It's official. Cards and K K are one Kliff Kingsbury Cards

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
There's a lot of different reaction to just hire as opposed to last year when everybody was kind of indifferent

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Live in Texas now...already have folks blowing me up. A friend of mine who went to Baylor really likes KK. Said they were down to their 4th stringer when he got canned.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Seriously... out of ALL of the actual/legit options, it's hard to argue against this move. Especially if they back it up by bringing in a top DC.
The reality of this franchise if very clear: It's all about Rosen, period. Josh has to succeed. His failure is truly NOT an option. Klingsbury is the right man for that specific task.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously... out of ALL of the actual/legit options, it's hard to argue against this move.

it's really not hard to argue against the move. no NFL coaching experience. Mediocre at best college experience. College coaches for the most part don't translate well unless they've first had some kind of NFL experience at some point.

Especially if they back it up by bringing in a top DC.
The reality of this franchise if very clear: It's all about Rosen, period. Josh has to succeed. His failure is truly NOT an option. Klingsbury is the right man for that specific task.

this is true, but I still think it's REAL weird that a failed college coach skips over being an NFL OC who could do the same thing for Rosen and goes straight to the front of the line for a HC gig.

I lean much more on the side that this is failing upwards, ala Dirk Koetter, but will be fascinated to see how it turns out.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's like this. We felt a need to join the innovative college element in the NFL. There was no way we could get KK as our OC unless we gave him a title more significant. Basically, we hired a OC who many feel will be good with our young QB investment... now the staff hiring becomes huge to makeup for what he lacks or has less time for playing the title as 'head coach' :)