Inject positive Cards media into my veins

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

a good read with lots of all -22 looks to supplement the analysis

and its a good rebuke to the "K1's heroics are making a mediocre scheme work" hot takes-

a quote on K1's deep passing success:

"The Cardinals are currently fourth in the rate of explosive pass plays — an element of the offense that wasn’t present over the previous two seasons. Arizona ranked 22nd in 2018 and 23rd in 2020. Murray has been able to connect on so many of these deep passes because they’ve been set up so well and most of them are open."
There's some shocking info in that article:

"The Cardinals have almost completely eliminated them (go routes) from the offense. Per SIS charting, Arizona receivers have only run 12 go routes total through six weeks, easily the lowest figure in the league. That’s a fairly significant change for the Kingsbury offense that tied for the second-most go routes run in 2019 (269) and was closer to league average (19th) last season. So not only is Arizona no longer targeting go routes, the offense isn’t even running them to clear out space for underneath routes. Even when those routes are used on deep-developing plays, they’re not the feature. Instead, the Cardinals are using better concepts and route combinations to open things up down the field."

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

a good read with lots of all -22 looks to supplement the analysis

and its a good rebuke to the "K1's heroics are making a mediocre scheme work" hot takes-

a quote on K1's deep passing success:

"The Cardinals are currently fourth in the rate of explosive pass plays — an element of the offense that wasn’t present over the previous two seasons. Arizona ranked 22nd in 2018 and 23rd in 2020. Murray has been able to connect on so many of these deep passes because they’ve been set up so well and most of them are open."
Fantastic article, thanks for sharing.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's some shocking info in that article:

"The Cardinals have almost completely eliminated them (go routes) from the offense. Per SIS charting, Arizona receivers have only run 12 go routes total through six weeks, easily the lowest figure in the league. That’s a fairly significant change for the Kingsbury offense that tied for the second-most go routes run in 2019 (269) and was closer to league average (19th) last season. So not only is Arizona no longer targeting go routes, the offense isn’t even running them to clear out space for underneath routes. Even when those routes are used on deep-developing plays, they’re not the feature. Instead, the Cardinals are using better concepts and route combinations to open things up down the field."
Yea so its basically Kliff got better (changed things) and Kyler really worked to improve his midrange passing.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Yea so its basically Kliff got better (changed things) and Kyler really worked to improve his midrange passing.
Really think it is because cards have a resemblance of a rb run threat, that keeps defenses honest, it was great when chase blew up the browns on 3rd and long draw early in the game! so yes credit to kliff and the new run game coordinator! Still no OC !

golly gee that goes back to the original Monday night football lighted board game - call a draw if someone goes all in on the pass-defense.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Really think it is because cards have a resemblance of a rb run threat, that keeps defenses honest, it was great when chase blew up the browns on 3rd and long draw early in the game! so yes credit to kliff and the new run game coordinator! Still no OC !

golly gee that goes back to the original Monday night football lighted board game - call a draw if someone goes all in on the pass-defense.

Remember that vibrating football game? My brother and I broke two or three tables because we would lean really heavy on the table so the guy would run to us.... lol.... that game sucked so bad, lmao

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Remember that vibrating football game? My brother and I broke two or three tables because we would lean really heavy on the table so the guy would run to us.... lol.... that game sucked so bad, lmao
Yep shouting at it as it spun in circles before the goal line - while the rest shook toward the one with the ball from the far side. Haha

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Thank you!
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Thanks for posting, and I agree 100% with M. Faulk when he implies that our defense is flying under the radar right now. Nobody is talking about the Desert Birds.

I love our defensive line rotation now. Watt/Phillips(probably)/Z. Allen starting. Dogbe/Fotu/Lawrence (might play Sunday?)/Peters rotating in. A disruptive, active, stout group.

Last edited:
OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks for posting, and I agree 100% with M. Faulk when he implies that our defense is flying under the radar right now. Nobody is talking about the Desert Birds.

I love our defensive line rotation now. Watt/Phillips(probably)/Z. Allen starting. Dogbe/Fotu/Lawrence (might play Sunday?)/Peters rotating in. A disruptive, active, stout group.

I kinda want the media to keep disrespecting us. I think this team thrives on that.

eastcoastSUN

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The team was putting a lot of stuff like this in the stadium yesterday in their pregame videos. About how we are the best team in the NFL, etc..... Straight up bragging.

I hated it. Keep humble until you win the Super Bowl.
I'm all for good fun... yes, we are still disrespected almost halfway through the season. 1-0 every week.

Just don't let that total tool from the Suns game counting his cash (or anyone like him) into State Farm stadium and we're all good :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose