I am so disapointed.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Jerry Jones walked right past our seats and I missed the opportunity to yell a rude comment at him.

I think I am slipping.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He walked rigth past me before the game started and I said "Don't worry Jerry, there is always next year." Just then he was chased down by some nasty looking Cowboy fans so he didn't have time to react. He was actually really nice to the Cowboy fans who came up to him. Even though most of them looked like they just crawled out of the gutter.

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
As I've mentioned many other times, I used to play in the Cowboys' Band. In addition, I played a number of gigs for the Cowboys organization (including the team Christmas party one year - 1991?). Often times, JJ would get up on stage with whatever band I was with and speak to the crowd. I almost always yelled some sort of derogitory comment at him.

He has very good selective hearing...

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by KingofCards
Jerry Jones walked right past our seats and I missed the opportunity to yell a rude comment at him.

I think I am slipping.

Too much drinking inpeded your trash talking abilities. :D

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I left the game Saturday night, while I was sitting at the corner of Rural and University, Dale Hellestra (sp) walked past and he had somewhat of a frown on his face. I don't think he was to happy about the way his former teammates played.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I was very disappointed in the number of cowgirl fans at the game. Talk about bandwagon, lily livered, big talkers when they're up, no showers when they're down, pansy's.

I guess that's what happens when they lose FIVE games IN A ROW AT SDS.

Can we please forget this idea that cowboys sell tickets?

insider

Reaction score
I was very disappointed in the number of cowgirl fans at the game. Talk about bandwagon, lily livered, big talkers when they're up, no showers when they're down, pansy's.
If thats not the pot calling the kettle black?? in the '98 the fans came. Heck last yaer when the cards were 4-2 the fans came out. You gotta win to put fans in the seats. No matter what sport or town.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by insider
If thats not the pot calling the kettle black?? in the '98 the fans came. Heck last yaer when the cards were 4-2 the fans came out. You gotta win to put fans in the seats. No matter what sport or town.

If Lex is a bandwagon fan, it would be the pot calling the kettle black.

I can't speak for Lex as a fan, but many of us have been at all of the games since the Cards came here. We can call out the Cowboys' fans. We've gone when our team was down and when our team was up.

insider

Reaction score
I am not calling him nor anyone here out. The point was the cowboys are not wining so there fans will not come out. Just like the cards, all teams have their far share of bandwagon fans. I too go to many cards games and I see allot of fans there for the visiting team. Sometimes more than the home fans. I can't think of any other team where you will see that. This team has not won over this town yet. And will probably not until they put a consistent winner on the field.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Originally posted by insider
I am not calling him nor anyone here out. The point was the cowboys are not wining so there fans will not come out. Just like the cards, all teams have their far share of bandwagon fans. I too go to many cards games and I see allot of fans there for the visiting team. Sometimes more than the home fans. I can't think of any other team where you will see that. This team has not won over this town yet. And will probably not until they put a consistent winner on the field.

You know they are same freaking people. The Cowboys bandwagon fans and the people who will start rooting for the Cards if they are winning are one and the same. Low esteem losers that desperately want to be associated with a winner.

They all suck in my opinion.

Last edited:

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score

I think I am slipping.

Don't worry, King. It's only preseason. Hell, I couldn't even make it to the game. How did the North Endzone look? I was in Chicago, so I couldn't make it. I think our new seats are right in front of you, in the front row.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa nailed it.

King is right on.

The only people that attend all the home games really understand what the deal is. I've gone to all of them since 1988.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
i agrree w/ K of C...

... There has been a decline in American character. We used to be a people who were true to our school, rooted for our home team and cheered for the underdog....

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fans are the same everywhere. If you never win much, the fans will stay away. A few seasons of winning every now and then can sustain fans for a long time.

Every team has a loyal base who will support the team through all the tough times. Every team has bandwagon fans.

Think of the teams with the "best fans." Does Green Bay come to mind? They've won 6 NFL championships. That's more than any other team. How hard is it to be loyal to that? It's not hard at all.

Chicago Bears? A few years back they had 17,000 no-shows at one game. Why? They were losers.

The teams with the most consistent fan support are those who have been around the longest. Winning helps but generations of history matter too. Longevity inevitably breeds loyalty.

The fans I admire most as a group are the Cincinnatti fans. The area has a relatively small population base, low average income, absolutely brutal weather, bad ownership, and a perenially lousy team. But the fan support iss good.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Furthermore, being a Cardinals' fan is difficult. We get rewarded less than any other fans. We are tough and we have the scars to prove it.

I salute us. Even being a bandwagon Cards fan takes guts. No group is more abused by media and other fans than we are.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Re: Re: I am so disapointed.

Originally posted by CardAvenger
Don't worry, King. It's only preseason. Hell, I couldn't even make it to the game. How did the North Endzone look? I was in Chicago, so I couldn't make it. I think our new seats are right in front of you, in the front row.

Yeah it was kind of weird w/out you guys down there.
We had a blast though, it was empty and we could spread out. I could tell some of the people were gone, are the Wild Cards coming back down there?

The two dudes behind us are back, and the two in front.

I b/s'd with Az Pride a little and met his Mom, I was wasted though. We had everyone chanting "Homo" everytime Parcells came by.

CardAvenger

Screaming At A Wall
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: I am so disapointed.

Yeah it was kind of weird w/out you guys down there.
We had a blast though, it was empty and we could spread out. I could tell some of the people were gone, are the Wild Cards coming back down there?

Yeah, they'll be there. I just talked to one of them the other day. They just got the car painted again, so I can't wait to see what it looks like.

I think we might watch this weekend's game at Valle Luna. If your cell's still the same #, I'll give you a call.

OP
OP
KingofCards

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: I am so disapointed.

Originally posted by CardAvenger
Yeah, they'll be there. I just talked to one of them the other day. They just got the car painted again, so I can't wait to see what it looks like.

I think we might watch this weekend's game at Valle Luna. If your cell's still the same #, I'll give you a call.

I'm heading up to Flag this weekend to get out of the heat.

I'll pm my home #. I got rid of the cell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard