I don’t get the hate

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Okay if you believe we are playing 2 ILB all the time then either we are in dime so no Fotu or in 3/4 so no Murphy or Golden doesn't play despite being signed over Reddick.

Collins can't play without removing.an existing.starter.
Our defense was rather pathetic, so what’s the problem with removing an existing starter?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
This is a 100 percent false narrative people that support the pick keep throwing out there. Keim himself stated they didn't try, that Collins was simply too good to pass off. And that's part of why I think the pick stinks. He's great at limiting his own options.
I kinda shocked you believe this

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
None at all. I am intrigued what Vance does to keep them both on the field for 3 downs.

my guess:

regular 3/4: 3DL: Watt, Phillips, Fotu (or Lawrence, etc)
4LBs: Golden, Simmons, Collins, Jones
4 DBs

passing/light: 2 DL: Watt, Zach Allen
4 LBs: Golden, Simmons, Collins, Jones
5 DBs

speed package: 1 DL: Watt
4 LBs
6 DBs

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Good job man. I played MLB (and some DE) in football and SG on the basketball team. Small high school. No college. Started both. Still love the sports but I would have never had a chance in college.
It was Div III. And even there I think my body proved that to be the case for me as well. I was shocked that the players were close to the same size, just not as talented. I was a small 5’11, 210lbs, but slow 4.90 40 ILB. Thankfully I was smart and could diagnose plays quickly. My position coach’s nickname for me was “Taz” because I was all over the years place on film but made tackles. I really loved tackling.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I kinda shocked you believe this

I watched the video when Keim made the call
Keim was relieved about the patriots selecting Jones, then Bidwill said " good, so, u get your guy"
He wasn't interested in trading, he would have selected him also with the ten pick

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Keim was relieved about the patriots selecting Jones, then Bidwill said " good, so, u get your guy"
He wasn't interested in trading, he would have selected him also with the ten pick
At that point they would’ve likely already known there weren’t any interested trade down partners. Not buying they didn’t explore trade down opportunities and found the cupboard barren.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

couple points:

1. the drafting team is usually on the clock for a few minutes prior to the actual pick being announced. we dont see those few minutes. this is important because--
2. Many trades are pre arranged broadly prior to the draft / prior to going on the clock and then if okay, get finalized when you are on the clock.

with only 10 minutes, its just not practical to wait until you are on the clock to try to negotiate and finalize trades

Praxis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Cards have a type. It's never a secret who Keim/Bidwill want. Collins will be solid, however.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
louky, please keep this info away from the haters. Could only confuse them.
I actually like the pick, some on this board found value at other positions of need & I totally get it. However, every position on the field has to be filled at some point, I love the idea of Collins & Simmons in our LB core, solid front 7 considering our DL. CB does scare me a bit but a solid pass rush will help the secondary.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Advanced STATS ranked CARDS defence 10th.
Our D could never get off the field when it mattered, so I really don’t care where Advanced Stats has our defense ranked. On top of that, over the past 2 seasons, they routinely would allow teams to immediately march down the field after our offense scored. It would just drain any momentum our offense had created. We were absolutely horrid on 3rd & longs.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Our D could never get off the field when it mattered, so I really don’t care where Advanced Stats has our defense ranked. On top of that, over the past 2 seasons, they routinely would allow teams to immediately march down the field after our offense scored. It would just drain any momentum our offense had created. We were absolutely horrid on 3rd & longs.

Our third-down defensive ranking was 10th in the League at 39% and a 7% improvement over 2019.

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Our third-down defensive ranking was 10th in the League at 39% and a 7% improvement over 2019.
That don't seem right. I guess not been able to get Wolford & the rest of backup qb's off the field has messed me up permanently lol

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not in crunch time it wasn’t. It may have been better than 2019, but let’s not forget that the Niners ran for over 250 yards against this so called top 10 defense in a must win game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Why? Keim has shown zero savvy for prevarication in draft matters.
Bc he really can’t say anything other than that right after drafted the guy. Are you expecting him to say “we explored trade down opportunities but no one wanted to, so we were excited to draft Collins!” That’s essentially saying “trading down was our first desire and then we settled for Collins when we couldn’t.” I’m not saying that happened, I’m saying you can’t take keims words at face value that it didn’t.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How many time did we hold them on 2nd down only to give up a big play on 3rd down?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose