Is the Stress of a Bad Season Getting to Board Members

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, hosting in AZ. It's basically a perk for the owner. If the NFL thinks ownership in AZ is an issue, could they pull future SB Hosting consideration away? Washington and Snyder could have built the Taj Mahal of stadiums and would be hard pressed to get into the Super Bowl rotation.
I get that, but I am not sure why future SBs would be in jeopardy?

In fact, with the NFL memo warning teams about 800M spent on executives that have been fired in the past 5 years, the NFL preferred stance might be for the Cards to keep Kliff, not fire him.

Absolute Zero

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think this can be said of most of the forums here at ASFN, lots of stress and vitriol. If you have a high stress job like me, you really have to be picky about where you hang out and to what extent you chose to engage.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Not easy. I don't have a problem with them losing games if they are entertaining as they were when BA was the coach but the last two seasons under KK have been really bad after the great start in 2021.
2021 was a mirage, an outlier, Kingsbury had one of those his first year at TT. Won his first 7 only to lose the next 5 and then win a bowl game. What's funny is his second year there was pretty much like 2022.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2021 was a mirage, an outlier, Kingsbury had one of those his first year at TT. Won his first 7 only to lose the next 5 and then win a bowl game. What's funny is his second year there was pretty much like 2022.
Eh, 2020 was close to 2021. Still hampered by numerous injuries both years as well as falling apart. This year was ravaged by injuries, other than a general mess.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Eh, 2020 was close to 2021. Still hampered by numerous injuries both years as well as falling apart. This year was ravaged by injuries, other than a general mess.
Yet Sean Payton never has a worse record than 7-9. Luck must all go his way!

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yet Sean Payton never has a worse record than 7-9. Luck must all go his way!
Not sure what this means comment in relation to mine. It was stated that 2021 was an outlier when 2020 was a very similar season with similar happenings and similar trajectory, as in not an outlier at all.

Not saying KK is a great or good coach, as I've stated many times. But injuries are real and we have been unlucky with them. In addition to no depth at all (and I still will blame Keim in general moreso). But can't do much when your QB goes down/plays injured, like Rodgers a couple years, etc. Only really outlier there is Nick Foles fairy tale.

Bill B. absolutely sucked in Cleveland. Look at McVay, no would ever think he would have this bad of a season. S**t happens. Look at Miami, injuries out the wazoo. It happens enough. Harder to win in historically bad franchises.

And yes, I want Payton (been vocal about that too). He has turned around a losing franchise as well.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
About a decade ago I realized it is ridiculous to get so upset about stuff said on message board. Two rules.

1. Let it go --- Nothing that happens here will matter after you are gone.

2. Don't take it personal --- however another person reacts, that is about them not you. They would be the exact same way.with another poster in your place.

Obviously, I am on this board every day, almost, usually multiple times a day. I have friends here and it's where mainly get my info about Cards and the world. I don't do Twitter or Facebook. Once in a while I still blow it on 1 and 2. But I usually delete my post ASAP or don't hit "post" in the first place.

This is all supposed to be fun and it is.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
About a decade ago I realized it is ridiculous to get so upset about stuff said on message board. Two rules.

1. Let it go --- Nothing that happens here will matter after you are gone.

2. Don't take it personal --- however another person reacts, that is about them not you. They would be the exact same way.with another poster in your place.

Obviously, I am on this board every day, almost, usually multiple times a day. I have friends here and it's where mainly get my info about Cards and the world. I don't do Twitter or Facebook. Once in a while I still blow it on 1 and 2. But I usually delete my post ASAP or don't hit "post" in the first place.

This is all supposed to be fun and it is.
I’m not upset, I’m disappointed. Personal attacks accomplish little. There’s good insight on this board at times that gets buried by attacks that have nothing to do with the content of the initial post.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score

Don't forget the Feats of strength​

The "feats of strength" are the final tradition observed in the celebration of Festivus, celebrated immediately following the Festivus dinner. The head of the household selects one person at the Festivus celebration and challenges them to a wrestling match. Tradition states Festivus is not over until the head of the household has been pinned.

I guess the head of the house would be a Mod lol.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i suggest a belated ASFN 24 hour festivus --

we can air our grievences and then just be done with it

Lol. That thread would instantly be both epic and perhaps the end of ASFN as we know it.

An ASFN Purge event. LOL

it would be a safe space, so to speak

air your issues, but then thats it for the year

violate festivus, get banned for X days
Maybe next Festivus, we'll do this.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My antennae were out for negativism down the homestretch. Didn’t see anything out of the ordinary save for vitriol aimed at players, coaches and FO execs.

It is what it is. Though sometimes, it sounds like losers baying at the moon and must send a bummer message to and from team and fans.

C’est la vie.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Maybe next Festivus, we'll do this.
maybe our own version

Card-stivus or something

during the NFL dead period between the last OTA and the beginning of training camp

clears the air prior to the start of the new year

my approach would be to complain about things people do rather than attacking specific people, although admittedly that could get into subtweet territory

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson