Kliff Kingsbury Interview Today

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Interviewing today and should be named HC this week. The next big announcement...what veteran coaches and DC did he hire.

You must be registered for see images attach

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Interviewing today and should be named HC this week. The next big announcement...what veteran coaches and DC did he hire.

I still think MB had a conversation with KK, before KK took USC job...and USC was his plan B all along.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Now Schefter is reporting

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Another interesting way to look at it...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
We don't know USC's arrangement with him.

KK turned down the HC job at University of Houston to take OC at USC. Why?

At the time, the KK to NFL chatter was very low...they may have said sure young fella, if you get an NFL job you can leave.

No matter what, this sucks for USC but it happens all the time. Coaches get fired, players get cut, and contracts are broken.

The Kraken

Veteran
Reaction score
Another interesting way to look at it...
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
I missed the tweets where BA was taken to task for unretiring (especially after saying the Browns would be the only job he would do it for)...These things happen, we have no idea what was discussed at USC WRT future, non-lateral job opportunities...and any reasonable person in any field would quickly bow out of any lesser paying, lower position if contacted by another company for promotion.

Hollow virtue signaling.

OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/01/07/n...ingsbury-coaching-carousel-playoffs-wild-card

It’s hard for some people to wrap their heads around Kliff Kingsbury’s situation. The Jets sat down with the current USC offensive coordinator on Monday. The Cardinals, I’m told, are very interested in him. And he was fired as Texas Tech’s head coach on Nov. 24. So I asked a couple of high-end evaluators familiar with that program to gauge their reaction to Kingsbury landing squarely on the NFL’s radar after tallying a 35–40 record over six seasons at his alma mater.

“I’m not surprised at all,” said one AFC college scouting director. “He’s a really innovative offensive coach, he’s charismatic, he has that kind of feel to him. I think he’s kind of what the new age of these offensive coaches are now. Everyone’s trying to find the next McVay. … He produced a really good offense every year, and fell victim to the same thing the rest of the conference falls victim to. And try and get a kid to go to Lubbock.”

Another AFC exec said, “I’m not surprised at all. He’s a young, innovative offensive mind. With the success of guys like that [in the NFL], of course the NFL would want to talk to him.” On the plus side, Kingsbury is regarded as a wizard when it comes to strategy, play-calling and tendencies. The flip side is that as a head coach, he was on his own planet in Lubbock, and he wouldn’t be in the NFL. And there are questions as to he’d handle the ins and out of organizing an operation within a billion dollar company, and how he’d get a defensive staff put together. But it’s really not that hard to see why NFL teams, in this year’s market, are contemplating rolling the dice here.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
USC jumped to sign K K but didn't cover their butt when they gave him a cheap buyout escape clause. They knew how much money K K got when he was fired/bought out by T Tech and gave him a much cheaper buy out at USC. K K is playing with house money. Lynn Swann may be a HOF player but not even close as an A D. USC took a shot and probably gave him the cheap out just to get him to sign on board. If they wanted him so desperately they could have fired Helton, which is imminent, and brought K K on as H C.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
So rumor is KK was flown to AZ on board Bidwills plane, I am sure that flight time wasn't wasted napping. Today's interview might just be wrapping up any questions that came up after the flight here, so a second interview in everything but title.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Keim and Bidwill have learned nothing

Sure they have. When making a blunder, it is better to do it fast, than to slow-peddle it to your fanbase. Now when KK flames out, they can blame anything other than being stuck with the last girl at the dance!

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Kingsbury is an unquestioned offensive genius. As for the record at TT, try recruiting against Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and TCU. You ain't gonna win many of
those recruiting battles.

He better hire top-flight assistant coaches including all three coordinators if he's the choice. I reserve judgment on this one until I see
his press conference and the NFL experience level of his coaching staff.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Kingsbury is an unquestioned offensive genius. As for the record at TT, try recruiting against Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and TCU. You ain't gonna win many of
those recruiting battles.

He better hire top-flight assistant coaches including all three coordinators if he's the choice. I reserve judgment on this one until I see
his press conference and the NFL experience level of his coaching staff.
[emoji817].

Mahomes wasn't even a QB recruit by any team not named Texas Tech.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
There are so many ways this can go, the route to actually winning it all is very narrow, can't just be offense as sooner or later you'll run into a great defense.

The NFL cycles all the time, just about the time offensive side peaks, even with the rule changes, then the real innovation will be on the defensive side of the ball.

Anticipating cycles means it's probably time to go against the herd and find a defensive genius but we won't and I don't blame them for that it's a copy cat league and well you saw what happened last year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard