I think that Kyler Murray's career is finished with his injury

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well yeah it is more bad games than good.

80 is good, 40 is bad. 60 is ok.

That's one ok game, one good game and two bad games.

He's been bad with or without Hopkins. Just slightly less bad with him.
Averages:
Kyler 58.5
Mccoy 55.2

Meh

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have no questions about his physical ability, nor his mental fortitude in putting the maximum physical effort into his recovery. He will have an advantage in his physical recovery in that respect. I do have questions over his mindset, and believe he doesn't feel he needs to change his approach to the game of football. Will he be able to change that mindset because of this injury? The jury is out.
Exactly, I side with him but that is my gut feeling and someone saying otherwise is just as valid... but having a new coach at that reset is so important

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
"Wait, we're calling Jalen Hurts a good QB?"

You missed the "in two years" part eh?
Many more tales of QBs that can't throw the ball being out of the league in 2 years than becoming solid NFL starters. Hurts is much more the exception to the rule. I don't think Fields will be out of the league in 2 years, as he was a high draft pick, but I do feel he will be a backup.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Many more tales of QBs that can't throw the ball being out of the league in 2 years than becoming solid NFL starters. Hurts is much more the exception to the rule. I don't think Fields will be out of the league in 2 years, as he was a high draft pick, but I do feel he will be a backup.
Here's the thing. Fields was much further along as a passer coming out of college than Jalen Hurts.

Hurts was a way better runner in college. Its actually shocking that Fields is this good running the football. This isnt a case of a guy having no throwing potential. Its actually quite high. Just a matter of getting more sound mechanically.

I'd argue Fields isnt THAT far off Josh Allen during his 2nd year in the league. Thing is Allen's development afterwards has been one of a kind.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Here's the thing. Fields was much further along as a passer coming out of college than Jalen Hurts.

Hurts was a way better runner in college. Its actually shocking that Fields is this good running the football. This isnt a case of a guy having no throwing potential. Its actually quite high. Just a matter of getting more sound mechanically.

I'd argue Fields isnt THAT far off Josh Allen during his 2nd year in the league. Thing is Allen's development afterwards has been one of a kind.
Allen is such an outlier though. Most QBs with that level of mechanical throwing problems flame out. Only a select few make it. And a knock on Fields coming out was he was just another Ohio State QB that had lots of talent around him and didn't have to throw as much to win. I would not want fields. I mean, I'd take him over the Whiners' young injured guy, but he's pretty meh to me.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson