Isaiah Simmons is Invisible

MA Display

Reaction score
If Jalen Thompson wasn't playing so well, I would be imploring the team to move Isaiah to Strong Safety - because he is making absolutely 0 plays at ILB.

Does anyone else sense that he's consistently a step or two behind the play?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone with sense knows Wirfs should’ve been the pick.

He’s part of the reason the run D is so bad. He constantly overruns plays & is getting by with athleticism.
He's not as much of a need, but you gotta include Lamb as well. We would have two #1 wrs locked up for 5 years.

However, yes Wirfs was the pick. We make the playoffs last year with him. Our running game and pass protection increase by a lot.

Im just holding out hope Simmons has a Devin White like explosion in the playoffs.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's not as much of a need, but you gotta include Lamb as well. We would have two #1 wrs locked up for 5 years.

However, yes Wirfs was the pick. We make the playoffs last year with him. Our running game and pass protection increase by a lot.

Im just holding out hope Simmons has a Devin White like explosion in the playoffs.

I think he’d need a Bowles-esque DC to get that out of him.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Thing with Lamb is that he’s not a #1 WR, or at least hasn’t proven to be yet. You better be a #1 drafted in the top 8, but yea, he would’ve been a better pick than Isaiah.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thing with Lamb is that he’s not a #1 WR, or at least hasn’t proven to be yet. You better be a #1 drafted in the top 8, but yea, he would’ve been a better pick than Isaiah.
I think its more of a Dak issue. I also was for trading down as well in regards to him.

Either way for a team with Super Bowl aspirations we really needed at least one of our last two 1st round picks to be a star. (today)

So close to Wirfs or Lamb. And this year so close to Slater or Parsons.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yes he does overrun plays but he also comes out of nowhere & makes tackles. One thing I noticed tonight is how he should be used more. Blitzing through the A gap. Brent Venables used him like that at Clemson quite often because of his speed & sometimes on delayed blitzes. He wrecked havoc on passing plays like that. Yes that was college but you can't coach speed. He blitzed tonight through the A gap on a delay & got a sack. Maybe the problem is VJ running too complicated of a system & not using him right?

reebokalone2001

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think its more of a Dak issue. I also was for trading down as well in regards to him.

Either way for a team with Super Bowl aspirations we really needed at least one of our last two 1st round picks to be a star. (today)

So close to Wirfs or Lamb. And this year so close to Slater or Parsons.

Darn it, I thought the light has finally shone into Keim's draft...... How could someone just be so bad at his job so consistently for so long? Does that make him incompetent? Does that make whoever places him at the position even more incompetent? Which has been more frustrated for long-time card fans, Keim's draft or KK's decision-making?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We need a DC who can use the tools we have! Our scheme sucks ass and having Hicks slow ass chasing wide open receivers across the field is never gonna be a recipe for success! If your genius plan on D is to let Stafford stand back there all night with little to no pressure then it worked perfectly!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Darn it, I thought the light has finally shone into Keim's draft...... How could someone just be so bad at his job so consistently for so long? Does that make him incompetent? Does that make whoever places him at the position even more incompetent? Which has been more frustrated for long-time card fans, Keim's draft or KK's decision-making?
I think the Simmons pick was just a Keim dream toy that he couldnt pass up. No matter the fit and no matter if an offensive player helps Kliff and Kyler. Again its possible by year 3 that Simmons is a stud. It just hurts to not have a better player this year.

The Collins pick is just bad luck that he's not ready. I really believe Parsons might have slipped to us if the Panthers had drafted Slater. Cowboys wanted a corner.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We need a DC who can use the tools we have! Our scheme sucks ass and having Hicks slow ass chasing wide open receivers across the field is never gonna be a recipe for success! If your genius plan on D is to let Stafford stand back there all night with little to no pressure then it worked perfectly!
Said yesterday that I could see Brady just torching Hicks over and over again.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can add a few more tonight. Jones has been MIA in all but 2 games for me.

He didn't have a great game last night but he had a sack and that hit on Stafford as he was throwing could easily have been a pick as long as the ball was in the air. The guy who frustrated me last night was Golden he was going up against a backup and did nothing.

On Simmons, on the big 3rd down completion to Kupp that extended a drive we eventually held them on, Simmons blitzed up the middle on 3rd down, Michel stepped up hooked his arm and spun him. It was so blatant I could not believe they didn't call it. But I do agree he's not making enough plays at ILB. He makes plays yes but he's got to get better against the run