John From Cincinnati (HBO)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So much for surprises. Thanks for nothing.

uh, what exactly did I ruin here? I didn't say anything about answers to any questions - just a heads up to people that this is the last show, something I would think people would want to know as opposed to people who watched Deadwood/Carnivale and watched those series finales, which everyone thought were actually season finales and then ended up pissed when they found out the show was cancelled.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Whoo hoo. The new character, the Chemist aka Erlemeyer, is none other than Howard Hesseman, Johnny Fever from " WKRP in Cincinnatti ".

Come on folks. Too coincidental to be a coincidence.

John from Cincinnati.

WKRP in Cincinnati.

lonnie! lonnie! lonnie!

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wally, if we were ever going to agree on anything, this would be it. Do we also agree on Mary Ann over Ginger?

These are the important issues, after all.

Ginger was nasty hot.
Loni Anderson looked like a stripper.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, if anyone had any notions this show was gonna get a second season, I think this episode made it pretty damn clear that this show is over.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
well, if anyone had any notions this show was gonna get a second season, I think this episode made it pretty damn clear that this show is over.

Hopefully we'll get our Deadwood movies after all. :thumbup:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am usually pretty good about figuring stuff out but can someone please explain to me what was going on this whole time and how last nights show answered all the questions?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am usually pretty good about figuring stuff out but can someone please explain to me what was going on this whole time and how last nights show answered all the questions?

nope.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
I think they changed the last episode to finish the series on a "we don't want it back" note... I want my 8 hours back... ;)

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am feeling the love here guys...thanks.

I went along thinking there was some purpose waiting to be revealed for why everyone seemed to talk like they had just awakened from a 3-day tequila binge. Turns out every script was run through a gibberish filter before final drafts were printed.

That parade ... I kept waiting for Fonzi to show up and ski-jump the shark.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm glad it's done, really nothing but a tease.

Now, please, please, give us more Deadwood.
Please?

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
Really just a strange show. I'll have to watch the first couple episodes I missed to see if I can find anything but this show was really out there in my opinion.

EDIT: One thing I did notice, whether intended or not, was that the stick figures are made up of zeros and ones, take it for that it's worth. Also, the stick figure can mean everything to one person and nothing to another, much like the symbol of the cross in Christianity.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really don't understand the negative viewpoints heaped on this show. It is entertainment and it sure entertained the Hell out of me. I don't think I watched one of the episodes where I didn't listen to every bit of dialogue with keen interest. The aspect of attempting to solve the constant riddles was one of the big grabs. Maybe I don't need the tightly wrapped up packages with cookie cutter plots and blatantly obvious scenarios to grab my interest. The connection of all of the characters and the interplay was a blast. This series was chock full of sidebar comments and great lines/drops and I will miss the fun of watching this cast of characters, but WTH, life goes on. Maybe the need for instant gratification and simplification undid this one in the ratings.

Milch seems to have a limited audience, but one that loves his style. I am looking forward to his next venture.

BTW, I found the secondary characters to be the most entertaining. Ramone, Freddy, Palaka and the rest of the Motel ensemble were a blast. The Coffee shop crew was coming on strong in the end. That was the best part of the episodes for me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I don't need the tightly wrapped up packages with cookie cutter plots and blatantly obvious scenarios to grab my interest.

yeah, that must be it - you've got a mind of superior intellect and the rest of the people on this thread that fell off the show are mindless sheep. Good lord, egomaniacal much Wally?

Milch is a FANTASTIC writer as evidenced by Deadwood, NYPD Blue and Hill Street amongst others, but he ain't infallible. Personally, I think this series was just a middle finger to the suits at HBO who gave up on Deadwood more than anything else. But what do I know? I'm just a guy who likes cookie cutter plots and blatantly obvious scenarios to grab my interest.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, that must be it - you've got a mind of superior intellect and the rest of the people on this thread that fell off the show are mindless sheep. Good lord, egomaniacal much Wally?

Milch is a FANTASTIC writer as evidenced by Deadwood, NYPD Blue and Hill Street amongst others, but he ain't infallible. Personally, I think this series was just a middle finger to the suits at HBO who gave up on Deadwood more than anything else. But what do I know? I'm just a guy who likes cookie cutter plots and blatantly obvious scenarios to grab my interest.

What crawled up your butt? There was no ego in my post. My post was about how I enjoyed the show. Jesus H. Christ, shame on me for trodding on your turf. Speaking of egos, you have offered up enough of your opinion on this show so that the rest of us can't be right or appreciate it with out pissing you off. Shame on me for getting some entertainment out of it and putting a positive spin on it. I have no idea how you can find my post anything but positive, unless you have some preconceived notion about me. I reread my post a few times and find nothing denigrating or insulting about it.

Last edited:

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
yeah, that must be it - you've got a mind of superior intellect and the rest of the people on this thread that fell off the show are mindless sheep.

That was basically the attitude directed at the folks who didn't like the final Sopranos.

Just in general, I'm not calling anyone out specifically. :D

PS- I liked John From Cincinnati, but I didn't really get the ending either.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard