It's official. Cards and K K are one Kliff Kingsbury Cards

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Like someone already said and I happen to agree. This is all about mentoring and bringing along Rosen as a legit franchise QB. This guy mentored Mahomes into being a pro. Its worth the shot Even if it turns out wrong. Now its time to make our wishes or pray to whatever god you see fit.. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But you were more convinced of Taylor's ability to "connect?"

yes... slightly more. It would have been a swing for the fences, but at least it would have been a slugger who's played in the league before... aka, someone who has NFL experience, at the highest level, for a great program that's actually had success. That would have followed the McVay blueprint and those are the factors that differentiate Taylor from Kingsbury for me.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry 5 days ago by Mr. Chip Kelly

BECOME A REDDITOR
You must be registered for see images attach

r/AZCardinals
•Posted by
u/MrChipKelly

5 days ago

You must be registered for see images attach

Insider intel on y'all's head coach hunt
You must be registered for see images

RUMOR
Hey guys, never posted in y'all's sub before but I figured I'd pass along some intel that I believe to be very, very reliable. As you can see from my flair I'm an Eagles fan so I don't have any bias here (although it'd be nice for Larry to stop dad-dicking us every time we play), I'm just reporting what I've heard for the sake of sharing information with fans who care. As you might be able to tell from my "y'all"s, I'm from Texas, and I have some family and friends working at one of the biggest sports agencies in the country and every time they've been able to tell me info, it's been right. Usually I know which Texas/OU/A&M/Baylor/TCU/etc. players are going pro a few weeks before other people.

So that said, I'll cut to the chase: multiple people have told me that Kilff Kingsbury has been offered the Cardinals HC gig. His interview went well, and it sounds like ownership is hell-bent on finding some offensive juice to command the team. The plan, apparently, is to give Kingsbury the ultimate reigns to the team but to basically open the checkbook completely on the DC hire.

I don't want to burn any of my friends or family who told me about this stuff, so you can take this info for whatever you like. I totally understand if it's too out there for most of y'all to believe, but if/when Kingsbury gets hired hopefully you'll have gotten some heads up. Good luck next year!

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
don't get me wrong... this COULD be a home-run and I'm excited about a big swing. I just have no idea if it's going to connect or not.
Do we really know how it was going to turn out with anybody we would have chosen? I don’t think anybody would have envisioned the way this season would have turned out...except for Vegas. They had our win total at 5 1/2.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
If we were going to take this swing, I would have gone with the Rams QB Coach Taylor.

college coaches who were very successful in college, but had zero NFL experience and flamed out spectactulary is pretty long.

Again, I wouldn't lean so heavily on the side of this could be a spectacular failure if Kingsbury was a wiz kid who actually succeeded in college, but in a conference where Baylor and even Texas Tech under Mike Leach could rise to prominence at least a couple times, his lack of success there gives me some major hee-bee-jee-bees.

At least Kliff has head coaching experience, whereas Taylor has zero.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Excited. Risky, but at 14.1 ppg and the way the rules and offensive schemes are going, we need to become offensively relevant and this hire has a chance to do that and more.

I don't mind the risk. There were no legitimate safe picks out there imo. Any other pick would be a huge risk as well. We're at rock bottom anyways. There is much more potential for a homerun then any other candidate.

We were decisive and likely got our first choice. With such a risk, I suspect Keim&MB will go all in with providing the resources via coaching/drafting/fa signing/waiver wire pickups that KK feels is necessary to implement his system and cover his backside.

That's the hope, and I have much more now for the future than I did a short while ago.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
yes... slightly more. It would have been a swing for the fences, but at least it would have been a slugger who's played in the league before... aka, someone who has NFL experience, at the highest level, for a great program that's actually had success. That would have followed the McVay blueprint and those are the factors that differentiate Taylor from Kingsbury for me.

Uh... I could be wrong, but, Taylor never got drafted by an NFL team and never played a down in the NFL. Klingsbury was at least a 6th round pick by the Pats in '03 and while very tiny, has some playing time in the NFL... as well as NFL Europe and the CFL.

Last edited:

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Excited. Risky, but at 14.1 ppg and the way the rules and offensive schemes are going, we need to become offensively relevant and this hire has a chance to do that and more.

I don't mind the risk. There were no legitimate safe picks out there imo. Any other pick would be a huge risk as well. We're at rock bottom anyways. There is much more potential for a homerun then any other candidate.

We were decisive and likely got our first choice. With such a risk, I suspect Keim&MB will go all in with providing the resources via coaching/drafting/fa signing/waiver wire pickups that KK feels is necessary to implement his system and cover his backside.

That's the hope, and I have much more now for the future than I did a short while ago.
+1

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. This is a risky move. No one can say the team doesn't have any cajones, that's for sure. I'm pretty excited, but in that scared kind of way like before picking up a blind date.
Not, I hope, in the same way Wilks turned out to be risky.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I find that hard to believe.

If it is true I hate this hire even more and Keim needs to go now!
Well you were very high on the Wilks hire.

https://www.arizonasportsfans.com/f...l-to-make-wilks-hc.258396/page-2#post-3642416

Of all of the coaches we interviewed, Wilks was the one who I was most interested in. I think this team needed a fresh start and a kick in the A$$. Wilks seemed like the guy to do it.

Right now I'm more interested in who he brings in to be his OC and DC.

Lets hope the opposite happens again.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
McVay better starting gettimg some royalty checks from this dude and from LaFluer

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I mean, Zac Taylor has all of 1 season as QBs coach and 1 season as an assistant WRs coach. As far as I know, the Rams haven't won anything in the last two years.

Although he was the OC for Head Coach Dan Campbell after Manly Dan threw Bill Lazor in the garbage can.

I dunno. You know who's excited about the Kingbury hire? All the moms up here in Scottsdale. The Chik-fil-a is positively abuzz.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I googled it and apparently from the links I'm not the only one who immediately wondered what his middle name was. Apparently it's Timothy after his dad.

Definitely a risk, sub 500 record at TT, no NFL coaching experience but he does have an interesting background, played for Mike Leach in college, tutored a couple of NFL QB's while
in college, friends with McVay, allegedly McVay offered to hire him after TT fired him.

Clearly the Cards knew they needed to get a coach who had some QB coaching experience so I like that but sure seems like a huge risk.

But we'll see, after last year I'm willing to take the chance.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'm not going to diss this because frankly I respect it.

However historically this has not worked out spectacularly I found only Barry Switzer as a coach that won the SB post salary cap and that's stretching it, he won two years after the cap started and I don't think real cap hell had struck the Cowboys yet, he had no prior NFL experience. Before that I believe JJ was the other one who won a SB while jumping straight from college to the NFL but that was in the pre salary cap era and largely doesn't count.

All the other coaches that won one from college were previously in the NFL as some form of coordinator or at least assistant or won prior to the salary cap starting or had some NFL coaching experience.

KK did play in the NFL or at least was in the NFL so he's got some idea of the talent level and X's and O's but history is not on our side.

So it's a very bold move and time will tell how it works out.

College has a lot more room for innovation because the defenders give much more space. He seems like a bright guy as long as he knows what he's in for and works his ass off he'll be fine.

Willie D

Veteran
Reaction score
Priorities: suck up to Larry, make sure Rosen's parents are happy, and find a DC who switches back to a 34 defense.

But, as Bon Scott once said,

"Fingers Freddy, Diamond Jim
They're getting ready
Look out I'm coming in.
So spin that wheel,
Cut that pack,
And roll them loaded dice,
Bring on the dancin' girls and put the Champagne on ice.
I'm goin' in...

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave