Jalen Carter: Arrest Warrant & Implicated in Fatal UGA Car Accident

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
You do know that the other driver was a 24-year-old female University of Georgia recruiting analyst and not another player, right?

You must be registered for see images attach

Two female staffers (the other is 26) were accompanying the players to a strip club hours after their national championship parade.

The two female staffers and UGA players leaving the strip club at 2:30 AM just before the crash which would kill two people and injured two others.

*Since there were two killed and two injured in the Expedition driven by Lecroy that means Carter must have had two passengers in his Jeep.

You must be registered for see images attach
Buddy can be a female :)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hope the injured victims are ok. Prayers to the woman's family who passed away

Offensive lineman Warren McClendon, who had just announced plans to enter the NFL draft, sustained minor injuries. Georgia football staffer Victoria Bowles was hospitalized with more serious injuries.

From what I've read Victoria was not wearing her seatbelt and got tossed around inside the vehicle which is why her injuries were worse.

McClendon was treated at the scene for minor injuries and released.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This will blow over before the draft. Much better for Carter that it came out now rather than in april.

this incident would not stop me from picking him at 3.

the news I brought up back in December, that he is kinda lazy and does not have passion for the game of football,...thats what gives me pause for drafting him at 3.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This will blow over before the draft. Much better for Carter that it came out now rather than in april.

this incident would not stop me from picking him at 3.

the news I brought up back in December, that he is kinda lazy and does not have passion for the game of football,...thats what gives me pause for drafting him at 3.
I think it stops the CARDINALS from picking him at #3. A new regime and a serious desire (lip service for sure) to stop being the same old dysfunctional org we've been for much of our existence is the X factor to me. No room to get this wrong over another possible Henry Ruggs situation.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think it stops the CARDINALS from picking him at #3. A new regime and a serious desire (lip service for sure) to stop being the same old dysfunctional org we've been for much of our existence is the X factor to me. No room to get this wrong over another possible Henry Ruggs situation.
Maybe. But this situation is nothing like the Ruggs incident. Ruggs got ********* and plowed into a woman at like 140 mph.
Carter, decided to have a quick street race with a friend... then said friend lost control of their vehicle which resulted in unfortunate loss of life. Nobody died who was not participating in the poor decisions.

Ruggs killed a womans dog... dude was just chillin, being a good boy, gettin a car ride with his person...and some drunk ass torpedoes him...

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There is no way Anderson is going #1 in my opinion. I think that Chicago can simply get too good of an offer to move down, probably still staying in the top 5 and getting a stud.

When Teams #2 and #4 both want a QB....I just dont see anyway the best move for the Bears is taking Anderson at #1. Either trade the pick for a haul....or trade Fields for a haul and draft a QB...but as good as Anderson is he can't make up for a cupboard full of picks for the next 2-3 years.

Yeah the Bears just have too many needs to just take one stud player.

Plus they traded their 2nd for Claypool so they need more picks.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
The Carter ? for me is what he did immediately following the crash. Did he leave the scene? Did he stay until police were through interviewing those involved? What and who was he thinking of and considering when it happened?

If he left the scene, thinking only of himself and not his fellow injured and dying teammate and passengers, that would be inexcusable to me. It would show no character at all and I wouldn't even want to know him, much less ever have him on a team of mine.

If he was impaired or knew the others had been drinking a lot and were impaired, and was racing with them, then that is criminal in some shape and manner, IMO.

Either way, McShay was on to something with his words of caution on this guy. Only a dummy like we used to have as GM would waste a top draft asset on someone who is untrustworthy and disloyal. (Unless, of course, you are looking for a drinking buddy.)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Carter ? for me is what he did immediately following the crash. Did he leave the scene? Did he stay until police were through interviewing those involved? What and who was he thinking of and considering when it happened?

If he left the scene, thinking only of himself and not his fellow injured and dying teammate and passengers, that would be inexcusable to me. It would show no character at all and I wouldn't even want to know him, much less ever have him on a team of mine.

If he was impaired or knew the others had been drinking a lot and were impaired, and was racing with them, then that is criminal in some shape and manner, IMO.

Either way, McShay was on to something with his words of caution on this guy. Only a dummy like we used to have as GM would waste a top draft asset on someone who is untrustworthy and disloyal. (Unless, of course, you are looking for a drinking buddy.)
Here is a quote I pulled:

According to reports, Carter initially told police that he was a mile away when the crash occurred and denied that he was racing. He also reportedly left the scene of the crash before emergency personnel arrived and then returned to the scene two hours later.

And another source:

Carter left the scene of the crash for more than an hour before returning to the scene and providing statements to police.

It would be pure speculation, of course, but leaving for 2 hours and then coming back, could be some sobering up time to not get a DUI on top of everything else. I'm actually shocked he hasn't been charged with anything other than racing and reckless driving, at this point. Maybe more will come out.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe if they were racing in the downtown area or just outside of it there is video footage of the vehicles because the OP's article says this:

“The evidence demonstrated that both vehicles switched between lanes, drove in the center turn lane, drove in opposite lanes of travel, overtook other motorists, and drove at high rates of speed, in an apparent attempt to outdistance each other,” police said.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not knowing him personally, the assumption would be that the entire group out celebrating at the strip club was drinking that night. Leaving for 2 hours just after a fatal wreck of your friends and teammates seems to add to that. Likely wanted to sober up and be more presentable. Maybe he knew he was going to drive so he drank less but why on earth would you leave and return later like that? Unless his buddies in his Jeep were really out of it and he dropped them off, waited for a bit to sober himself up even more, and then returned alone...? So many questions. Sounds like he'll avoid any serious charges because he never had blood taken or a breathalyzer administered. And his buddies won't rat on him even if he had been drinking. Legally that wouldn't even matter after the fact.

I would not draft him, and I don't think my team will either. Life has consequences and if this hurts his draft status or career - so be it. Beyond time for him to grow up as others have said in a position of life-changing wealth, etc. So stupid.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, if that star Alabama basketball player can deliver a gun for his friend to kill someone and not so much as get suspended for one game. Then this should be small potatoes in contrast. sarcasm (could get the emoji to work)

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Well, if that star Alabama basketball player can deliver a gun for his friend to kill someone and not so much as get suspended for one game. Then this should be small potatoes in contrast. sarcasm (could get the emoji to work)
Something tells me Saban would treat that kid differently than the basketball coach has chosen to do.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
You should watch the Aaron Hernandez doc on Netflix about his time at Florida with the Pouncey bros. $EC country is just different.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
He‘s very young, which can be shorthand for immature. If he admits to racing or others place him doing that, I’d say forget about round 1. He’ll be charged with lying to police, leaving the scene, racing & possibly vehicular manslaughter. No prior history, so likely sentenced to 3 years, serves 18 months. I’d guess someone takes him in round 4, not the Cards. I still believe QBs go 1, 2. If by some quirk they don’t and Anderson is gone, I definitely trade down. Likely Carolina is the high bidder. I’m not taking Wilson unless he’s there at the trade down slot. I’m torn if Anderson is there at 3. I’m probably taking him, but I could be overwhelmed with an offer. If somehow Carter skates I’m passing on him because of immaturity. Again taking Anderson or trading down if overwhelmed.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose