Jalen Carter: Arrest Warrant & Implicated in Fatal UGA Car Accident

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's an idiot, but I don't read anywhere specifically he was drinking. It could be the others. Good chance though he was.

Lots of unknowns.

Luckily, our brass have close to two months to learn more.

It may not even effect us, but as Cards fans, you know Anderson will go ahead of us.

Misdemeanor charge.

Clearly we'd have to dig deep on his character.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Knowing you have a once in a lifetime payday coming up, and you still are drunk driving through the streets and get someone killed? No thanks.
Ok....do we know he was drunk? Also, how did he get the others killed? That's a far stretch from lying to police about racing, IMO. He's still an idiot I wouldn't touch in the draft, though.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
While I'm not defending him in any way I will say that things like this are not necessarily character based concerns. Anyone can screw up and panic in moments like this.

I'd say that paying for his walk on teammates meals speaks more to his true character. That being said, his reaction to what happened was a huge error of judgement.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
While I'm not defending him in any way I will say that things like this are not necessarily character based concerns. Anyone can screw up and panic in moments like this.

I'd say that paying for his walk on teammates meals speaks more to his true character. That being said, his reaction to what happened was a huge error of judgement.
I think they both are character things...good and bad. What the lying to police tells me is he can't be trusted to tell the truth and take accountability, when confronted. He can still have a charitable heart...they are not mutually exclusive traits. Lots of very bad people in history have done nice things for people and their communities.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If misdemeanors, I’d take the chance. Structure contract so that he’d have to be a choir boy or lose every dime.
Except that you can't write contracts like that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they both are character things...good and bad. What the lying to police tells me is he can't be trusted to tell the truth and take accountability, when confronted. He can still have a charitable heart...they are not mutually exclusive traits. Lots of very bad people in history have done nice things for people and their communities.
While that sounds nice in theory, what does that say about the police when the are allowed to lie to people of interest/suspects in order to force confessions?

I am in no way excusing Jalen's behavior. His biggest issue was not letting a lawyer speak to the police on his behalf.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Quite a story here. Monti and Gannon have said that they want s certain type of player on the Cards team and that character is important. That certainly should leave out Carter. However, with the third pick they are still in a very good position. If Anderson is gone then most likely QB Stroud would be on the Board and lots of teams will trade up for him.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quite a story here. Monti and Gannon have said that they want s certain type of player on the Cards team and that character is important. That certainly should leave out Carter. However, with the third pick they are still in a very good position. If Anderson is gone then most likely QB Stroud would be on the Board and lots of teams will trade up for him.
It definitely makes the trade down option more appealing. Would still trade down to 6 or 7, pick up the 2 first rounder equivalent to do so, and then consider Carter anyway considering how bad this is.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
While that sounds nice in theory, what does that say about the police when the are allowed to lie to people of interest/suspects in order to force confessions?

I am in no way excusing Jalen's behavior. His biggest issue was not letting a lawyer speak to the police on his behalf.
Did the cops lie to him to get him to admit to it? None of us were there I have no clue. At this point I think we're starting to get off on tangents then aren't part of the issue at hand.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the cops lie to him to get him to admit to it? None of us were there I have no clue. At this point I think we're starting to get off on tangents then aren't part of the issue at hand.
Doubtful. Doesn't mean that I necessarily consider it a huge character flaw to lie to them.

IMO, he should have been doing what all people should do that can afford it... speak to the police via representation.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Leaving the scene, lying to the police after returning an hour and a half later indicates, to me, panic and clouded judgement under extreme circumstances. Probably enough to pass on him if I was making the decision for the Cardinals.

But, he will be a very rich man eventually. Worse have gone on to play and get paid.

Sad situation due to poor decision making all around. Two young lives gone. Very sad.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Doubtful. Doesn't mean that I necessarily consider it a huge character flaw to lie to them.

IMO, he should have been doing what all people should do that can afford it... speak to the police via representation.
It costs zero to keep your mouth shut and seek representation. He's had a good education in both high school and college....and IMO should have known better. Anyway....gonna wait to see how it all plays out. I'm kinda surprised that lying to cops was in the article, but he's only being charged with driving offenses. On the surface, that can be construed as preferential treatment.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It has nothing to do with afford - don't speak to cops period. NOTHING GOOD WILL COME FROM IT! If you can't afford it, you get representation anyway! Even if it's not top notch representation, they'll certainly be smart enough to prevent you from talking to the police.