Kliff Kingsbury Interview Today

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
anyone else feel like we are totally being used a leveraging tool in contract negotiations between Kliff and the Jets? I mean, can anyone remember a time when someone was picking between us and another team (especially a big market team) actually picked us?

and how fast are people here who don't care about Kliff stiffing USC a couple weeks after going there going to turn around and trash him when he goes with the Jets?
I am certianly NOT sold on KK, but The USC thing doesn't bother me for two reasons:

1) AZ job is a huge promotion from OC with USC;
2) USC's contract has very cheap buyout clause thus he is abiding by the terms of the contract.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Organizing Everything:

~Kliff is currently in Arizona as of this morning. Any report to the contrary is bullsh*t and I can say that with knowledge

~USC knows he’s gone. That ship has sailed

~Keim and Michael B talked with him last week, which sparked mutual interest over the weekend

~Barring a last-minute f-up or the Jets giving him a Godfather offer, he’s the Cards HC no later than tomorrow

TJ: tell us what you know...….. I know there has gotta be more there

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
TJ: tell us what you know...….. I know there has gotta be more there
All i know is from the USC side of things. I have friends w/ connections to the AD. Long story short: KK doesn’t sacrifice a good gig at USC for the NFL unless he has assurances that he has a job in waiting.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
John Gambadoro‏Verified account@Gambo987 2h2 hours ago
Kliff Kingsbury wil be in tonight for his interview with the Cardinals. According to sources in New York, Jets are pushing hard to get him to be there next head coach did not want him to make the trip to Arizona

Crash Gladys‏Verified account@CrashGladys 11m11 minutes ago
Hey @gambo987 @azsports, better check your sources... @KliffKingsbury is in AZ right now confirming his deal w @AZCardinals. No need to rush anything into the night b/c of @nyjets holding him... #comeonman

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
Too much smoke to think this isn't happening.

I figure he'll pretty much be the HC/OC... with another OC in name only candidate joining him.
Biggest question now is, who will rebuild the Defense.

Go Cards!!!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Kliff Kingsbury wil be in tonight for his interview with the Cardinals. According to sources in New York, Jets are pushing hard to get him to be there next head coach did not want him to make the trip to Arizona

Hey @gambo987 @azsports, better check your sources... @KliffKingsbury is in AZ right now confirming his deal w @AZCardinals. No need to rush anything into the night b/c of @nyjets holding him... #comeonman
lol @ Gambo...

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keim met Wilks at a beach. I really don't want (but I want) to venture where Kingsbury met Keim.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Small sample size? They didn't have much on that defense. Before this year, Smith's defenses were Top 10 in takeaways in 5 of the last 7 seasons — without great personnel.

Other ideas: Perry Fewell (DBs coach for the Jags, former NYG DC)

Fewell is an intriguing idea. But doesn't he run a 4-3?

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

That failure by him on Suns draft night was glorious.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Keim met Wilks at a beach. I really don't want (but I want) to venture where Kingsbury met Keim.

I hope Keim wasn’t shirtless

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

That’s a long flight to talk. Should be completed when the wheels touch down.