I Ranked All 32 Starting QBs for 2020

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Yea, I don’t know how you can say with confidence that Derek Carr(who you think Dak is) & Sam Darnold(Inconsistent, but having a cancer like Gase doesn’t help) are better than Dak.

If Dak isn’t the best offensive player on his team, he’s at least the 2nd best definitely.

Is he better than Elliot? Cooper? The vaunted offensive linemen, such as Tyron Smith, Travis Frederick, etc.? Would he still put up big numbers if most of those guys were not on the team? A lot of unknowns, IMO.

Especially today, when you look at Dallas's depth chart on offense, they have a ton of talent virtually everywhere; arguably more than anyone in the NFL. I would expect that Prescott puts up more gaudy stats because of that talent.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
TIER 1 ELITE
1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. Watson
5. Brees

TIER 2 GOOD QBs
6. Wentz
7. Prescott
8. Ryan
9. Rodgers
10. Brady
11. Stafford
12. MURRAY
13. Roethlisberger
14. Rivers
15. Newton

TIER 3 AVERAGE QBs
16. Cousins
17. Carr
18. Garoppolo
19. Goff
20. Mayfield
21. Darnold
22. Bridgewater
23. Tannehill
24. Daniel Jones

TIER 4 FRINGE QBs/young starters
25. Josh Allen
26. Minshew
27. Burrow
28. Tua
29. Lock
30. Tyrod Taylor
31. Chicago Abomination (Trubs/Foles)
32. Dwayne Trashcans

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That injury made him mediocre. The team around him was very good, too. With mediocre weapons now, he's just a mid-tier guy.
His two best WRs last season was a RB & a college QB 4 years ago. Calling them “mediocre” is generous.

His secondary is arguably bottom 5 in the entire league, too. The team around him isn’t “very good”. This isn’t 2017.

Funny thing is that Watson’s stats weren’t much better than Wentz’, but I know you’re not going to call Watson overrated.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not for the long term by any means. In terms of how I'd rank where we're at today, I'd probably put them right next to each other. But I'd take Cousins over Carr, plus we pretty much all agree Dak should be top 10, so that probably pushes it down. I'm not gonna do my whole list but I'd say the top 11-16 probably looks like this for me:

11. Matt Stafford
12. Ben Roethlisberger
13. Philip Rivers
14. Kyler Murray
15. Ryan Tannehill
16. Kirk Cousins

I have Murray above the Rapist but that's just me being a hater :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TIER 1 ELITE
1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. Watson
5. Brees

TIER 2 GOOD QBs
6. Wentz
7. Prescott
8. Ryan
9. Rodgers
10. Brady
11. Stafford
12. MURRAY
13. Roethlisberger
14. Rivers
15. Newton

TIER 3 AVERAGE QBs
16. Cousins
17. Carr
18. Garoppolo
19. Goff
20. Mayfield
21. Darnold
22. Bridgewater
23. Tannehill
24. Daniel Jones

25. Josh Allen
26. Minshew
27. Burrow
28. Tua
29. Lock
30. Tyrod Taylor
32. Dwayne Trashcans

Breesus is too low. Rodgers would have to double his career yardage to make Brees.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Breesus is too low. Rodgers would have to double his career yardage to make Brees.

I only give partial credit for career achievements.

Rodgers is declining. Brees gets the benefit of the doubt, but I like the other four better.

You could maybe flip Brees and Watson, but the top three are better players.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His two best WRs last season was a RB & a college QB 4 years ago. Calling them “mediocre” is generous.

His secondary is arguably bottom 5 in the entire league, too. The team around him isn’t “very good”. This isn’t 2017.

Funny thing is that Watson’s stats weren’t much better than Wentz’, but I know you’re not going to call Watson overrated.

Wentz is a fantastic player, but I downgrade him slightly because he hasn't been elite and he gets hurt way too often.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score

Wentz has gotten outshined when it counts constantly. You judge Kirk Cousins for not shining when it counts, but Carson's teams have seen Nick Foles bloom in tough situations - playoffs, a Super Bowl, and even pulling their fat out of the fire to make the playoffs.

Wentz has played nine snaps in the postseason and simply isn't reliable.

As far as the comparison to Watson goes, Bill O'Brien isn't a very good coach. And Watson beats Wentz on almost every average over his career, considering both guys have missed significant time, have a year apart, and total stats don't compare here.

I'd take Watson 10/10 times.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I have Murray above the Rapist but that's just me being a hater :)
Again, long term, but Murray needs to prove it first.

Full transparency, I bought Kyler's jersey yesterday. He'll be on a lot of my fantasy teams this year, most likely. With D-Hop, things should turn out well. But before I start ranking him above guys that have done it, I need to see him show it.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wentz is a fantastic player, but I downgrade him slightly because he hasn't been elite and he gets hurt way too often.
Yea, durability has been bit of a problem. Though his last injury was more so of a dirty play by Clowney more than his own-doing.

Not counting the 40 year olds, only QBs I can say with confidence I would take over him are Mahomes, Wilson, Lamar, & most likely Watson. I love Rodgers, but Rodgers hasn’t looked like Godgers for a few years now. I’ll also be damned if I take someone like Kirk Cousins or Philip Rivers over him.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yea, durability has been bit of a problem. Though his last injury was more so of a dirty play by Clowney more than his own-doing.

Not counting the 40 year olds, only QBs I can say with confidence I would take over him are Mahomes, Wilson, Lamar, & most likely Watson. I love Rodgers, but Rodgers hasn’t looked like Godgers for a few years now. I’ll also be damned if I take someone like Kirk Cousins or Philip Rivers over him.
That sounds nuts. I'd take Kyler over him right now and wouldn't look back.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That sounds nuts. I'd take Kyler over him right now and wouldn't look back.
Well yea I would too, but I wanted to exclude our own QB.

But yea I’m not taking the Rapist or the other two guys I mentioned in the previous post above Wentz for damn sure.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very good thread, but one that you'll never find wholesale agreement with. I guess that's why it's a good thread.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
Very good thread, but one that you'll never find wholesale agreement with. I guess that's why it's a good thread.
For 32 QBs, no one's going to have an identical list, and even the difference between, say, 14 and 16 is marginal. I like the cadence of this discussion.

I mentally prepared myself to be ripped to shreds when I started this thread, especially my Dak take.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
I only give partial credit for career achievements.

Rodgers is declining. Brees gets the benefit of the doubt, but I like the other four better.

You could maybe flip Brees and Watson, but the top three are better players.

Would be nice had Green Bay actually brought in offensive talent to help A-Rodg aside from Adams. No offensive playmakers drafted in the first round since Rodgers was drafted.

OP
OP
TJ

TJ

Reaction score
TIER 1 ELITE
1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. Watson
5. Brees

TIER 2 GOOD QBs
6. Wentz
7. Prescott
8. Ryan
9. Rodgers
10. Brady
11. Stafford
12. MURRAY
13. Roethlisberger
14. Rivers
15. Newton

TIER 3 AVERAGE QBs
16. Cousins
17. Carr
18. Garoppolo
19. Goff
20. Mayfield
21. Darnold
22. Bridgewater
23. Tannehill
24. Daniel Jones

25. Josh Allen
26. Minshew
27. Burrow
28. Tua
29. Lock
30. Tyrod Taylor
32. Dwayne Trashcans

I have Murray ranked higher than you. You were the engineer for the Murray train a year ago and I was in the caboose. Hang on a sec...

You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson