Ipod's!!

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Just for my own knowledge, what format do you have to convert it do? I thought Apple's proprietary software was quicktime (.MOV) Do the IPODs take a different format?
yeah it's quicktime.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What iPod accessories does everyone have?

I am going to get the iTrip FM tuner thingy, a battery charger thingy, and definitely a case to protect my iPod. Just curious if anyone else has any other accessory they have that they want to discuss.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am starting to feel like 100% and his vacation thread!

I got an agent 18 protector, and an FM tuner from Kensington. I havent got the protector yet, but the FM tuner works great, and it charges my iPod at the same time.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Sis bought me a Nano Ipod for christmas with "The Truth Is Out There" engraved in it. Haven't had time to buy anything for it yet, but I love it. It's awesome. :thumbup: Headphones suck ass though. :mad:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirStefan32 said:
Sis bought me a Nano Ipod for christmas with "The Truth Is Out There" engraved in it. Haven't had time to buy anything for it yet, but I love it. It's awesome. :thumbup: Headphones suck ass though. :mad:

That's cool that you got a nano. And even COOLER with that engraving! Wow!

I thought I was going to hate the headphones, since I don't like the ones that go in your ears, but surprisingly, I like the iPod ones - very clear and they dont bother my ears like the other ones do.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wish I had the money for such frivalous purchases :mad:

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Any opinions on the Creative Zen Vision:M?

:?:

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
New to the IPOD thing so this may have been posted before. Itunes doesn't have a single AC/DC song available! WTF!

Can I buy from another source and load these songs or am I screwed to Itunes?

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
New to the IPOD thing so this may have been posted before. Itunes doesn't have a single AC/DC song available! WTF!

AC/DC, Radiohead, The Beatles, Led Zeppelin, and a few others are not available through any online store. You have to either rip from CDs or download using p2p.

Last edited:

BIGTONY

Registered
Reaction score
Nm I Use Bear Share.then I Use Itunes As My Primary Media.then Under (i Think Under The Bearshare Options It Will Download All The Songs Into The Itunes Folder)..so Every Time I Plug My Ipod Into My Computer(usb Cord)it Will Transfer The Songs From Computer To Ipod.let Me Know How It Worked..

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:

Download them from Kazza, BearShare, WinMX, or a similar program and then go to I-Tunes and import them. You'll need the latest version of Windows Media Player in order to tranform them to mp3 format. Or if you have CDs, just rip them.

Stefan

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BIGTONY said:
Nm I Use Bear Share.then I Use Itunes As My Primary Media.then Under (i Think Under The Bearshare Options It Will Download All The Songs Into The Itunes Folder)..so Every Time I Plug My Ipod Into My Computer(usb Cord)it Will Transfer The Songs From Computer To Ipod.let Me Know How It Worked..
I don't know why you're talking to me, I'm not having any problems. Personally, your strategy wouldn't work for me because I am so neurotic about having uniform id3 tags and filenames that I have to rename/retag everything before it ever goes on my ipod. Not to mention the fact that I have about 13x as much music as I can fit on my nano so syncing is not so easy.

Last edited:

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
I don't know why you're talking to me, I'm not having any problems. Personally, your strategy wouldn't work for me because I am so neurotic about having uniform id3 tags and filenames that I have to rename/retag everything before it ever goes on my ipod. Not to mention the fact that I have about 13x as much music as I can fit on my nano so syncing is not so easy.

LOL

i re-name everything too... i dont knowwhat an id3 tag is, but the filenames and info and stuff, that's what i always change so it's right.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
LOL

i re-name everything too... i dont knowwhat an id3 tag is, but the filenames and info and stuff, that's what i always change so it's right.
You're right, id3 tags contain info and stuff. It's annoying if they're not standarized because then you'll have multiple artist listings for the same artist. You can also embed tiny pictures (album covers) that display on your ipod when you're playing that song.

If you have a lot of files that you need to rename, I really love the program TagScanner. You can rename based on the tags or set the tags based on the file name.

With so many people with ipods here maybe we should have an mp3 exchange.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
nm132 said:
If you have a lot of files that you need to rename, I really love the program TagScanner. You can rename based on the tags or set the tags based on the file name.

With so many people with ipods here maybe we should have an mp3 exchange.

Thanks for that link - I will have to check it out.

As for your last sentence, I fully agree and would definitely be interested. (I have lots of music that isn't Hanson related heh :D )

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
The wife gave me an Ipod nano for my b'day. It's the 2GB version. I'm not much into tech gadgets. I don't even listen to music, but this seems to be pretty cool.

anywho....How do I play the songs over my truck's system? I have a 1999 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner with factory stereo.

:shrug:

It looks like I have to buy a $$$ conversion kit or something :|

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
The wife gave me an Ipod nano for my b'day. It's the 2GB version. I'm not much into tech gadgets. I don't even listen to music, but this seems to be pretty cool.

anywho....How do I play the songs over my truck's system? I have a 1999 Toyota Tacoma PreRunner with factory stereo.

:shrug:

It looks like I have to buy a $$$ conversion kit or something :|

MD, I bought this at Fry's Electronics. I love it. I drove all the way to Milwaukee from Phoenix, and never once did I have a problem.

Although, I have a 60gig iPod and you have a nano - But according to the apple.com website, it's combatible. It also charges your iPod at the same time.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
thirty-two said:
MD, I bought this at Fry's Electronics. I love it. I drove all the way to Milwaukee from Phoenix, and never once did I have a problem.

Although, I have a 60gig iPod and you have a nano - But according to the apple.com website, it's combatible. It also charges your iPod at the same time.

Your link timed out but was it the FM transmitter? We got one of those and it works real well.

Beaver

Maximum Effort
Reaction score
What brand of transmitter do you guys have? I bought a Belkin Tunecast? and it sucks! I'm probably going with the iTrip next.

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
(I'm getting deja vu posting this, I searched and couldn't find that I had posted this exact same thing before, but I swear I have! LOL!)

We have an iPod mini and originally got the Griffin iTrip FM Transmitter. We broke two of them, returned each one. Piece of crap, IMO. The plastic would break where it was connected to the iPod.

You must be registered for see images

I then went to the Macromedia store and asked them which FM transmitter they had the best luck with and they pointed me to the XtremeMac Airplay. I bought it and have been using it A LOT since then. That was roughly 4 months ago. It still works GREAT, not a complaint about it!!!!!

You must be registered for see images

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn