I Ranked All 32 Starting QBs for 2020

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One things all these lists seem to have in common.

Wentz too high. He's not better than Ryan, Dak, Stafford or Rodgers.

Ryan and Stafford are too low on many of them.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something about Stafford I just can’t buy. Even when he had very good supporting casts, he still couldn’t lead his team to a playoff win. He also has never reached the peaks of a Ryan or Wentz, either.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Something about Stafford I just can’t buy. Even when he had very good supporting casts, he still couldn’t lead his team to a playoff win. He also has never reached the peaks of a Ryan or Wentz, either.

Come on, Son.

Wentz has played 2 full seasons. The most he's ever thrown for is 4,039 yards. Last year he was 27 TD's 7 INTs with a 6.7 yard average.

He had one good season in '17 where he was 33/7 and 7.5 average in 13 games. But that team was so good that Foles could see out 3 games, all the playoffs and win the SB.

Stafford average the last 9 years is 4247 per year. Thats 200 yards more than Wentz best year. His average YPA is 7.7 over 9 years.

Stafford isn't a massive injury risk like Wentz. I'd take Stafford over Wentz all day and wouldn't take me a micro second to think about it.

The difference between Stafford and Wentz is that Stafford has never had a HC as good as Peterson and the Lions team has been generally talent starved in one area or another.

I think everyone is waaaay too high on Wentz. I wouldn't have him top 10. He's done nowhere near enough.

You must be registered for see images attach

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
What Wentz did last year was a carry job for the ages. They were down to street skill players. I would’ve liked to have seen what they could’ve done vs Seattle before this:

You must be registered for see images

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's my list. I've given some guys the benefit of the doubt based on their past. My heart has also come in to play (ex. Murray) a little bit too. One thing is certain. we'll never be in complete agreement.

1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Rodgers
4. Jackson
5. Brady (He will eat it up in BA's system, especially with the WR group he now has)
6. Brees
7. Watson
8. Roethlisberger (Benefit of the doubt pick)
9. Murray (My guy!!)
10. Prescott (Not entirely sold on his talent, but insane talent around him & he now has a real HC)
11. Wentz
12. Ryan
13. Stafford
14. Garropolo
15. Newton
16. Cousins
17. Carr
18. Goff
19. Mayfield
20. Darnold
21. Josh Allen
22. Tannehill
23. Jones
24. Bridgewater
25. Rivers (Has lost too much zip. Could still be the right guy for Indy though)
26. Burrow (He's better than this, but he's a rookie)
27. Tagavoila (Like Burrow, he's a rookie)
28. Minshew
29. Foles
30. Locke
31. Haskins
32. Taylor

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have Murray ranked higher than you. You were the engineer for the Murray train a year ago and I was in the caboose. Hang on a sec...

You must be registered for see images attach

Murray is going to move up this list this season, likely to around 7 or 8.

I just can't put him above guys who were more productive and have longer track records.

I expect that if the season goes off without a hitch and if Murray stays healthy, he should throw for around 30 TDs and rush for maybe 7 TDs more.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not that anyone cares but this would be my rankings.

I'm solid on my top 10. Confident those are the best 10 QB's in the league even if you might move one or two around a little. Brady and Brees are legends but father time catches up with everyone and I'd take all the other QB's in the top 10 over them.

One you get to 14 or so you can barely slide a piece of paper between guys. Is Mayfield going to be rookie Mayfield or last years Mayfield? Has Big Ben's injury cooked his arm? Can Carr get back to his peak? Josh Allen could have a great year with the weapons he now has. It would take very little for a bunch of those guys to go up or down 5 spots.

I have Locke at 26 because he didn't play much. But I liked what I saw of him. I think he could be a big surprise this year and easily overtake the Carrs and Mayfields. He has some great weapons but just not seen enough.

1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. Watson
5. Rodgers
6. Ryan
7. Prescott
8. Stafford
9. Brady
10. Brees
11. Murray
12. Wentz
13. Newton
14. Roethlisberger
15. Cousins
16. Mayfield
17. Carr
18. Goff
19. Josh Allen
20. Darnold
21. Rivers
22. Tannehill
23. Jones
24. Garropolo
25. Minshew
26. Locke
27. Burrow
28. Tagavoila
29. Foles
30. Bridgewater
31. Haskins
32. Taylor

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Not that anyone cares but this would be my rankings.

I'm solid on my top 10. Confident those are the best 10 QB's in the league even if you might move one or two around a little. Brady and Brees are legends but father time catches up with everyone and I'd take all the other QB's in the top 10 over them.

One you get to 14 or so you can barely slide a piece of paper between guys. Is Mayfield going to be rookie Mayfield or last years Mayfield? Has Big Ben's injury cooked his arm? Can Carr get back to his peak? Josh Allen could have a great year with the weapons he now has. It would take very little for a bunch of those guys to go up or down 5 spots.

I have Locke at 26 because he didn't play much. But I liked what I saw of him. I think he could be a big surprise this year and easily overtake the Carrs and Mayfields. He has some great weapons but just not seen enough.

1. Mahomes
2. Wilson
3. Jackson
4. Watson
5. Rodgers
6. Ryan
7. Prescott
8. Stafford
9. Brady
10. Brees
11. Murray
12. Wentz
13. Newton
14. Roethlisberger
15. Cousins
16. Mayfield
17. Carr
18. Goff
19. Josh Allen
20. Darnold
21. Rivers
22. Tannehill
23. Jones
24. Garropolo
25. Minshew
26. Locke
27. Burrow
28. Tagavoila
29. Foles
30. Bridgewater
31. Haskins
32. Taylor

Brett Kollman on YouTube did a piece on Lock that tempers the enthusiasm when you look deeper at the tape.

He became real gun shy about throwing it deep. That's a real bad habit for a young QB and one that is hard to break.