jurecki and pasch said cards have signed 10 -11 UDFA..list this afternoon

pinnacle

Reaction score
list will be coming out this afternoon ..probably after 1:30 press conference...FYI...rookie free agents that is..

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Great!

You might not like the value grade the Cards got in the draft, but I do believe they have one of the best scouting depts. in the league and that is evident by players like Shipp, D.Anderson, and Wakefield... all UDFA.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Every team is starting to find more "gems" among UDFAs.....thanks to 5 rounds getting chopped off the draft and salaries going out of control and making it financially necessary to keep some of these guys. After all, they make $205,000.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You might not like the value grade the Cards got in the draft, but I do believe they have one of the best scouting depts. in the league and that is evident by players like Shipp, D.Anderson, and Wakefield... all UDFA.
Hmmm. Suggs = #16. Sullivan = #6. Scouting and drafting involves a lot of different aspects - beating the bushes, visiting small schools in the boonies, having good relationships with a lot of college coaches and assistants, organizing the data, evaluating the information that's collected, exercising good judgement under the pressure of the clock at the draft, scoping out what other teams are likely to do.

The Cards have been good at unearthing UDFA's capable of playing and even starting.

But, in my opinion, they were far from being surefooted in the 1st round Saturday, our team and its players haven't won anything consistently (or lately) so I wouldn't annoint them "one of the best scouting depts." just yet.

OP
OP
P

pinnacle

Reaction score
FWIW...jurecki did say that so far...the 10 or 11 did not include any local college players (ASU, NAU, UA)...usually they take a token couple..this could change by the time they actually announce signings.

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by pinnacle
FWIW...jurecki did say that so far...the 10 or 11 did not include any local college players (ASU, NAU, UA)...usually they take a token couple..this could change by the time they actually announce signings.

He also said that there were no "Damian Anderson" type players.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by EndZone
He also said that there were no "Damian Anderson" type players.

What does that mean? A player who actually excelled in college and for some reason fell out of the draft? Or players they actually expect to make the team? I didn't hear the interview or whatever it was so don't know the overall context

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Originally posted by AZCB34
What does that mean? A player who actually excelled in college and for some reason fell out of the draft? Or players they actually expect to make the team? I didn't hear the interview or whatever it was so don't know the overall context

That was my question.

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
Ill 3rd that, Or something like that. I was hoping we would get Romberg. Stupid Jags.