Josh Rosen speaks on his uncertain future on SI TV

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
we dont know whats going on behind the doors
It doesn't matter.

Every young QB deserves a competent head coach.

Every young QB deserves an OC who hasn't been fired two times in the previous year.

Every young QB deserves to be put in a situation to succeed.

Every young QB deserves the support of the organization.

This media circus coming off a season where we had one of the worst offenses in NFL history is horrible for an organization.

If you are a successful organization, these moves look clever.

If you are an unsuccessful organization, they highlight your dysfunction.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't matter.

Every young QB deserves a competent head coach.

Every young QB deserves an OC who hasn't been fired two times in the previous year.

Every young QB deserves to be put in a situation to succeed.

Every young QB deserves the support of the organization.

This media circus coming off a season where we had one of the worst offenses in NFL history is horrible for an organization.

If you are a successful organization, these moves look clever.

If you are an unsuccessful organization, they highlight your dysfunction.
We'll see. We know nothing right now and to form hard line opinions before the curtains are drawn is premature.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless they trade back, they will look like donkeys.
So, if they just sat around quietly, told Rosen to play along and let the media lose control and our goal is to trade back and it happens...they will look like donkeys. Got it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would serve the Cards right if they trade Rosen to the Skins and he becomes All Pro While Murray turns into RGIII kinda remember the old days when they traded a guy by the name of Dave Butz and he haunted them for many many years afterward

LMAO "All Pro"

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just f-ing keep the kid and get better by filling another need. Why is the FO overthinking this? I'm starting to sour on Keim, Michael, and others.

How do you know they are over thinking this? They have to play the game with the top pick. Regardless of the nonsense Keim was spewing at the presser, they have a good sense of what they are doing with #1 but are leaving all their options open. Makes sense to me.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why should we be satisfied with "better than average offense with Rosen"? We have both been fans of this team for a long, long time. Old man Bidwill always was content with average. That's why we never hit rock bottom all these decades, and consequently, never had the opportunity to pick 1st in our lifetimes. You're correct that Murray does not guarantee success, but to be a great team, you must have a great QB. I have far more confidence that Murray has that ceiling as opposed to Rosen. Shoot for greatness & don't settle for average, even if average was expensive to acquire just a year ago.
And that’s why we all have our views on this polarizing situation. It takes 53 guys to make a team. Murray without a supporting cast will not succeed. The problem with many of the Murray backers is it seems they believe they only way to have an offense that excels is with a guy like Murray. There are a dozen qbs in this league that are winners without being super mobile.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That goes without saying. But, can you pass on a QB that will probably terrorize NFL defenses for years to come just to be fair to Rosen?? If Rosen played even remotely like Mayfield last year, this isn't even an issue. Many people close to OU football believe that Murray will be better than Mayfield?? The Cardinals have to make a tough decision here.
Theres the problem . Change t your second sentence from “probably” to “ May, could or possibly”.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No such thing. Nobody knows how any drafted player will turn out. That is why the decision is never easy.

I feel no sympathy for Keim in this. If he doesn't like being in a no win situation he can go work elsewhere.
Well most of the Murray backers seem to believe he’s a sure thing. There isn’t one “expert “ in the media that ranks Murray as the top prospect in this draft. Not one. Most have him ranked around 9th to 12th. They could all be wrong but there is a reason for that. Let me be clear I have no sympathy for Keim. He’s played the biggest role in putting us in this position.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well most of the Murray backers seem to believe he’s a sure thing. There isn’t one “expert “ in the media that ranks Murray as the top prospect in this draft. Not one. Most have him ranked around 9th to 12th. They could all be wrong but there is a reason for that. Let me be clear I have no sympathy for Keim. He’s played the biggest role in putting us in this position.
But what makes Rosen a sure thing? I think that what most of us backers are looking at like.. if Rosen would have flashed a little more I would have been really torn between him and a possible get like Murray in KKs system. But he didn't and I think that is the concerning issue for some. More so for me was just the news that, imo, KK is enamored with the kid. That has been my sticking point...and I would venture to say that if he likes him so much, why wouldnt you give him everything he wants to succeed?! But, if he feels like that is Rosen.. then great too. I feel I have to copy and paste here soon.. haha. :D

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But what makes Rosen a sure thing? I think that what most of us backers are looking at like.. if Rosen would have flashed a little more I would have been really torn between him and a possible get like Murray in KKs system. But he didn't and I think that is the concerning issue for some. More so for me was just the news that, imo, KK is enamored with the kid. That has been my sticking point...and I would venture to say that if he likes him so much, why wouldnt you give him everything he wants to succeed?! But, if he feels like that is Rosen.. then great too. I feel I have to copy and paste here soon.. haha. :D
Lol. No kidding! I’m stuck on the fact that KK was hired and accepted the fact that Rosen was his qb. He has had successful offenses with guys less talented than Rosen. I will back Murray to the fullest if he is our pick. I’ll add this. If we take Murray we’d better go balls out offense with the next 3 picks. I’ll puke if I hear Kevin White is our “ take the lid off” wr.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. No kidding! I’m stuck on the fact that KK was hired and accepted the fact that Rosen was his qb. He has had successful offenses with guys less talented than Rosen. I will back Murray to the fullest if he is our pick. I’ll add this. If we take Murray we’d better go balls out offense with the next 3 picks. I’ll puke if I hear Kevin White is our “ take the lid off” wr.
Agreed.. I want them to get Hollywood Brown (if he's there in the first couple rounds) as well and that would really open up an offensive playbook. :raccoon:

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2019 NFL Draft: Josh Rosen breaks silence, reacts to 'annoying' trade rumors as Kyler Murray buzz builds
  • By John Breech
  • Apr 18, 2019 at 2:37 pm ET • 2 min read
With just one week to go until the NFL Draft, one of the biggest mysteries in football is whether or not the Cardinals are going to keep Josh Rosen.

Although general manager Steve Keim insists that the Cardinals still haven't decided what they're going to do with the No. 1 overall pick, there's been plenty of speculation suggesting that the Cards are planning to draft Kyler Murray and dump Rosen just one year after landing him with the 10th overall pick in the 2018 draft.

The Cardinals added to that speculation on Wednesday when they made the very conspicuous decision to keep Rosen out of their schedule-release video.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Arizona Cardinals

✔@AZCardinals

https://twitter.com/AZCardinals/status/1118671004891369473

Coming soon to a 65,000-seat theater near you!

: http://bit.ly/2zJMRGy

8:22 PM - Apr 17, 2019

598 people are talking about this

Twitter Ads info and privacy

As the Murray buzz continues to build, one person who has been noticeably silent about the possibility that Rosen might be traded out of Arizona is Rosen himself. Although the Cardinals kicked off their offseason workout program on April 8 -- with Rosen in attendance -- the quarterback is one of the few players who still hasn't been made available to the media.

With exactly seven days to go until the draft, Rosen finally broke his silence this week, and as you can imagine, he doesn't sound too thrilled about what's going on. In an exclusive interview with Sports Illustrated, Rosen referred to his current situation as "annoying."

"I think when people talk about, 'You can't listen to criticism or don't ever read articles,' you have to be aware of what's going on to a certain extent, so I definitely understand the situation," Rosen said. "I mean, it's annoying, but, it is what it is. Football is a business and I definitely respect the higher ups and their decisions."

Although Rosen willingly admits that he struggled on the field last season, he's still itching to get back on the field and compete -- whether or not that's with the Cardinals is another question.

"I think the season probably went as poorly as it could possibly go, but within that, I had an unbelievable time," Rosen said. "We won three games and each one of those wins, to me, it felt like we won the Super Bowl and that feeling is so intoxicating and that's why I want nothing more than to be a part of a team next year and have the same opportunities to go out and compete."

If the Cardinals do end up trading him away, it sounds like Rosen plans to make them pay. The quarterback said he's going to "prove them wrong" if they end up dealing him.

"I think the best advice I've ever gotten in life from so many different people is 'control what you can control,' and whatever decisions are made, it's my duty to prove them right if they keep me and prove them wrong if they ship me off," Rosen said.

So what's going to happen in the draft?

Six of our writers here at CBSSports.com took a stab at the question in their latest mock drafts. Although three of those writers have Murray landing with the Cardinals, we have three other writers who have Murray going to another team. To check out each of those mock drafts, all you have to do is click here.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Rosen featured in this one, that ending has you thinking.

Keim loves trolling everyone it seems. lol

The end of that video where josh is telling everyone to ssshhhh gets me very amped up not gonna lie. I like this kid more and more every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Josh played absoultely terrible last year when given the opportunity, by far the worst of all rookie QB's. I think its unfair to blame him 100% for all the Cardinals problems, but he certainly did not do enough to comfort the FO or the fan base that he is the QBOTF.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Josh played absoultely terrible last year when given the opportunity, by far the worst of all rookie QB's. I think its unfair to blame him 100% for all the Cardinals problems, but he certainly did not do enough to comfort the FO or the fan base that he is the QBOTF.
Doesn't mean we should pick just anyone else to take over.

Murray's got too many red flags, and probably wont be all that great. If this was Andrew Luck, I'd be with ya.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I for one will applaud very loudly if Murray slides way way way past the Cards say UDFA would be just about Right for Me I'm Other words I DONT LIKE HIM AS A PROSPECT AT ALL CAN I BE ANY CLEARER THAN THAT!!!!
UDFA? Good Lord. So dramatic.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If they don’t take Murray and tell Josh he was their guy all along there will still be some trust lost. Even if it’s a small percentage. After the debacle last year the last thing he needs is more uncertainty.
Maybe they can get him a Build a Bear with a Cardinals uniform to calm him down and make him feel good again.