Is the Stress of a Bad Season Getting to Board Members

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish I was simply stressed, it is more like depression turning into apathy. The Falcons game produced little stress and allowed resignation and acceptance that this team sucks. In the past I would at least get excited about our ever improving draft position but I'm sure we will screw the pooch anyway.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I feel like I've been treated nicer than I have in years, haha.

I'm optimistic that there's going to be some change, at least at GM, hopefully HC, and hopefully we get solid options. Unless it's a huge disappointment, I'll try to approach it glass half full.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
There seems to be an excessive amount of vitriol on the board lately. Can we try to remember we’re all Cards fans who are entitled to opinions? That’s part of the fun of being fans and participating on this board. We’re also all human, so we make errors as I have done too often. It’s okay to point out errors, let’s just not do it in a mean spirited way. It never helps anyone to prove a point. I may be guilty myself, so I’m going to try to just focus on my opinion without being aggressively critical of yours. There is no need to hold back on expressing your opinions even if their contrary to those of others. That’s what discussions are all about. Let’s just try to have fun but not at the expense of others. I‘ve been on this board and it’s predecessors for many years (I know some think too many). That said, I’ve seen too many people leave the board because it just wasn’t fun for them anymore. I think the diversity of opinion adds to the amusement of the board. Let’s make it an all play.
Many thanks Harry. Things have been rough for over a year now and, yes, I believe it has put a lot of us on edge. I try to be mindful of this whenever I post or one of my posts seems to rattle another member.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Apathy. Thats the answer. Health is too shaky to drink or get high. So just stop caring.
It is much cheaper and I have found there are some great shows from other countries on Netflix. This season I watched a Korean show during the games,... Alchemy of Souls... season 1 was awesome. Started season 2, but decided to wait because they have not done the english dubbing yet. Way too much dialogue to read on my phone screen. You guys should check that show out.
The only Cardinals dollars I have spent all season was 24 bucks for a jersey for my hound. But hell, I had to get her something for Christmas and bones are so temporary.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
There is very little to be optimistic about the Cards this season. Agree that we should not attack others giving their opinions. We are all waiting for Black Monday and major changes at GM & HC. If that hopefully happens we can all start looking forward to free agency and the draft.
Hey, we are just trying to emulate with words how to block and tackle, hoping the players take notice :)

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't forget Vance
2 of the 3 have to go. I so tired of this JV defense. We have some good players on that side but surrounded them with scrubs.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Absolutely.

And I think some of what you are saying might happen, will happen.

I'd put it at 70/30 Kliff is retained. IF what we are hearing through RUMINT is true on Keim, I'd say 90/10 that he's not coming back, but we will see his understudies (Harris and Wilson) assume the roles that Keim did without a permanent GM in the short term.

Once FA starts, we'll see Allen and Murphy leave. The Cardinals will tout Wilson's development and the belief that Cam Thomas can do a lot of what Allen does.
Like I said, nuclear.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You think the stress is bad now, can you imagine the meltdown if nothing is done after the season and KK and SK are still here?? Lol
I really feel if that is the case many will quit supporting the Cards. I have season tickets and have no interest in watching them play. I've given my tickets away for several games (to Cards fans). I'm really considering just dropping them after 25 years.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I really feel if that is the case many will quit supporting the Cards. I have season tickets and have no interest in watching them play. I've given my tickets away for several games (to Cards fans). I'm really considering just dropping them after 25 years.
I cannot imagine paying for season tickets for this team.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I'm really considering just dropping them after 25 years.
i would be shocked if Mike B isnt highly sensitive to this dynamic as he evaluates if he needs to make a change

local revenues that the team (mostly) gets to keep for themselves are the difference between making some money and "buy your own team plane" money

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if there is a way to set a limit on the amount of posts someone can have per thread per day.

When threads last hundreds of pages and it’s the same posters saying the same things over and over it starts to get under people’s skin.

Especially when other posters views on the subject get missed because you have to scroll through so much of the same posts. There are other good and interesting viewpoints on here but I wouldn’t know because I don’t have all day to read every post.

It’s like all of us are at a town hall and 4 people dominate every topic. I think that’s what drives people away from the board. I don’t care if someone says something nasty or dismissive to me, just stop boring me to tears with pages and pages of the same opinion expressed in 8 thousand posts.
There are ways, but it will never happen besides looking for spam/bots.

We do have an ignore feature that can be used.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
i would be shocked if Mike B isnt highly sensitive to this dynamic as he evaluates if he needs to make a change

local revenues that the team (mostly) gets to keep for themselves are the difference between making some money and "buy your own team plane" money
You have to wonder, too, if it could put future Super Bowls in jeopardy because the league doesn't think Mike deserves it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to wonder, too, if it could put future Super Bowls in jeopardy because the league doesn't think Mike deserves it.
I'm not sure I follow.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm not sure I follow.
Sorry, hosting in AZ. It's basically a perk for the owner. If the NFL thinks ownership in AZ is an issue, could they pull future SB Hosting consideration away? Washington and Snyder could have built the Taj Mahal of stadiums and would be hard pressed to get into the Super Bowl rotation.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, hosting in AZ. It's basically a perk for the owner. If the NFL thinks ownership in AZ is an issue, could they pull future SB Hosting consideration away? Washington and Snyder could have built the Taj Mahal of stadiums and would be hard pressed to get into the Super Bowl rotation.
But unlike Snyder, Bidwill is a team player, and doesn't embarrass the NFL off the field.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I think they’d be more concerned with a known trainwreck of a human being causing the league a black eye. Keim has been fortunate enough to be in a market that’s kinda out of media spotlight or else he’d have been canned years ago likely before the DUI.