I don’t get the hate

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Hate is pretty strong. I am frustrated and disappointed. The player is good but I don't have much faith in Vance in these types of situations and I will cite Simmons last year as evidence. The amount of draft and monetary resources we have invested in the ILB spot under Keim is silly.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Except he's almost certainly going to be an OLB, so not slow, actually fast, and not a position we drafted last year and do need.

Hand timed 4.67 is very slow, especially in a year when other hand times were breaking speed records. He is likely in the 4.8 range.

And he isn't playing OLB as Keim has already said he will play MLB

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate is pretty strong. I am frustrated and disappointed. The player is good but I don't have much faith in Vance in these types of situations and I will cite Simmons last year as evidence. The amount of draft and monetary resources we have invested in the ILB spot under Keim is silly.

It's more maddening that he continues to draft OLBs to play MLB

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Last year's EVIDENCE includes no full training camp as a contributing factor.

Not the case this year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hand timed 4.67 is very slow, especially in a year when other hand times were breaking speed records. He is likely in the 4.8 range.

Man, honestly he looks a 4.80 guy?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
"Haters gonna hate" ~Steve Smith Sr.

I'm not exactly excited about the pick but realistically the Cardinals were in No Man's Land - too low for either a trade down or a premium player. It is a slight reach for a player that most had in the mid 20s but if he's the second coming of Karlos Dansby and plays for as long and as well as Karlos did, I'll be happy in the long run after some initial lukewarmness.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
"Haters gonna hate" ~Steve Smith Sr.

I'm not exactly excited about the pick but realistically the Cardinals were in No Man's Land - too low for either a trade down or a premium player. It is a slight reach for a player that most had in the mid 20s but if he's the second coming of Karlos Dansby and plays for as long and as well as Karlos did, I'll be happy in the long run after some initial lukewarmness.

That's where I cut the FO a teensy bit of slack. It was a bit of no man's land. That said, Keim let us know he wasn't even considering a trade down, that this was his guy, as we pretty much already knew. So, that's disappointing to me.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

He is playing against Tulane and he gets to run forward with forward momentum and they have to turn around and catch him.

It's why the DK catching Budda was so impressive.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I feel for Murray genuinely. Murray has less skill players around than all other QBs in NFC West. How are they even going to compete with them?

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Murray specifically said they needed to improve the defense, to get stops...along with improving 3rd down conversions on offense. I don't recall him saying he needed more Madden-like video game pieces on offense.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Base defense is now Nickel. It's why we took Byron Murphy at the start of round 2

So you have Zach Allen and Watt on the line.

You have Chandler, Simmons, and Golden.

So where does he play outside of sub packages unless it is at the expense of Golden?

They don't lose a linebacker in Nickel. They normally lose a DT for a CB.

From the Athletic

"Collins said he doesn’t know his 40-yard dash time, but a wearable GPS measured his top speed during the game-winning interception return against Tulane at 21.06 miles per hour."

For comparison DK Metcalf's top speed was clocked at 21.87 last year.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

I don't give a crap how he looks on a 95 yard int TD...I care about how he looks between the 20's and getting in the backfield. That's what matters and his tape, in that regard, is super impressive.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
They don't lose a linebacker in Nickel. They normally lose a DT for a CB.

From the Athletic

"Collins said he doesn’t know his 40-yard dash time, but a wearable GPS measured his top speed during the game-winning interception return against Tulane at 21.06 miles per hour."

This talk of him being slow is utter nonsense.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Man. You are the only guy in the world I see calling him slow. He does not look slow at all. He has two INT’s for TD’s when that were 30 yards plus.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man. You are the only guy in the world I see calling him slow. He does not look slow at all. He has two INT’s for TD’s when that were 30 yards plus.

Against people who will never sniff a NFL field.

Blowing up production against the Harvard of the south (Tulane) is pretty pointless. It's like crowing about the one guy who is set to play in the SEC by using his small school high school tape.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Blowing up production against the Harvard of the south (Tulane) is pretty pointless. It's like crowing about the one guy who is set to play in the SEC by using his small school high school tape.

From the Athletic

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From the Athletic

Except that completely didn't show up during his pro day, the one time he is primed for these drills. I am beyond skeptical

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's where I cut the FO a teensy bit of slack. It was a bit of no man's land. That said, Keim let us know he wasn't even considering a trade down, that this was his guy, as we pretty much already knew. So, that's disappointing to me.
I really think it’s the case of BPA. Everyone has a different draft board. Pundits say he might be the best athlete at the time he was drafted, has incredible football intelligence, and is very smart—valedictorian of his hs class. I just don’t buy the “coulda been picked 10 slots later” nonsense. If he is the guy you think is best at the pick, take him. Otherwise what you are doing is making g your pick on what you think others think about the player rather than what you think.

I expect to see Simmons and this guy as our two starting ILB’s. Both Swiss Army knife type but in opposite directions. Simmons can slide back into the safety slot while zaven can slide ahead toward the d line.

I get the fact that many here do not trust Keim’s drafting ability. Most loved his draft last year, though.

I like this pick. Looks like an impact player.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My real issue here is the same as Choppers. If I asked you to build a defense, middle linebacker is the last spot you address.

So this pick HAS to be more than "Decent starter" or we are just blowing up how to properly build a team.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My real issue here is the same as Choppers. If I asked you to build a defense, middle linebacker is the last spot you address.

So this pick HAS to be more than "Decent starter" or we are just blowing up how to properly build a team.

ILB is one of the key piece
History told that
Urlacher, ray lewis, Patrick Willis, navorro bowman, Bobby Wagner, fred Warner, Dez white, lavonta David, there is a reason they have been or they are one of the reason their defense has been successful

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Hmm. I always considered it one of the key positions. But it was the position I played so maybe I am biased.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

IF the player is elite and an alpha(see Ray Lewis) it is a good start. I'm interested in seeing how his 'alpha' tag, which Keim emphasized during the presser, translates on the field and in the locker room. I'm not excited, but willing to wait before passing judgment.

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score

Keim still has 5 more chances this weekend. :)

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think a lot of people wanted the Cardinals to draft a cornerback or a wide receiver so I can see why people are disappointed.

It also didn't help the Cardinals were trying to trade down from #16 and couldn't find a taker.

It takes away from the selection.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose