Kliff Kingsbury Interview Today

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
If this is the case (and trust me, I don't want it to be) Pagano should be the DC. Need the NFL HC experience somewhere on the staff.

Keim is trying to skip a step in this process. He’d be very lucky to get Pagano if he hires Kingsbury.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
This is probably gonna end just like when everyone thought we were getting Peyton Manning & the fans are gonna meltdown lol

Just sayin :lol:

Seriously which job looks better right now? Not even close imo

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

hmmmm

football karma

Reaction score

and this

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is probably gonna end just like when everyone thought we were getting Peyton Manning & the fans are gonna meltdown lol

Just sayin :lol:

Seriously which job looks better right now? Not even close imo

Anyone who actually thought we were getting Manning was delusional. He was always going to Denver because it was a better fit by a country mile for him. And I completely disagree that the Jets is a better looking job. NY is not a place for someone who doesn't follow the establishment methods to get their start. And Rosen is a better fit for his offense than Darnold.

Buckybird

Reaction score
OP
OP
TheCardFan

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
What about Mike Smith? I don't know if he puts anything on the table, but I don't think he takes anything off the table, either.

Not Mike Smith.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers[edit]
On January 15, 2016, Smith was named the Defensive Coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, under former assistant Dirk Koetter, who was named the Buccaneers' head coach that same day.[8] On October 15, 2018, Smith was fired after leading Tampa Bay to the league's worst defense through the first six weeks of the season.[9]

Could still be Bowles (relationship with Cardinals vs BA?). Pagano could be going with Arians as DC
Greg Schiano - too coincidental that he is all of a sudden leaving for "an NFL job". HC and DC experience and looking to rebuild image (might be the only one willing to work with KK)
Kris Richard - Maybe a pipe dream but I don't think he gets a HC job and he is not currently a DC

Buckybird

Reaction score
Anyone who actually thought we were getting Manning was delusional. He was always going to Denver because it was a better fit by a country mile for him. And I completely disagree that the Jets is a better looking job. NY is not a place for someone who doesn't follow the establishment methods to get their start. And Rosen is a better fit for his offense than Darnold.
I guess you don’t remember reading the board back in those days.

Seemed like me & Shane and maybe a few more said it would never happen.

What makes you think Rosen is a better fit for basically an all out passing attack than Darnold? The Cards have the worst Oline & WR corp in the NFL as we speak. That’s not even debateable.

Listen I think KK would improve our offense, but I still say he’s a mediocre HC at best & poor game manager. I’ve seen way too many Tech games given my family are fans though I’m UT.

We shall see

Reactions: HGC

football karma

Reaction score

more Gambo speculation. He knows somebody of some importance over at Cards HQ FWIW based on past stuff hes put out there

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

more Gambo speculation. He knows somebody of some importance over at Cards HQ FWIW based on past stuff hes put out there
This is correct.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Not Mike Smith.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers[edit]
On January 15, 2016, Smith was named the Defensive Coordinator for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, under former assistant Dirk Koetter, who was named the Buccaneers' head coach that same day.[8] On October 15, 2018, Smith was fired after leading Tampa Bay to the league's worst defense through the first six weeks of the season.[9]

Could still be Bowles (relationship with Cardinals vs BA?). Pagano could be going with Arians as DC
Greg Schiano - too coincidental that he is all of a sudden leaving for "an NFL job". HC and DC experience and looking to rebuild image (might be the only one willing to work with KK)
Kris Richard - Maybe a pipe dream but I don't think he gets a HC job and he is not currently a DC

Small sample size? They didn't have much on that defense. Before this year, Smith's defenses were Top 10 in takeaways in 5 of the last 7 seasons — without great personnel.

Other ideas: Perry Fewell (DBs coach for the Jags, former NYG DC)

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I agree but we would need to move fast and overpay to keep him from joining Arians.
I think they could make an easy argument to him. Do you want 2-3 years with BA or possibly over a decade with us?

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
KEROUAC9....why not dan campbell as DC . I mean even with zero experience he would immediately become the best DC in the league!

:biglaugh::biglaugh:

I was really looking forward to your future Dan Campbell posts.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another interesting way to look at it...
If there was a buyout clause in the contract, then KK wouldn't be "breaking" the contract. He would simply be exercising a clause that was anticipated and negotiated in advance by both sides. What a stupid take by two smart guys.

If USC wanted to be sure that KK couldn't leave for a better opportunity, they could've included much more onerous language in this clause (i.e. much steeper buyout) - which KK wouldn't have accepted, which is why they negotiated what they negotiated.

If KK truly "broke" the contract, this would be heading to court.

...dbs

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It wa
There are so many ways this can go, the route to actually winning it all is very narrow, can't just be offense as sooner or later you'll run into a great defense.

The NFL cycles all the time, just about the time offensive side peaks, even with the rule changes, then the real innovation will be on the defensive side of the ball.

Anticipating cycles means it's probably time to go against the herd and find a defensive genius but we won't and I don't blame them for that it's a copy cat league and well you saw what happened last year.
It wasn't so long ago (2 years?) that the so-called experts were sounding the death knell for running backs and running attacks,

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This morning, Kliff followed Steve Nash, Kurt Warner, Larry Fitzgerald, and Brandon Williams on Twitter. I think it's fair to assume he's our coach tomorrow morning.

Not true. He followed them well before this. His most recent follows are USC recruits.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
You wonder if the rumors that "it's almost a done deal" (with the Jets) is yet another example of the East Coast Bias at play.

Just 'cause you WANT something to be true, doesn't make it so.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is not going to be easy by no means. But he would inject some excitement in this offense and our personnel. That is exactly what Matt Nagy did in Chicago. The big key here is his DC needs to be an experienced guy that can take the defensive worries off his plate.
I'm more excited about offensive attitude than just x's and o's - just want to see the OC or HC pull something amazing out of their butt on 3rd and inches.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard