In Case You Needed Closure: Fitz Officially Calls it Quits

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Murray is the greatest young QB in Cardinal history. And I’ve been around long enough to say that without any reservation. Does a 24 year old kid need to continue to mature & improve. Absolutely. And this franchise needs to give the kid some weapons & protect him. To date, that hasn’t happened. So I’m not at all surprised that Murray has been immature & frustrated.
they had enough weapons and protection to make a career journeyman QB look like an All-Pro in 2 of 3 games he started when Kyler was injured... one of those teams which were 5 minutes away from being in the Super Bowl.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hof even with no ring only kurt fitz could get close as a card

Green hit to fun fitz memories best cards recevier be hard for a new wr to top

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
they had enough weapons and protection to make a career journeyman QB look like an All-Pro in 2 of 3 games he started when Kyler was injured... one of those teams which were 5 minutes away from being in the Super Bowl.
Don’t take the bait. This is a good-vibes only thread. Dogs and fighting fish

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Great. Now we need to find another high-impact player named Larry so we can keep the chants of "Larry !! Larry !! Larry !!" going.

We had Centers at SDS and Fitz at UOP/SFS. Unsure if they ever made the same chants for Larry Wilson in St. Louis.

Glad my wife and I got to see every one of his home games and two road games (SB in Tampa and Nashville the year after).

Enjoy whatever the heck you want to do next, Fitz.
Maybe Rashard Lawrence miraculously becomes a high impact player and changes:D his last name to Larry?

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Murray is the greatest young QB in Cardinal history. And I’ve been around long enough to say that without any reservation. Does a 24 year old kid need to continue to mature & improve. Absolutely. And this franchise needs to give the kid some weapons & protect him. To date, that hasn’t happened. So I’m not at all surprised that Murray has been immature & frustrated.
Yep. I don't care one bit what Larry's opinion was. He was on the way out regardless. But, I also believe him when I think he wants the best for Kyler and the org.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
GREAT dogs. He wasn’t crazy enough (yes he was), so we doubled down with a vizsla too.
You must be registered for see images attach

Evee’s been a great friend to our family for six years running although you have to watch out when she gets a couple IPAs in her.

We’re third-generation Weim owners and I’ve never seen one as laid back as this one.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Evee’s been a great friend to our family for six years running although you have to watch out when she gets a couple IPAs in her.

We’re third-generation Weim owners and I’ve never seen one as laid back as this one.
Weimar are great dogs, once raised Dobies and they have a few traits in common. They are really smart but can be hyper (for the record Dobermans like most German dogs are defensive and not aggressive and that's a big difference). Being that laid back is unusual. Once had a female Doberman who would sit on my coach in my studio and watch me paint all day (they tend to be a bit clingy towards one person in general), one cannot get more boring than that and more unusual for that breed to act lol

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Fitz was top five all time as a receiver but number one as a person and teammate. Showed nothing but class his whole career.
I still say he was number two only to Jerry Rice. Thank you Denny Green for drafting him, rest in peace.... I wish we could channel you for the next draft!

Attachments

• dennis-green-larry-fitzgerald-da7b856f15e45429.jpg
    dennis-green-larry-fitzgerald-da7b856f15e45429.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 3

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The only Cardinals jersey I own is a Fitzgerald autographed one, I have had it framed and hanging in my mancave for the past 10 years or so.

Glad he always stayed a Cardinal.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
The officially unofficial retirement from Larry. I wondering why the Arizona Cardinals dont have news on this on their site nor does Arizona Sports? All we have is a cryptic tweet from pro football talk. I call BS as usual.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really never had any doubt. Once he was out of the grind, I didn't see him coming back.

Reaction score
Jim Trotter, one of Larry's closest confidants and the co-author with Larry on his book, was speaking yesterday on the NFL Network about Kyler Murray.
I have always suspected that Larry and Kyler didn't mesh... that Larry simply couldn't tolerate the immaturity and reclusive, non-leadership qualities of Kyler. We'll likely never know...but my own guess is that Larry would've likely played one more year...but for Kyler.
So Fitz couldn't tolerate someone that was in many ways just like he was the first several years of his career?
Nah, Larry retired because he was done! He knew it and so did most everyone watching. Don't buy into the nonsense.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So Fitz couldn't tolerate someone that was in many ways just like he was the first several years of his career?
Nah, Larry retired because he was done! He knew it and so did most everyone watching. Don't buy into the nonsense.
That's like saying as a parent.....so you can't tolerate some of the stuff you used to do??!! People mature and change when they get older. MOST people can't tolerate from their kids the crap they used to do. I see it being no different from Larry.

Reaction score
That's like saying as a parent.....so you can't tolerate some of the stuff you used to do??!! People mature and change when they get older. MOST people can't tolerate from their kids the crap they used to do. I see it being no different from Larry.
A plausible hypothesis. But if you accept this hypothesis they you'd have to think that Larry, representing the parent in the scenario, handled the situation terribly! :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard