Kliff Kingsbury Interview Today

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You wonder if the rumors that "it's almost a done deal" (with the Jets) is yet another example of the East Coast Bias at play.

Just 'cause you WANT something to be true, doesn't make it so.
If he is in Arizona, its not a done deal in NY. Pretty simple.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Can't really say that I would be super-excited about Kingsbury.

When given a weapon like Mahomes, however, he did manage some potent offensive performances.

And I think it has to be true what people say about how difficult it is to recruit to Lubbock. The thought of Texas Tech's host city conjures up phrases like "god forsaken" and "dust bowl", at least for me.

Still, he never really made a big impression on me as an "innovative thinker" or that he was "formidable" as a coaching match-up for either Stoops or Riley. He never had TT firmly into the upper tier of the Big XII, unlike Mike Leech, his predecessor, Patterson at TCU, or even Art ("the Monster") Briles at Baylor.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This from Gambo.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the question is where he's at this moment? Still in NY or in / on his way to AZ? If he left NY chances are good he'll be Our new coach?
I only know what is said in this thread, haven't looked at twitter and twitter posts are blocked. I though MB already picked him up in his plane

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I only know what is said in this thread, haven't looked at twitter and twitter posts are blocked. I though MB already picked him up in his plane
Its all very confusing. And the Cardinals "keeping their cards close to the vest" nonsense isnt helping matters.

Last edited:

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I thought someone said in another thread that a hire of Kingsbury could either be a catastrophe or could be striking gold. I agree with that sentiment.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just checked twitter and it seems KK is still in NY.
It's too fluid to really know at this point. Only a handful of people will be able to confirm if he is or is not in NY now.

Heck, the Jets wanting him bad could have been leaked by his agent to add a few dollars to his salary with the Cards.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
anyone else feel like we are totally being used a leveraging tool in contract negotiations between Kliff and the Jets? I mean, can anyone remember a time when someone was picking between us and another team (especially a big market team) actually picked us?

and how fast are people here who don't care about Kliff stiffing USC a couple weeks after going there going to turn around and trash him when he goes with the Jets?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's too fluid to really know at this point. Only a handful of people will be able to confirm if he is or is not in NY now.

Heck, the Jets wanting him bad could have been leaked by his agent to add a few dollars to his salary with the Cards.

this is exactly where my head is at.

if the Jets really want him and reports are that they are his first choice and is still there for a second day...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still, he never really made a big impression on me as an "innovative thinker" or that he was "formidable" as a coaching match-up for either Stoops or Riley. He never had TT firmly into the upper tier of the Big XII, unlike Mike Leech, his predecessor, Patterson at TCU, or even Art ("the Monster") Briles at Baylor.

all of this.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Rapaport just tweeted that KK has been meeting with AZ all morning .

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Schrager and Rap are pretty solid journalists. Probably taking them at their word.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
anyone else feel like we are totally being used a leveraging tool in contract negotiations between Kliff and the Jets? I mean, can anyone remember a time when someone was picking between us and another team (especially a big market team) actually picked us?

and how fast are people here who don't care about Kliff stiffing USC a couple weeks after going there going to turn around and trash him when he goes with the Jets?

Are you calling your shot?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

more confusion, but positive...……...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Organizing Everything:

~Kliff is currently in Arizona as of this morning. Any report to the contrary is bullsh*t and I can say that with knowledge

~USC knows he’s gone. That ship has sailed

~Keim and Michael B talked with him last week, which sparked mutual interest over the weekend

~Barring a last-minute f-up or the Jets giving him a Godfather offer, he’s the Cards HC no later than tomorrow

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA