Josh McCown Reported Bears Starter 12/2011

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'll be rooting for him.
Why not.
He's always been a gym rat.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...at-starting-qb-job?module=HP11_headline_stack

One day after Bears coach Lovie Smith avoided definitively naming a starting quarterback for this weekend's game against the Green Bay Packers, ESPNChicago.com cited multiple sources in reporting Tuesday that Josh McCown will receive an opportunity to take the job from Caleb Hanie.

According to ESPNChicago.com, McCown might take over for the Christmas Day game, depending on how he looks in practice this week. McCown told the website he has "no idea" if he'll start against the Packers.

"I'm just gonna get myself ready like I've done every week, and then we'll see what happens," he said.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Joshy!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have him rated at 95/100 eLiTe status a tad ahead of breese and roggers because Joshy woshy can dunk a bball!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have him rated at 95/100 eLiTe status a tad ahead of breese and roggers because Joshy woshy can dunk a bball!

Feed the B's!!!!!!!!!!!!

As an aside it still amazes me that no matter who the Bears have at running back or what year it is or who is coaching they still can run the football and have problems at QB.

Forte goes out vs KC and the next two weeks with no QB the Bears run the ball for a combined 69 times and 291 yards.

Forest Gump's favorite team.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Isn't Chicago the one team that would beat us out in a multi team 9-7 tiebreaker? What if Josh McCown is the reason we don't make the playoffs?! Oh, sweet irony!!

(I don't think there's a chance in hell it actually happens)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel a little bad for him. There is no way the Packers are going to lose this week after being embarrassed in the KC game.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You know what this means, the Bears intramural basketball team will be good.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
That Smel

Something smels fishy, around here......
Yea I have Josh graded with a strong arm with great wheels for his size, pretty much like Skelton.
Josh has more fumbles and INTs than most, but has he ever had a good supporting cast? I never thought so, even when he beat out Warner for us,
He might now have a good D, but Barber is not enough at RB with these receivers.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Didn't that one pass against the Vikes drop us several draft spots and cause us to not be able to draft someone we should have that we wouldn't have anyhow?

Sorry for the Cardinal logic on that one.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Didn't that one pass against the Vikes drop us several draft spots and cause us to not be able to draft someone we should have that we wouldn't have anyhow?

Sorry for the Cardinal logic on that one.

That was being discussed in the bumped Fitzgerald thread. Green was taking Fitzgerald. #1 or #3 or #5 didn't matter. But if Larry weren't in the 2004 draft the Cards would have missed on someone they wouldn't have drafted anyway. That was still the pre UPS days when the Cards would draft guys too high so they could try and lowball them in negotiations by telling the player he really was a much later in the round value.

Last edited: