I hope we can enjoy what we asked for

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think this season is already in the toilet, I think we can expect to see the same type of season Indy had a little while ago...I just hope we are in the playoffs right after like Indy was. We gearing up for 2014 if you know what I mean. Bidwill must be down with it too. We always said we even suck at sucking, winning meaningless games that drop our draft like a bad habit. Arians, Keim, these guys aint playing around this year. They are dropping what they can and focusing longterm. They aren't making football decisions with their heart, not keeping guys with moxi, they are making football decisions they feel will benefit this team in the longrun. Our division says it aint time to plug in a player or two and go for the playoffs. Our division says we will be lucky to win more than 2 division games this year, and that's who we will face year after year.

All them tankmode supporters better suck it up and not go crazy this year when it happens, because it is going to happen.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think this season is already in the toilet, I think we can expect to see the same type of season Indy had a little while ago...I just hope we are in the playoffs right after like Indy was. We gearing up for 2014 if you know what I mean. Bidwill must be down with it too. We always said we even suck at sucking, winning meaningless games that drop our draft like a bad habit. Arians, Keim, these guys aint playing around this year. They are dropping what they can and focusing longterm. They aren't making football decisions with their heart, not keeping guys with moxi, they are making football decisions they feel will benefit this team in the longrun. Our division says it aint time to plug in a player or two and go for the playoffs. Our division says we will be lucky to win more than 2 division games this year, and that's who we will face year after year.

All them tankmode supporters better suck it up and not go crazy this year when it happens, because it is going to happen.

Stop bitching & complaining k9 you're soooo negative:D lol

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stop bitching & complaining k9 you're soooo negative:D lol
I aint trippin, and I think they are making good moves. This is the perfect time to restructure everything, and get some high draft picks in a year that matters. Who has two thumbs and is ready for Frank the Tank....this guy right here does!!! :D

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
We certainly are setting themselves up for an epic rebuilding year (translation: 2-14). They're gonna have to market this roster to the fans as "Larry Fitzgerald and a Bunch of Guys."

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We certainly are setting themselves up for an epic rebuilding year (translation: 2-14). They're gonna have to market this roster to the fans as "Larry Fitzgerald and a Bunch of Guys."

Uh-oh. Ed's back. Things are about to get hilariously ugly on this team.

Buckybird

Reaction score

The sad thing is both of Arians legs are already hanging out the door to his firing. :D

pacman

Veteran
Reaction score
Lmao the draft is over a month away and we still don't even know who will be the qb yet. Chill out.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Uh-oh. Ed's back. Things are about to get hilariously ugly on this team.

Oh, come on. I lurk. I have come to the same conclusion as the rest of you: no real expectations for free agency because they're clearly in rebuilding mode.

I'll be perfectly satisfied, to be honest, if they are awful this year and end up with Bridgewater, Manziel, or any other real QB. This garbage they've been trotting out since Warner isn't gonna cut it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah but Indy did that with Luck sitting there. Who are we going to tank for, Clowney?

Manziel could be in the draft, he's also 200 pounds soaking wet.

I'll wait to see who we actually sign and draft but I'm sure hoping that Toler to Indy is an example of the media being out of the loop and not an example of our new GM taking lessons from Graves. It sure seemed like we intended to keep Toler.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Oh, come on. I lurk. I have come to the same conclusion as the rest of you: no real expectations for free agency because they're clearly in rebuilding mode.

I'll be perfectly satisfied, to be honest, if they are awful this year and end up with Bridgewater. This garbage they've been trotting out since Warner isn't gonna cut it.

FTFY.

:D

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah but Indy did that with Luck sitting there. Who are we going to tank for, Clowney?

I'll wait to see who we actually sign and draft but I'm sure hoping that Toler to Indy is an example of the media being out of the loop and not an example of our new GM taking lessons from Graves. It sure seemed like we intended to keep Toler.

If Keim ends up being remarkably like Graves, it's because of what we all secretly fear is true: nothing on this team really changes until the old man dies.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Russ.

Go watch Teddy Bridgewater next fall. You will see that he is worth a 1st round pick as a QB.

Guy is a NFL caliber QB if I have ever seen one.

Buckybird

Reaction score
If Keim ends up being remarkably like Graves, it's because of what we all secretly fear is true: nothing on this team really changes until the old man dies.

5/5 :thumbup:

Been saying the same thing for years!!! Bowtie has to have his daily supply of I've cream :D

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have come to the same conclusion as the rest of you: no real expectations for free agency because they're clearly in rebuilding mode.

There are a handful that feel the last 3 hours and 20 minutes have defined the off season and are in full fledged Darkside mode. It is quite hilarious.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The sad thing is both of Arians legs are already hanging out the door to his firing. :D
Arians had to of explained what was going to go down, I think he is safe no matter what this next year's record is. It needed to happen, if we can keep our defense semi-intact and above average through this transition we will be a lot better off, but it looks like no one is safe.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Russ.

Go watch Teddy Bridgewater next fall. You will see that he is worth a 1st round pick as a QB.

Haven't seen him play.

Great name though.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Russ.

I agree about a Bridgewater.

Wouldn't it be just like the Cardinals to draft someone #1 or #2 in Johnny Football, when he's probably going to be no better than Jake the Snake & a similar NFL player? Lol

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

And this is the thing. If we intend to develop our own players and keep them in house, half of the equation is being able to keep them in house.

But according to Darren Urban, re-signing Rashad Johnson was a key signing. Glad we have that scrub back in the fold. Our special teams will be awesome when we're punting 10-12 times per game.

Buckybird

Reaction score
Arians had to of explained what was going to go down, I think he is safe no matter what this next year's record is. It needed to happen, if we can keep our defense semi-intact and above average through this transition we will be a lot better off, but it looks like no one is safe.

3-13
4-12
5-11

Gets a coach fired or he resigns like Bud Wilkinson when you're BAs age.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There are a handful that feel the last 3 hours and 20 minutes have defined the off season and are in full fledged Darkside mode. It is quite hilarious.
I don't think it's darkside at all, I think it's a calculated move to make some real moves later.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And this is the thing. If we intend to develop our own players and keep them in house, half of the equation is being able to keep them in house.

But according to Darren Urban, re-signing Rashad Johnson was a key signing. Glad we have that scrub back in the fold. Our special teams will be awesome when we're punting 10-12 times per game.

I'm not panicking yet but it does concern me that a guy that team insiders thought we were going to keep, signs somewhere else a few minutes after it's allowed.

But maybe the team insiders aren't as well connected to the new staff as they were to the old?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Real question is who does Arians think is next year's Andrew Luck??

Apparently it's Teddy Football, I mean Johnny Bridgewater.

:D

caveat, haven't seen Bridgewater he may actually be good. not all that impressed with Manziel I just don't think he'll hold up in the NFL unless he gets MUCH stronger. But maybe he's Brees part 2.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I'm not panicking yet but it does concern me that a guy that team insiders thought we were going to keep, signs somewhere else a few minutes after it's allowed.

But maybe the team insiders aren't as well connected to the new staff as they were to the old?

They're certainly well-connected to Keim and Jason Licht. I personally don't believe that Keim carries much personnel authority. If he does, then we learned nothing from the Ken Whisenhunt Fiasco and we're in for a long couple of years.