Josh Rosen speaks on his uncertain future on SI TV

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And that’s why we all have our views on this polarizing situation. It takes 53 guys to make a team. Murray without a supporting cast will not succeed. The problem with many of the Murray backers is it seems they believe they only way to have an offense that excels is with a guy like Murray. There are a dozen qbs in this league that are winners without being super mobile.

You're missing a very important point. Murray is FAR more than just mobile. Murray is as pure a thrower of the rock as I have seen in a long, long time. Most mobile QB's run because they mask either a weak arm or an inaccurate arm. Murray has a strong arm, accurate arm, and he can run a little too. He's the entire package. He will be the guy that everyone will want to see on Sundays. I hope we don't pass on him & have to watch some other team's fans have all the fun.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they draft kyler they have to be at least .500 this year or the pitchforks are coming out. People already are against Murray add a losing season no matter the circumstances and this franchise has a big problem to deal with. Fans aren’t going to go along with the “this is a process give it time”. They are going to say you traded a QB after one year to take another QB #1 overall. Results are going to need to be instant. Problem their hands would be tied and we be stuck with KK and Murray for at least the next 2 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
People are against Murray? No, a few people on THIS BOARD which represents like .00000001% of all Cardinals fans are against Murray. Pitchforks out? Lmao. Did you go to any games last year? You act like the stadium was jam packed with passionate Cards fans cheering Josh and the boys on. Arizona doesn't have enough fans that give a **** to get out pitchforks.

Here is something that all of the folks on here that are so radically against Murray need to face. The team last year was probably the WORST Cardinals team ever or at least in the Arizona era. So bad that they canned a first year head coach. If they feel that Murray gives them the best chance to win with their new head coach, Josh Rosen is irrelevant. Where he was picked last year is irrelevant. And any potential you think Rosen could have is irrelevant. If Murray is the guy they want, then freaking do it. Josh Rosen was picked to be the QBOF under Steve Wilks and Mike McCoy, not Kliff.

I am cool with either approach, but the most bizarre aspect of all of this is that Rosen did nothing last year, and wasn't even great in college. Feeling sorry for him because the line and WRs sucked last year won't win games moving forward. His ability to take a hit isn't even a real attribute.

Pitchforks.......nope.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People are against Murray? No, a few people on THIS BOARD which represents like .00000001% of all Cardinals fans are against Murray. Pitchforks out? Lmao. Did you go to any games last year? You act like the stadium was jam packed with passionate Cards fans cheering Josh and the boys on. Arizona doesn't have enough fans that give a **** to get out pitchforks.

Here is something that all of the folks on here that are so radically against Murray need to face. The team last year was probably the WORST Cardinals team ever or at least in the Arizona era. So bad that they canned a first year head coach. If they feel that Murray gives them the best chance to win with their new head coach, Josh Rosen is irrelevant. Where he was picked last year is irrelevant. And any potential you think Rosen could have is irrelevant. If Murray is the guy they want, then freaking do it. Josh Rosen was picked to be the QBOF under Steve Wilks and Mike McCoy, not Kliff.

I am cool with either approach, but the most bizarre aspect of all of this is that Rosen did nothing last year, and wasn't even great in college. Feeling sorry for him because the line and WRs sucked last year won't win games moving forward. His ability to take a hit isn't even a real attribute.

Pitchforks.......nope.
Sobering and solid post. Imo

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score

Pitchforks.......nope.

I already brought this up but go to Instagram and look at the top comments on all of the cardinals and PP’s posts. They are all about keeping Rosen. I think YOU are in your bubble and are not looking at outside sources to see what other fans away from this board are actually feeling. Wait til the live shot of cards fans once the #1 pick is announced, if it is Murray it will get jet like boos.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I already brought this up but go to Instagram and look at the top comments on all of the cardinals and PP’s posts. They are all about keeping Rosen. I think YOU are in your bubble and are not looking at outside sources to see what other fans away from this board are actually feeling. Wait til the live shot of cards fans once the #1 pick is announced, if it is Murray it will get jet like boos.

Disagree, and even if it did get boos who the hell cares. "Cardinals fans" , all like 2000 of them, thought Josh McCown was better than Warner. Go back and look at the posts on here. That was actually a thing, along with Marcel Shipp being a good running back and several other ridiculous Cardinals fan-like takes only found with this fan base. Any love for Rosen at this point, is about the same and would disappear the second Murray rips off a sick run.

What's funny is that other than fake attributes like grit, the ability to take a hit, and having a good SI interview for a video at the Grand Canyon, I never hear anyone who wants Rosen mention anything on the field. Newsflash: on the field is all that matters boys. That is why it doesn't matter what I think, or any fan. If they feel it's the right move to win games, they better draft Murray.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Disagree, and even if it did get boos who the hell cares. "Cardinals fans" , all like 2000 of them, thought Josh McCown was better than Warner. Go back and look at the posts on here. That was actually a thing, along with Marcel Shipp being a good running back and several other ridiculous Cardinals fan-like takes only found with this fan base. Any love for Rosen at this point, is about the same and would disappear the second Murray rips off a sick run.

What's funny is that other than fake attributes like grit, the ability to take a hit, and having a good SI interview for a video at the Grand Canyon, I never hear anyone who wants Rosen mention anything on the field. Newsflash: on the field is all that matters boys. That is why it doesn't matter what I think, or any fan. If they feel it's the right move to win games, they better draft Murray.
It does seem like to me that some fans have this notion that their voices should be heard by the front office.. I understand.. fans fuel the fire of said business... But they already know this. So why feel the need to jump up on a soapbox. It's like any other business in life you deal with.. if they are making choices that upset you and disagree with, go somewhere else with your business.. jmo

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
That goes without saying. But, can you pass on a QB that will probably terrorize NFL defenses for years to come just to be fair to Rosen?? If Rosen played even remotely like Mayfield last year, this isn't even an issue. Many people close to OU football believe that Murray will be better than Mayfield?? The Cardinals have to make a tough decision here.
The only question I have when I hear things like that about Murray is why aren't there QB needy teams making a huge effort to get the number one pick?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The players also talked about keeping Wilks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The only question I have when I hear things like that about Murray is why aren't there QB needy teams making a huge effort to get the number one pick?

How do you know that teams aren't?

You have to also realize there is still a deep bias against shorter QBs even though Brees, Mayfield, and Wilson are showing height is overrated. Kurt Warner himself said he was only 6'1.

If Murray was 6'2 he would easily be the consensus best player in the draft. I again challenge anyone to attack his actual play on the field. You arent hearing that because people are finding no football reasons to dislike him.

blindseyed

Reaction score
How do you know that teams aren't?

You have to also realize there is still a deep bias against shorter QBs even though Brees, Mayfield, and Wilson are showing height is overrated. Kurt Warner himself said he was only 6'1.

If Murray was 6'2 he would easily be the consensus best player in the draft. I again challenge anyone to attack his actual play on the field. You arent hearing that because people are finding no football reasons to dislike him.
okay first of all I never said anything disparaging about his play I was simply asking a question, and the question had to do with all the experts saying he's going to be like Mayfield or the next great quarterback if that's so you would hear people with QB needy teams making a push, we hear 50 rumors a day about Rosen etc but not one about any team trading up for the number one to get Murray.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
okay first of all I never said anything disparaging about his play I was simply asking a question, and the question had to do with all the experts saying he's going to be like Mayfield or the next great quarterback if that's so you would hear people with QB needy teams making a push, we hear 50 rumours a day about Rosen etc but not one about any team trading up for the number on to get Murray.

The problem is that everyone knows the cost to trade up is really high and no one wants to trade that much this year to get Murray when next years QB crop looks great on paper.

blindseyed

Reaction score
The problem is that everyone knows the cost to trade up is really high and no one wants to trade that much this year to get Murray when next years QB crop looks great on paper.
Thank you that's a great point, although if he really is the next great quarterback for centuries I would think there'd be more people making a push for that number one no matter the cost, just my opinion

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

If Murray is supposed to be so great and transcendent then paying the price shouldn`t matter.If he is the generational talent you Murray backers say then why worry about next years QB talent? So which is it?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Murray is supposed to be so great and transcendent then paying the price shouldn`t matter.If he is the generational talent you Murray backers say then why worry about next years QB talent? So which is it?
Because if he fits Kingsburys system to a tee it wouldn't matter the price... The Cardinals would pass.

blindseyed

Reaction score
Possibly because they know it wouldn't matter.. imo
I've heard people say that too but it wouldn't stop at least one or two teams from inquiring and not one rumor or suggestion about any sort of first round trade or whatever

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No one does except Murray, that being said the scary part is he does have baseball to fall back on if he doesn't like what the cardinals are doing? Rosen doesn't have that option. Drafting Murray comes with several risks as does any player but teams have to be careful choosing a player that was torn on which sport to play. I know he said 100% committed to football & all but.................? Cardinals better not make him mad then it could be back to baseball.

GM cannot be afraid of that. If the GM is scared of that possibility he shouldn't be the GM because that means the GM is concerned the Cards will disappoint Murray.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Instagram isn't reliable polling

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Like I said, just like you see on this board, the bias against short QBs is driving most of the anti-Murray sentiment.

Compare Rosen's best season against Murray, and Murray was significantly better. Yes, he played for a better team, but Murray was so much better.

He had a 96 QBR!!!! That's crazy. QBR accounts not for how well the team plays, it only accounts for how the QB played within the system.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Instagram isn't reliable polling

I don’t have the resources to robodial thousands of season ticket holders. I can only use what I have and more than 50% of people on this board and Instagram comments would rather stay with rosen. If there’s another place I can look which skews the other way I’d be more than happy to take a look.

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
QBR does not exist in a vacuum. If I have top tier receivers and oline playing against a less talented D I'm going to have a lot better rating than when under duress and with receivers who can't get open.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard