Kliff Kingsbury Interview Today

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We want a failed HC as our DC, someone who has shown they are a DC genius but terrible HC, the DC version of Norv Turner, so basically Wade Philips.
but he works for the lambs. any suggestions on a doppleganger?

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume that these guys also have been quoted saying the same thing about Manny Diaz as well?
Hmm. Wonder what he thinks about McDaniels? And it’s really not about looking for another job. An opportunity became available and why wouldn’t any human being not be open to bettering yourself? Signing a contract is not a death sentence. USC could have fired their head coach and hired kk. Or they could have sweetened the pot to keep him. Obviously USC did neither.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So rumor is KK was flown to AZ on board Bidwills plane, I am sure that flight time wasn't wasted napping. Today's interview might just be wrapping up any questions that came up after the flight here, so a second interview in everything but title.
Hi K:

I agree that there'd be more things than usual to be discussed on that plane - like (a) power-sharing between KK and SK, (b) what kind of defense we'll run, (c) who'll be the DC...and all that sort of stuff in addition to the normal things they'd talk about.

One nagging issue - If KK can escape from USC, why couldn't he turn around and pull the same stunt on the Cardinals?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kingsbury is an unquestioned offensive genius. As for the record at TT, try recruiting against Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma and TCU. You ain't gonna win many of
those recruiting battles.

He better hire top-flight assistant coaches including all three coordinators if he's the choice. I reserve judgment on this one until I see
his press conference and the NFL experience level of his coaching staff.

My take exactly

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One would hope an offensive genius might be able to convince Fitz to stick around for a year or two, right?

An offensive genius should be able to figure out how to get one of the (still) best receivers in the game the ball, right?

And should know when to use him and not playing the 90% or more of the total snaps

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
King & Cowherd are uppidity snobs anyways. If USC truly wanted KK, they should have hired him as their HC. This is not a lateral move. I just accepted a position, but would leave tomorrow if a better opportunity arose.

I'm sure USC would have no issue breaking that contract if Kliff underperformed and there was someone else better to fill the position.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Hi K:

I agree that there'd be more things than usual to be discussed on that plane - like (a) power-sharing between KK and SK, (b) what kind of defense we'll run, (c) who'll be the DC...and all that sort of stuff in addition to the normal things they'd talk about.

One nagging issue - If KK can escape from USC, why couldn't he turn around and pull the same stunt on the Cardinals?

Well if he wanted to bolt for another NFL franchise we'd get compensation so I wouldn't worry too much about that. If he left us hanging to go back to college like Saban did to the Dolphins or Petrino to the Falcons not sure much can be done in that case.

Hypothesis

Draft Junkie
Reaction score
I'd love to see Bowles back here as DC but think BA will get him in Tampa. A few names I'm interested in... Marvin Lewis, Chuck Pagano, and John Pagano. One dark horse name perviously connected with the cards that might come up, that I'm not particularly interested in, Teryl Austin.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
If this is the case (and trust me, I don't want it to be) Pagano should be the DC. Need the NFL HC experience somewhere on the staff.

Reactions: HGC

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
One would hope an offensive genius might be able to convince Fitz to stick around for a year or two, right?

An offensive genius should be able to figure out how to get one of the (still) best receivers in the game the ball, right?

I'm not sure what the evidence is that Fitz is one of the best 20 receivers in football anymore. He's fine.

I'd love to see Bowles back here as DC but think BA will get him in Tampa. A few names I'm interested in... Marvin Lewis, Chuck Pagano, and John Pagano. One dark horse name perviously connected with the cards that might come up, that I'm not particularly interested in, Teryl Austin.

I don't think Marvin Lewis has done much to put his hands on a defense in a long time. He was bascially COO for the Bengals the last 15 years. Chuck Pagano was a DC for only one year and then lead some truly execrable defenses with the Colts.

What about Mike Smith? I don't know if he puts anything on the table, but I don't think he takes anything off the table, either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard