Jalen Carter: Arrest Warrant & Implicated in Fatal UGA Car Accident

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Agree. He was racing. Stupid idiot. But what happened to Hollywood when he was speeding?
Carter is probably still going to be drafted very highly, we might even still draft him, but I have to stress how much worse this is than Hollywood's speeding. He was 100+ MPH on Barnett Shoals. I went to college at UGA, it's just a massive curve with the speed limit set at 35 mph in a partially residential area. Reports are that the cops have video and apparently they were weaving through traffic and driving in the wrong lanes jockeying for position. Carter and the crash victims had left a strip club together before the race, and the dead driver's blood alcohol content was .197. Given that he chose to flee, I think it's very likely that Carter was drunk too. This could have easily been a Henry Ruggs situation.

He was fully aware of what happened when it happened, it's not like he was winning the race by a ton. He was at the scene of the crash. Some of the first people on the scene were other teammates, the only reason they were there, Carter told them to go. Chandler Lecroy didn't die until she had reached the hospital, she was still alive when Carter fled. What if he could have done something to save her life? There were two other passengers in that car that survived, teammates of his, they might have needed help. He should have stayed. Carter left four people to die, including two teammates, just so he could preserve his draft status.

Last edited:

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Carter is probably still going to be drafted very highly, we might even still draft him, but I have to stress how much worse this is than Hollywood's speeding. He was 100+ MPH on Barnett Shoals. I went to college at UGA, it's just a massive curve with the speed limit set at 35 mph in a partially residential area. Reports are that the cops have video and apparently they were weaving through traffic and driving in the wrong lanes jockeying for position. Carter and the crash victims had left a strip club together before the race, and the dead driver's blood alcohol content was .197. Given that he chose to flee, I think it's very likely that Carter was drunk too. This could have easily been a Henry Ruggs situation.

He was fully aware of what happened when it happened, it's not like he was winning the race by a ton. He was at the scene of the crash. Some of the first people on the scene were other teammates, the only reason they were there, Carter told them to go. Chandler Lecroy didn't die until she had reached the hospital, she was still alive when Carter fled. What if he could have done something to save her life? There were other passengers in that car that survived, teammates of his, they might have needed help. He should have been there. He left four people to die, including two teammates, just so he could preserve his draft status.

I guess Todd McShay wasn’t wrong when he mentioned character concerns.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2 hours is not near enough time to sober up. Especially if you've been drinking all night.
EDIT: Just read the context for your post. Disregard. I'm still keeping this up for the links.

The best article on this situation is from Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Since it is behind a paywall here is another post detailing the contents.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quite a story here. Monti and Gannon have said that they want s certain type of player on the Cards team and that character is important. That certainly should leave out Carter. However, with the third pick they are still in a very good position. If Anderson is gone then most likely QB Stroud would be on the Board and lots of teams will trade up for him.
I don’t believe CJ Stroud is a QB that teams will trade into the top 10 for

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Oof. I hadn't seen this until just now. Just our luck. Really have to cross our fingers that QBs go top two now, otherwise... ugh.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
EDIT: Just read the context for your post. Disregard. I'm still keeping this up for the links.

The best article on this situation is from Atlanta Journal Constitution.

Since it is behind a paywall here is another post detailing the contents.

So from that article, it doesn't look like they were doing an official race, where they are next to each other and revving engine waiting for light to go green.

Looks like Carter started the idiocy by just peeling out.

Which then led to his compatriots in TWO other vehicles behaving like idiots to catch up to him.

After that it's anyone's guess, as Carter got behind the crash victims, as evidenced also by the power lines impacting Carter's jeep.

A jeep, love it or hate it, possible by the new NCAA rules (or whatever) allowing athletes to monetize themselves.

With a university employee and car, and I can see a massive lawsuit thrown at uga.

All those circumstances coming together, what a tragedy.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I also wonder what the exact car was that was weaving in and out. Likely Carter's, but with a third one in the mix, complicates things.

What a mess.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
So from that article, it doesn't look like they were doing an official race, where they are next to each other and revving engine waiting for light to go green.

Looks like Carter started the idiocy by just peeling out.

Which then led to his compatriots in TWO other vehicles behaving like idiots to catch up to him.

After that it's anyone's guess, as Carter got behind the crash victims, as evidenced also by the power lines impacting Carter's jeep.

A jeep, love it or hate it, possible by the new NCAA rules (or whatever) allowing athletes to monetize themselves.

Coupled that with university employee and car, and I can see a massive lawsuit thrown at uga.
I was trying to find NIL stuff on him and all I could find was that his potential NIL worth just just short of $1 million, but no deals had ever been made. I couldn't find anything where he had an actual NIL payment...so maybe he got his $ the old fashioned way...Boosters! lol

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I also wonder what the exact car was that was weaving in and out. Likely Carter's, but with a third one in the mix, complicates things.

What a mess.
I don't know about the 3rd car, but the girl was driving an Expedition...So a Jeep Trailhawk and and Expedition, weaving in and out of traffic and crossing the center into oncoming traffic...Not the most nimble of vehicles to be doing any of that in.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was trying to find NIL stuff on him and all I could find was that his potential NIL worth just just short of $1 million, but no deals had ever been made. I couldn't find anything where he had an actual NIL payment...so maybe he got his $ the old fashioned way...Boosters! lol
In the article it said he had some deal with a car dealership. But hey, it could be both. The dealership might be alumni/booster.
You must be registered for see images attach

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't know about the 3rd car, but the girl was driving an Expedition...So a Jeep Trailhawk and and Expedition, weaving in and out of traffic and crossing the center into oncoming traffic...Not the most nimble of vehicles to be doing any of that in.
Check that 2nd link hairzach posted. Not behind paywall. That dude got charged for racing at ANOTHER situation.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
We are dominating a team we are suppose to dominate

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can you imagine Carter's face listening to the combine 'player conduct' warning speech?

You know the one where they tell prospects about avoiding pitfalls and such.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK for me I'm out and he was my favorite player in the draft. If he got cited a few months ago for speeding and then did it again, even worse, I'm out.
I wouldn't say I'm out, but I wouldn't risk a top 3 pick on him anymore. Wow.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose