I think that Kyler Murray's career is finished with his injury

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I could see him look at baseball now. It would allow him to drop some muscle and take some pressure off his knees.

I'm now sure how that impacts the cap, though, if he retired for baseball.
This baseball talk has to decease. He’s just not going to drop in like he’s Mike Trout & have a long successful career. That ship has sailed the second he chose the NFL over MLB.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This baseball talk has to decease. He’s just not going to drop in like he’s Mike Trout & have a long successful career. That ship has sailed the second he chose the NFL over MLB.
He's 25 and has $100 million in the back. It's still an option, but the window is very small.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He's 25 and has $100 million in the back. It's still an option, but the window is very small.
He hasn't played in 4+ years and will be coming off a major injury. Not happening. If he retires from football, he will become a professional gamer....bank it. This isn't a slight on him as QB at all...I don't care that he plays video games. I'm 50+ and still play games. haha I just think if he's good at it, I could see that as a plausible future for sure, if/when football is done.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He hasn't played in 4+ years and will be coming off a major injury. Not happening. If he retires from football, he will become a professional gamer....bank it. This isn't a slight on him as QB at all...I don't care that he plays video games. I'm 50+ and still play games. haha I just think if he's good at it, I could see that as a plausible future for sure, if/when football is done.
While that is definitely a possibility, I still think he considers it. He's a million times more gifted than Tebow athletically, and Tebow was 29 when he tried.

And for the record, I said he'd look at baseball but didnt say he actually make the jump.

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
Snap.

He isn't done as a runner and it won't change his game. Running backs do ACL's every year and still play running back.

Actual runners do ACL's and come back and compete at a high level.

He'll be fine physically. The question is how it effects him mentally.
Maybe Kyler will come out just fine from this MCL knee injury, but he may not. Our RB Cam Akers blew out his knee a couple years ago and McVay has been trying to get the pre-injury production from Cam all year and he has sucked. He's not the same guy....

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Maybe Kyler will come out just fine from this MCL knee injury, but he may not. Our RB Cam Akers blew out his knee a couple years ago and McVay has been trying to get the pre-injury production from Cam all year and he has sucked. He's not the same guy....

If you want to look at examples of players that have had ACL injuries on the Rams I think you start with Cooper Kupp. He still performed at a high level the year following his ACL and obviously has continued to do so. You just never know how a player will respond after ACL surgery. It depends on the specific injury and the player. Nobody knows how this will effect him, but obviously there is cause for concern.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Here are several examples on QB's tearing ACL:

mobyhammy

Reaction score
I disagree that this is the end of Kyler's career. Even without the injury, Kyler was going to have to figure out how to be more of a pocket passer as he got older. What will determine success or failure is whether Kyler can develop into a quarterback who can read defenses and go through his reads.

Unlike others on this forum, I've loved the way Kyler played. It was fast and furious and unlike anything we've ever seen. But it was also unsustainable. Last year, he was unstoppable until defenses caught up to him. Still, Kyler's got unbelievable talent, not just his legs, but his arm as well. Maybe the injury will force him to adapt and become the quarterback we need him to be.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They have pretty much sucked since 1948 so Kyler playing or not isn’t really a factor

Lol how many winning seasons since the team has been in Arizona?

The sooner cardinals fans realize this origination is pure trash the sooner they can move on with life.

Last year was my last year of giving a F and honestly I feel great.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
that was an achilles rather than an ACL

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
Kyler is not adjusting his game. He’s too athletic and used to not being touched at all. He can’t operate from the pocket. He’s the easiest tackle in the game if you just get near him. He plays scared and it contributed to his injury last night.
He’ll come back but his mindset won’t change nor his height. He will run out this contract or get cut in a few years. He will not sign another in the NFL.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Kyler will be back

the things he has going for him:

he is young

also, that non-contact injury is typically a rupture and isolated to the single ligament --- in contrast to an injury like Zach Ertz or Maxx Williams where it was caused by an outside force which can sometimes damage the MCL and /or cartilage

LoyalRam

All Star
Reaction score
If you want to look at examples of players that have had ACL injuries on the Rams I think you start with Cooper Kupp. He still performed at a high level the year following his ACL and obviously has continued to do so. You just never know how a player will respond after ACL surgery. It depends on the specific injury and the player. Nobody knows how this will effect him, but obviously there is cause for concern.
Cooper Kupp is a freak, in a good way. Kupp has always been a work out maniac and perfectionist. Cam came back from his MCL surgery during the Super Bowl year and so that was incredibly fast as well, but he hasn't been the same. Adrian Peterson was a freak too when he came back so fast and so you just never know until they get back on the field...

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
We probably will not know how Kyler will be following the surgery by draft time. This probably means that we will be forced to ´ waste ´ our high pick on a qb. You can´t come out of the draft not knowing if you have a qb or not. And it looks now like we will have a top 3 pick or so. That Levis kid sounds like he could be a starter after a few years of proper tutoring. But are the Cards the team to give him proper tutoring? Maybe if we hire a special QB guru just for him.

That might not be a bad thing in the long run. If Kyler can come back and start, that will give the rookie a few years to prepare to start. If Kyler is never the same again, we have Josh Allen type rookie to learn on the job. I just can not see us thinking Colt is a safe fall back position long term.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose