website, so his name was never removed. Just bad reporting. It is still on the SC directory.

Guys at the USC site have been saying he has been cleared to formally interview with the Jets at least. One saying he never was blocked, which I doubt.

Obviously, I don't know anything, but there is a lot of smoke around KK either way. Some say he spoke with the Cards and Jets, and now has/is interviewing with the Jets. One says he was offered the Cards job. One said he turned them down. Schefter saying there was mutual interest.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Few threads on the USC site saying Kliff will be named the Cardinals next head coach. Take it for what it's worth. Which is????

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Few threads on the USC site saying Kliff will be named the Cardinals next head coach. Take it for what it's worth. Which is????

Colin Cowherd said he heard he was signing with the Cards from multiple sources so where there’s smoke...

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yea after Bidwills press conference I’m 1000% convinced that’s a Rooney interview... Thanks for advising though I missed that.
Quite possible it was. Yeah, it's my opinion that hiring another inexperienced assistant would be a hard sell to fans. Take those assistants out of the picture and what do we have left; Gase, Caldwell and Kingsbury.

Gase - some odd rumor baggage and really, hiring a coach coming off back to back losing seasons? How do you sell that to the fans??

Maybe Caldwell could bring in some assistants and mentor one to take over after a few years like Dungy did with him.

Kingsbury is the trendy pick.

The coaching pool is pretty weak this year and the last thing the Cards need is another 2018. Caldwell and Kingsbury are the 'safest' picks, imo.

Whoever they get, I hope they can bring the mojo, swagger or "it" back to this franchise.

Doesn't he have to make it out of NY first?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who knows, Cards may have already interviewed him. There is no info coming out for the Cards on any of the candidates. Just from the national media.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I was gonna say...if this next head coach and rosen suck too bad...we may have a shot at Lawrence in two years lol

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can he bring their freshman QB too? Dude looks light years ahead of Rosen.

He has a VERY weird throwing motion. For a guy 6'6" his release is so low and he pushes the ball. has a gun but that sure looks like an arm injury waiting to happen to me.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Why is this guy even being discussed? I seriously don’t get it

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard