Isaiah Thomas will sign a 10-day contract with the Suns

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Danny Manning flashback. Come give use hope and break down. But I love the swing for the fences, something the old owners would never do

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Danny Manning flashback. Come give use hope and break down. But I love the swing for the fences, something the old owners would never do
The KD trade was swinging for the fences. Signing a broken down 35 year old, tiny, atrocious defensive, shoot first PG for a ten day contract with 14 games left in the entire season is grasping at straws.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The KD trade was swinging for the fences. Signing a broken down 35 year old, tiny, atrocious defensive, shoot first PG is gasping at straws.
I said it before but if this doesn't verify the Suns desperation at this point, not sure what does. You don't sign him unless you intend on using him or it doesn't make sense. They are in essence acknowledging the thought that we don't need a PG or we have enough ball handling has been a disaster from a turnover perspective.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I said it before but if this doesn't verify the Suns desperation at this point, not sure what does. You don't sign him unless you intend on using him or it doesn't make sense. They are in essence acknowledging the thought that we don't need a PG or we have enough ball handling has been a disaster from a turnover perspective.
I think our dilemma was whether to pursure championship level talent or to build a team with every position covered. We went for talent and ignored positional needs. Obviously they belived that with three facilitators (Booker, Beal, KD) on the court at the same time we didn't need a traditional PG. And maybe we'd all feel that way if Beal and Booker had stayed healthy but as it is, we've suffered from a lack of on-court leadership.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We have an open spot, we have deficiencies, we're trying to fill that void with what's available. This particular deficiency is self inflicted, we got rid of Payne for nothing. But i do consider this insurance as well as we try to head into the playoffs. We are just so top heavy that we couldn't fill every position of need.

clyde2tw

Veteran
Reaction score
I think our dilemma was whether to pursure championship level talent or to build a team with every position covered. We went for talent and ignored positional needs. Obviously they belived that with three facilitators (Booker, Beal, KD) on the court at the same time we didn't need a traditional PG. And maybe we'd all feel that way if Beal and Booker had stayed healthy but as it is, we've suffered from a lack of on-court leadership.
Our main problem is still not a PG, but that we never consistently played defense, nor developed enough offensive game plans to maintain efficiency in face of tight physical and frequent quick double teaming defense against KD and to a lesser degree Book. And our role players are at best streaky 3pt shooters except for Allen. IT may help our there with his 3pt shooting and playmaking skill.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Isaiah Thomas officially signs 10-day contract.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
IT says he is ready to go.

He wants to play five more seasons.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Duane Rankin corrects the above to a few more years in the NBA.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Man, sucks that Thomas got screwed over by Boston after that run a few years back. Good to see he's still got a smile on his face though.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Man, sucks that Thomas got screwed over by Boston after that run a few years back. Good to see he's still got a smile on his face though.

Idk if screwed is the right word. There was no way they were giving him a huge deal after getting hurt.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
it's like we're trying to manufacture positivity - first wainwright now thomas - we've been missing it all season - I get it but idk if we can just import it - with time comes chemistry - going through the struggles together - you've been busting your ass all season long dealing with the ups and downs and your head coach's rotations that could technically define the word insanity with it's same thing over and over again even if it doesn't work philosophy - and now you got some newbie smiling in your grill trying to inspire you

damn - yeah - this has turned into a rant and we won last night - so whatever it is i got it too - and ive been the positive guy on the team irl lol - s**t is real