Indina Game Thread?

jibikao

Reaction score
Where is it?

Anyway, we have a good start in early 1Q now. I don't know how we played defense previously but we are quite active on the defensive end. The refs also gave two BS calls on Diaw. And they really don't call anything for Nash.... Nash had a layup and Foster put his hand out to slap, if it was Kobe or Wade, it's probably a foul called!

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
Indiana, by the way. I spelled it wrong.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
Man.... time out right now. Pacers had a dunk and judging from the camera angle, I think it was James Jones under the basket. This is the classic example I am talking about. FOUL THE DARN GUY...hug him from behind and do whatever instead of letting him dunk and ignit the crowd. Don't save your foul!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
Lead by 14pt at half. Sloppy towards the end.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
az1965 said:
Why is O'Neal not playing? I thought he was back from injury?
He is back but Pacers played 5 games in 7 night. They want O'Neal to rest.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Nice to see the Suns defending for a change. I can't watch the game: Are they really playing good defense, or is Indiana just missing?

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
elindholm said:
Nice to see the Suns defending for a change. I can't watch the game: Are they really playing good defense, or is Indiana just missing?

Both. But I didn't watch the previous games so I don't know if we actually play better defense today.

I can say I am not impressed with Tim Thomas. He looks so soft out there and whenever he comes in, the Pacers starts scoring. If anything, his best moment is to deny a dunk by fouling hard.

James Jones' been great.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
The commentator (Doug?) said the best! When Kurt Thomas is in the game, he will use his 6 hard fouls to bring out the toughness in us. Why can't other big guys do that? What are they saving their fouls for? Christmas?

Haven't seen Brian Grant and Skita yet. We probably won't see them.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Both. But I didn't watch the previous games so I don't know if we actually play better defense today.

I can say I am not impressed with Tim Thomas. He looks so soft out there and whenever he comes in, the Pacers starts scoring. If anything, his best moment is to deny a dunk by fouling hard.

James Jones' been great.

Tim Thomas has 14 / 4 in the third and you're unimpressed? I know, it's not great - but what else is there? Pat Burke? Skita?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
aaaaand down goes Bell...

Sprained left ankle according to TNT. :(

Last edited:
OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
WastedFate said:
aaaaand down goes Bell...

Sprained left ankle according to TNT. :(

Apparently, he wants to come back but coach said no.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Tim Thomas has 14 / 4 in the third and you're unimpressed? I know, it's not great - but what else is there? Pat Burke? Skita?

Are you watching the game or you just said that based on the stats? I am not impressed with Tim Thomas because he is one of our "bigs" (as sad as it sounds) and he needs to be stronger. I expect more defense from TT than his scoring.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Are you watching the game or you just said that based on the stats? I am not impressed with Tim Thomas because he is one of our "bigs" (as sad as it sounds) and he needs to be stronger. I expect more defense from TT than his scoring.

I'm watching.

Thomas seems to just box out and let Marion / Diaw grab the rebound. I'll admit that he's below average at best on defense. But he has never been a great defender.

On a side note, James Jones is absolutely nailing everything.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
WastedFate said:
I'm watching.

Thomas seems to just box out and let Marion / Diaw grab the rebound. I'll admit that he's below average at best on defense. But he has never been a great defender.

On a side note, James Jones is absolutely nailing everything.

Yup, James Jones is on fire today and Marion had a great game too. As for Tim Thomas, he's not a very stable shooter and if he doesn't step up defensively, I don't know who will. Grant and Skita did not play today and this is clear that D'Antoni wants Tim Thomas to step up more. Grant's average playing time is like what? 3-5mins?

On the side note: I hate Tinsely. He looks either so cocky or so "I don't give a ****".

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Thomas was just off tonight, it looks. He's actually a very good shooter who's just been in a mini slump.

mribnik

Reaction score
I don't get to watch the Suns play a lot, but I'm always impressed with James Jones. I think he's going to be an excellent player for us as soon as next year. He always "battles" on the defensive end.

OP
OP
jibikao

jibikao

Reaction score
jbeecham said:
Let's take care of the Raptors 1st......

Oh... I didn't know we need to play against Raptors before Pistons. Ok, that's one more game to get back to our dominance.