In Case You Needed Closure: Fitz Officially Calls it Quits

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
So Fitz couldn't tolerate someone that was in many ways just like he was the first several years of his career?
Nah, Larry retired because he was done! He knew it and so did most everyone watching. Don't buy into the nonsense.
Um, revisionist history much? Larry's always been the quiet leader. He's always put the work in, and then some, and has always been nails. I guess you can say KM suffers compared to Larry simply because, as a QB, more is expected of him? Otherwise, bringing a hate on against probably the franchise's best every player in his retirement thread to defend KM is just bizarre.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Over the years, my attitude towards Boldin has changed, I think something really screwed up happen for him to walk off like he did before the Super Bowl. To see Fitz and Boldin inducted at the same time would be awesome for the Cards ring of honor... and frankly, Larry Centers, Dansby and Dockett deserve that as much as a QB

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
So Fitz couldn't tolerate someone that was in many ways just like he was the first several years of his career?
Nah, Larry retired because he was done! He knew it and so did most everyone watching. Don't buy into the nonsense.
Please produce any evidence of Larry moping on the sidelines or curling up into a little ball when he was about to be hit. Please produce ANY evidence of him playing video games instead of working to be a HOF receiver and one of the best to ever do it. I agree that Larry was done, but don’t start trashing one of the best ever to dispute someone’s post.

Stout

Reaction score
Please produce any evidence of Larry moping on the sidelines or curling up into a little ball when he was about to be hit. Please produce ANY evidence of him playing video games instead of working to be a HOF receiver and one of the best to ever do it. I agree that Larry was done, but don’t start trashing one of the best ever to dispute someone’s post.
:clapping:

WeBlitz

Rookie
Reaction score
Didn’t he beat up his ex gf?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn’t he beat up his ex gf?
The claim she made with no evidence and the police didn't bring charges because they didn't find it credible? A claim made in a custody dispute?

I got divorced, went to court for split custody and back again for full custody of my youngest. I can tell you first hand, in that situation, lying and exaggeration by the aggrieved spouse can occur.

Reaction score
Jim Trotter, one of Larry's closest confidants and the co-author with Larry on his book, was speaking yesterday on the NFL Network about Kyler Murray.
I have always suspected that Larry and Kyler didn't mesh... that Larry simply couldn't tolerate the immaturity and reclusive, non-leadership qualities of Kyler. We'll likely never know...but my own guess is that Larry would've likely played one more year...but for Kyler.

Um, revisionist history much? Larry's always been the quiet leader. He's always put the work in, and then some, and has always been nails. I guess you can say KM suffers compared to Larry simply because, as a QB, more is expected of him? Otherwise, bringing a hate on against probably the franchise's best every player in his retirement thread to defend KM is just bizarre.

You two (Stout, Syracusecards) are looking for an argument that isn't there! I didn't disparage Fitz; if that is what you got from what I posted, you have mis-read it!

What I stated was that when Fitzgerald came into the league he had similar behaviors as Murray, i.e. - "immaturity and reclusive, non-leadership qualities." Yes, Larry was always a hard-working performer on the field; I think the same might be said of Kyler. But I also remember that Fitz would run off the field at the moment of the final whistle, and was out of the locker room before the reporters were let in. He wanted no part of the "face of the franchise" responsibilities off the field. I clearly recall Warner taking Fitz "under his wing" and schooling him on how he needed to step-up and accept his leadership role.

Question is will Murray evolve into the leader he NEEDS to be; as Fitzgerald eventually did?

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Wow. Now Fitz gets trashed by the Kyler apologists. Just unbelievable.
Howdy, KM supporter here. In no way, shape or form, do I think Fitz had issues with Murray. I think Larry knew full well he was way past his prime and he had no wish to try to gel with the new generation, just to prolong his career.

Stout

Reaction score
Howdy, KM supporter here. In no way, shape or form, do I think Fitz had issues with Murray. I think Larry knew full well he was way past his prime and he had no wish to try to gel with the new generation, just to prolong his career.
So, KM has no issues and it was on Larry. Hmm.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And in no way are they comparable at any points in their careers as it relates to character and leadership. Silly to even bring it up. I’m a KM supporter also but not a blind loyalist.

Stout

Reaction score
So you survive in life by putting words in other people's mouths? hmmmmmmm
"In no way, shape or form, do I think Fitz had issues with Murray." Your words, despite reports to the contrary at the time.

"I think Larry knew full well he was way past his prime and he had no wish to try to gel with the new generation, just to prolong his career." And that's putting any possible rift on Larry's shoulders, not KM's.

Your own words draw the conclusions for me.

Stout

Reaction score
Give me a break. :deadhorse:

Yeah, I get it. There's a certain set on this board that thinks KM can absolutely do no wrong. I'm beating my head against the wall on the point. Seems like it's impossible to think he has loads of talent but that he needs to mature, and NOW, to realize his full potential. Gah, no, that would mean admitting he isn't perfect for some folks!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard