Jonah Williams Welcome To AZ

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Some comparisons between us and Bengals.

Attachments

• 1000016920.jpg
    1000016920.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 2

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Word is that we were his preferred landing spot. I'd suggest that's because he was assured a LT spot. He asked for a trade last year after being moved to RT and his best seasons have been at LT.

He did miss his whole rookie year BTW with a torn labrum and the 4 years on his stats includes his 5th year option.

I think it's good value. Jawaan Taylor got £20m per year last year and he's a much worse player. Taylor has been a constant turnstile and penalty magnet. £15m is very solid for a 4 year starter that's 26 with a bunch of upside.

This is well worth a read.

Last edited:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think because the Bengals O line has been consistently bad people forget what a prospect Williams was. He was a Freshman starter at tackle for Bama. Pretty much unheard of.

A lot of wide zone in here so fits the run scheme better.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
His point is the play on the field will be a wash instead of improved. Thought that was pretty obvious.
My POINT was that it didn't make any sense to me. I would have been happy to have a healthy DJ returning, but that wasn't meant to be. We are NOW in a position to have a decent OL, and one that is better than what our OL was last year. I base that on the unit having a year's experience playing together. And in the case of PJ and Fro, just having more experience. Can't understand why you think he can't respond, so that you have to step in. I guess that is pretty obvious, come to think about it.

Last year, our OL was described as a mess, and, imo, this year it's not.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Good move by Monti. He realized that despite it being a very good draft for tackles the good ones would likely be gone by #27 so he scooped up a serviceable young durable dude on a short term deal.
When your long-time LT gets hurt you have to turn lemons into lemonade.
And when you have depth issues like the Cardinals, availability is critical.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Gave up a quick sack against us. (5:45)

Some real bad snaps on this little tape.

Yeah this tape isn't real flattering. He looks okay in run blocking. But in pass pro he looks like a liability. He looks like a reacher. Has problems with speed. He looks more like a guard. He might be a great LG for us. But I doubt that was the plan.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think because the Bengals O line has been consistently bad people what a stood prospect Williams was. He was a Freshman starter at tackle for Bama. Pretty much unheard of.

A lot of wide zone in here so fits the run scheme better.

He looks much better on the left. His body looks different too vs the right tackle film. He looks slimmer. Which is more recent? The left tackle film or the right tackle film against us? I hope the left tackle film.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I like the signing of Williams as I feel he can be an adequate repaclement for Humphries and is much better than Beachum. However, I would like the Cards to add one of the quality OGs in the draft probably best to do it on Day 2. That still is a hole that needs to be filled. It would be good to have a young line to build on and stay together.

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
As has been stated, the signing gives us draft flexibility. The only "must have" need is for a #1 WR, which can be filled with #4 pick in the draft. Still have a strong need for CB, DT, Edge Rusher, and Guard.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
some interesting figures:

DJ was on the cap for ~$22mm for 2024 and 2025

after releasing him with a June 1 designation, DJs dead money on the cap becomes ~$7mm in each year

Williams signed a 2 year $30mm deal, or $15mm per year

the team effectively swapped out DJ for Williams at the same cap hit over the next two years ($15mm for Williams + $7mm for DJ)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My POINT was that it didn't make any sense to me. I would have been happy to have a healthy DJ returning, but that wasn't meant to be. We are NOW in a position to have a decent OL, and one that is better than what our OL was last year. I base that on the unit having a year's experience playing together. And in the case of PJ and Fro, just having more experience. Can't understand why you think he can't respond, so that you have to step in. I guess that is pretty obvious, come to think about it.

Last year, our OL was described as a mess, and, imo, this year it's not.
I thought you were trying to argue against his point and missed it. If you were trying to change the conversation I missed that. My bad.

And am I not allowed to enter a conversation between you two to help clarify? If so maybe you should take it to a private conversation.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard