Josh Rosen speaks on his uncertain future on SI TV

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Like I said, just like you see on this board, the bias against short QBs is driving most of the anti-Murray sentiment.

Compare Rosen's best season against Murray, and Murray was significantly better. Yes, he played for a better team, but Murray was so much better.

He had a 96 QBR!!!! That's crazy. QBR accounts not for how well the team plays, it only accounts for how the QB played within the system.

But you Murray backers say his talent overcomes any obstacles.You say his height should be non-factor and his elusiveness will keep him from getting hits.Is it bias or history that has proven that shorter smaller QBs very rarely have success in the NFL?Could it be that many teams don`t feel quite as sure of Murrays ability to be worthy of the number 1 pick and/or his chances of being a longterm success in the NFl.Concerns over how his game translates to the NFL?

bojack

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And to be fair not saying Murray wasn't good, it's just hard to know how much of that was a product of his team. He wasn't lighting the world on fire at A&M. But to be fair, Haskins is on a team full of talent also. I would say less of a gap though in their conference, but OSU typically has more talent than the rest of the conf.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
I don’t have the resources to robodial thousands of season ticket holders. I can only use what I have and more than 50% of people on this board and Instagram comments would rather stay with rosen. If there’s another place I can look which skews the other way I’d be more than happy to take a look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't want to stay with Rosen, but don't want to pass on Williams.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
GM cannot be afraid of that. If the GM is scared of that possibility he shouldn't be the GM because that means the GM is concerned the Cards will disappoint Murray.
Just something for SK to think about, always a possibility Murray bombs or just decides to give up football for baseball. If Murray is drafted & fails, leaving for baseball will not concern SK one bit, him & KK will be out of a job lol. Rosen is the safest option imo. Whomever they pick with their 1st pick, I just want them to get it right, tired of the losing & being the laughing stock of the NFL.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
You're missing a very important point. Murray is FAR more than just mobile. Murray is as pure a thrower of the rock as I have seen in a long, long time. Most mobile QB's run because they mask either a weak arm or an inaccurate arm. Murray has a strong arm, accurate arm, and he can run a little too. He's the entire package. He will be the guy that everyone will want to see on Sundays. I hope we don't pass on him & have to watch some other team's fans have all the fun.
But can he throw it watching from the sidelines while the other team runs down or throws for yet another score don't care the QB is you better build some kind of defense that can stop the other team from scoring every once in a while

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
GM cannot be afraid of that. If the GM is scared of that possibility he shouldn't be the GM because that means the GM is concerned the Cards will disappoint Murray.
I remember another 2 sport athlete that chose baseball over football btw the Cards drafted him also wanna guess who it was his name was Kirk Gibson from what I've read he could have been a monster WR

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
You have no clue how Murray would have reacted. Don't let your insane hatred of Murray to cloud your common sense.
I was clearly making a joke. And again, I don't have a hatred of Kyler Murray. Thinking he's not going to be the greatest QB to ever play the game is not hate. I just don't slobber over him like some of you guys.

You have no clue how Murray would have reacted. Don't let your insane hatred of Murray to cloud your common sense.
I was clearly making a joke. And again, I don't have a hatred of Kyler Murray. Thinking he's not going to be the greatest QB to ever play the game is not hate. I just don't slobber over him like some of you.
How do you know that teams aren't?

You have to also realize there is still a deep bias against shorter QBs even though Brees, Mayfield, and Wilson are showing height is overrated. Kurt Warner himself said he was only 6'1.

If Murray was 6'2 he would easily be the consensus best player in the draft. I again challenge anyone to attack his actual play on the field. You arent hearing that because people are finding no football reasons to dislike him.

I don't know, I've brought up plenty of football reasons not to like him. Leaving his first school, not being able to win or keep the job when there, throwing most of his passes to wide open, dynamic receivers, running being a major risk for him to get popped and at the very least take away that element of his game with a few injuries... those are all football reasons.

Brees is two inches taller than Murray. Mayfield is 3. Wilson is the only successful comparison and he has a ton of other intangibles that Murray has not exhibited in his ONE season of play. Height isn't overrated. Watch Drew Brees throw from his tiptoes just to get the ball out. He's one of the greatest ever, but he's the exception to the rule, not the reason the standards should go away.

If Murray was 6'2, yes, he might be considered the best in the draft. If I was 6'2, Jessica McElroy would have gone to prom with me. Unfortunately, neither of us are.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But can he throw it watching from the sidelines while the other team runs down or throws for yet another score don't care the QB is you better build some kind of defense that can stop the other team from scoring every once in a while
Our defense will be just fine. Imo

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was clearly making a joke. And again, I don't have a hatred of Kyler Murray. Thinking he's not going to be the greatest QB to ever play the game is not hate. I just don't slobber over him like some of you guys.

I was clearly making a joke. And again, I don't have a hatred of Kyler Murray. Thinking he's not going to be the greatest QB to ever play the game is not hate. I just don't slobber over him like some of you.

I don't know, I've brought up plenty of football reasons not to like him. Leaving his first school, not being able to win or keep the job when there, throwing most of his passes to wide open, dynamic receivers, running being a major risk for him to get popped and at the very least take away that element of his game with a few injuries... those are all football reasons.

Brees is two inches taller than Murray. Mayfield is 3. Wilson is the only successful comparison and he has a ton of other intangibles that Murray has not exhibited in his ONE season of play. Height isn't overrated. Watch Drew Brees throw from his tiptoes just to get the ball out. He's one of the greatest ever, but he's the exception to the rule, not the reason the standards should go away.

If Murray was 6'2, yes, he might be considered the best in the draft. If I was 6'2, Jessica McElroy would have gone to prom with me. Unfortunately, neither of us are.
Craziness. So, if we will go off guys with ONE great collegiate season... We will just eliminate all top picks and trade down I'm assuming? The height thing is such a strange obsession here.. you say his best comp is Wilson, then go on to say it's his lacking of intangibles. Which then leads you to the point of it only being his height at the end.. so his lacking of intangibles is his height. Lol which is it man?

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Our defense will be just fine. Imo
Just like the offense that defense is loaded with question Mark's heavens it can be said in our 1 lone Super Bowl appearance the defense blew it especially at the end when the Cards actually had a small lead this team needs an identity and this QB class hasn't got anyone that fills that void Especially Murray

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Leaving Rosen out of the team video and now putting him back in?....Not sure what the Cardinals are doing but being a fan for over 50 years certainly has not instilled any confidence. They couldn't get the coach or OC correct last year...The entire team suffered due to this....Totally screwed up with the Bradford signing and tossed Rosen into the mess before they had planned to.
Now they reach for a college coach that was going to be an assistant this year. In my opinion Keim should be gone. And he will be after he screws up this draft. Michael a big part of this and although he is different than his Dad, still scares the hell out of me.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Craziness. So, if we will go off guys with ONE great collegiate season... We will just eliminate all top picks and trade down I'm assuming? The height thing is such a strange obsession here.. you say his best comp is Wilson, then go on to say it's his lacking of intangibles. Which then leads you to the point of it only being his height at the end.. so his lacking of intangibles is his height. Lol which is it man?
The best comp you can make to a SUCCESSFUL player is Wilson. I don't see him being Wilson, I don't think they're actually comps. If you want to argue about height and it not mattering, Wilson's really the only guy in your arsenal. But the Terelle Pryors and Troy Smiths will tell you different. Height unfortunately does matter until someone is proven different.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The best comp you can make to a SUCCESSFUL player is Wilson. I don't see him being Wilson, I don't think they're actually comps. If you want to argue about height and it not mattering, Wilson's really the only guy in your arsenal. But the Terelle Pryors and Troy Smiths will tell you different. Height unfortunately does matter until someone is proven different.
Gotcha :raccoon:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I soured on Keim long ago. But I am beginning to sour on Bidwill. He allowed the Wilks McCoy fiasco to happen on his watch (under his guidance) and is screwing up the number one pick. The franchise is going to lose a lot of long time fans if this doesn’t work out
We have no clue what they are doing yet they are already "screwing up the pick"?

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
People are against Murray? No, a few people on THIS BOARD which represents like .00000001% of all Cardinals fans are against Murray. Pitchforks out? Lmao. Did you go to any games last year? You act like the stadium was jam packed with passionate Cards fans cheering Josh and the boys on. Arizona doesn't have enough fans that give a **** to get out pitchforks.

Here is something that all of the folks on here that are so radically against Murray need to face. The team last year was probably the WORST Cardinals team ever or at least in the Arizona era. So bad that they canned a first year head coach. If they feel that Murray gives them the best chance to win with their new head coach, Josh Rosen is irrelevant. Where he was picked last year is irrelevant. And any potential you think Rosen could have is irrelevant. If Murray is the guy they want, then freaking do it. Josh Rosen was picked to be the QBOF under Steve Wilks and Mike McCoy, not Kliff.

I am cool with either approach, but the most bizarre aspect of all of this is that Rosen did nothing last year, and wasn't even great in college. Feeling sorry for him because the line and WRs sucked last year won't win games moving forward. His ability to take a hit isn't even a real attribute.

Pitchforks.......nope.
When I look outside of asfn I find less Murray love than I find on asfn :shrug:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Disagree, and even if it did get boos who the hell cares. "Cardinals fans" , all like 2000 of them, thought Josh McCown was better than Warner. Go back and look at the posts on here. That was actually a thing, along with Marcel Shipp being a good running back and several other ridiculous Cardinals fan-like takes only found with this fan base. Any love for Rosen at this point, is about the same and would disappear the second Murray rips off a sick run.

What's funny is that other than fake attributes like grit, the ability to take a hit, and having a good SI interview for a video at the Grand Canyon, I never hear anyone who wants Rosen mention anything on the field. Newsflash: on the field is all that matters boys. That is why it doesn't matter what I think, or any fan. If they feel it's the right move to win games, they better draft Murray.
Again, not sure where you're gleaning information but there has been a lot about the talent if Rosen too, not just his important off field intangibles

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Just something for SK to think about, always a possibility Murray bombs or just decides to give up football for baseball. If Murray is drafted & fails, leaving for baseball will not concern SK one bit, him & KK will be out of a job lol. Rosen is the safest option imo. Whomever they pick with their 1st pick, I just want them to get it right, tired of the losing & being the laughing stock of the NFL.
Then we are both alike but I've watched the Cards since 74 so winning is the exception Not the Rule and I absolutely Do not Think Murray will survive or succeed in any Way. Well except to get whoever drafts him Fired

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Rosen needs excuses to justify starting him after his rookie season - he has plenty courtesy of Keim and Bidwill - I mean Bosa is the bpa - take hm like money in the bank - then take risks

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard