It's official. Cards and K K are one Kliff Kingsbury Cards

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Please for the love of God Coach Kingsbury do not look at Keim and Bidwill from the podium at your introductory press conference and say, “You guys made the right decision” or “you’ve got a winner in town” or make any references to “one heartbeat”

Is his offense built with bricks?

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I would’ve preferred Campbell, Taylor, or Gase.

They have NFL connections too. What kind of staff is KK going to hire?

OSU just let Bill Davis go yesterday:(

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
Deal is done.

Griping won't change it. We face a new season with a creative, aggressivee, offensive-minded HC and 10 draft picks.

A good time to get with the pgm and hope like hell that we're attaching ourselves to the tail of a winner.
I’m with the program 100% ,can’t wait to see how it go’s next season!!
2 thumbs up guys!!

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree this is very risky. I'm not sure that I like it.
I was posting about this last night, the Cards need to be able to sell the HC hire to the fans. IMO, it was going to be Kingsbury or Caldwell.

After what happened with Wilks there's no way they could hire another unproven assistant. The fans just wouldn't buy it.

Caldwell was a successful HC, for the most part, and would bring experience. Not sexy, but could be sold to the fans.

Kingsbury is that 'trendy NFL pick' and more importantly, he can easily be sold to the fans. Whether he's Sean McVay or Dirk Koetter 2.0 - the greatest example of falling up - only time will tell. But, it's the hire the Cards needed to make.

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very excited for what this can mean. High risk high reward. Glad that the Cards have taken the risk. Ian Rapoport was reporting on the network that Josh Rosen had input into the candidates. Hoping that this works out for us.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Reaction score
After last years embarrassing showing I'm in, all the hate for this hire even before 1 staff member has been hired is odd, be skeptical, concerned, leary fine but throwing in the towel already is an over reaction..cmon we're Cards fans dangit we can endure anything lol

Try being a Cub & Cardinal fan for many years. Nothing but misery until 2008 & 2016 even though we didn't win in 2008 at least we made it to the show. :)

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
KK was not even a known available candidate until very recently. If we can pull any name out of thin air from college to the NFL the list could go on forever.

As far as I can tell KK and Zac were the only ones with an official interview. If that's the case then talk about marrying the first girl you date. I have to believe there had to be at least one more interview just because of the Rooney rule but still. It just feels like another panic move and makes me feel like there wasn't a lot of interest from other more obvious choices if none of them even flew in to meet. If that is true it speaks to the challenges this org is facing beyond a new HC.

KK's name had surfaced weeks ago. The issue with him was that USC was reportedly preventing him from talking with NFL teams.

No matter who the Cards chose, there would be both supporters and detractors. Of all of the known candidates, I totally support this hire. Is it risky? Sure... but I honestly don't see any of the other potential candidates offering the potential for more certainty of success. So I'm totally down with rolling with Kingsbury!

Reaction score
This reeks of us looking over to the neighbors driveway and seeing the brand new Ferrari and rushing out to buy the first Italian sports car we can get our hands on.

Hard to sell me on the organization having any kind of actual vision based on the wild differences in the 3 HCs we have had in the last 18 months. It seems more like a let’s throw this against the wall and see if it sticks/if all else fails let’s just do what everybody else is doing type of approach.

Being Keim wanted McVay before everyone wanted the next McVay leads me to believe that Keim has done his research on both awhile back when he was expecting BA to retire in 2016. KK may have been on his radar then.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm excited about the hire! It's pretty much as opposite from Wilks as a hire can get. Sure, it could all go spectacularly wrong very easily, but we just fired a coach who lives 10 years in the past. Having a forward-thinking HC will be a welcome change. And if he can develop Rosen into a top-tier QB, he will be worth it, no matter what else happens.

As for the defense, there is no shortage of talent. Just need to stick with a scheme that fits well with the players' strengths. I'm not terribly worried about it, as of now.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
First, can we not with the double question marks as if I'm acting like a crazy person. We can discuss this without flying off the handle, can't we?
Why?? :p

Second... as to why Taylor, he would have been a home-run or strikeout swing as well, but in taking that shot, I value his NFL experience. I value a young coaching mind having been part of success in the NFL. I also value a guy who has watched McVay for a couple seasons succeed at the NFL level. And last, because he's the one who's been tasked specifically with working with Goff. Yes, McVay is there and I'm sure he had a big hand there, but he was also the head coach who has a billion different jobs as well so it's my opinion that Taylor at least had SOMETHING to do with making Goff a Pro-Bowler after one of the most woeful rookie seasons ever.

So, in sum up, NFL experience with a great program, young offensive mind and one more thing... he knows the ins and outs of the best team in the division.

Kingsbury doesn't bring NFL experience or success building a winning program. That scares the bejeezus out of me.

I am no more scared about Kingsbury than I would've been had they hired Gase, or Taylor, or whoever else was seen as a potential viable candidate...
As Rosen goes so goes the Cards. Kingsbury, to me and apparently to Mike B and Keim, presents the best chance to get Rosen to the next level. I'm totally cool with that!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
This reeks of us looking over to the neighbors driveway and seeing the brand new Ferrari and rushing out to buy the first Italian sports car we can get our hands on.

Hard to sell me on the organization having any kind of actual vision based on the wild differences in the 3 HCs we have had in the last 18 months. It seems more like a let’s throw this against the wall and see if it sticks/if all else fails let’s just do what everybody else is doing type of approach.

I think the drafting of Rosen changed whatever vision may have been in place D.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why?? :p

I am no more scared about Kingsbury than I would've been had they hired Gase, or Taylor, or whoever else was seen as a potential viable candidate...
As Rosen goes so goes the Cards. Kingsbury, to me and apparently to Mike B and Keim, presents the best chance to get Rosen to the next level. I'm totally cool with that!

don't get me wrong... this COULD be a home-run and I'm excited about a big swing. I just have no idea if it's going to connect or not.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very excited for what this can mean. High risk high reward. Glad that the Cards have taken the risk. Ian Rapoport was reporting on the network that Josh Rosen had input into the candidates. Hoping that this works out for us.

I find that hard to believe.

If it is true I hate this hire even more and Keim needs to go now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave