I Am Legend

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Sounds like a much better ending and that is what I thought was going to happen...

The alternate ending was what I thought was going to happen as well but that is why the real ending was the best ending after all. Dont like movies that follow along to what I think will happen. Dont like movies that I can predict the outcome to. The twist and turn away from what you think will happen is what makes a movie better to me. More predictable equals more boring.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The alternate ending was what I thought was going to happen as well but that is why the real ending was the best ending after all. Dont like movies that follow along to what I think will happen. Dont like movies that I can predict the outcome to. The twist and turn away from what you think will happen is what makes a movie better to me. More predictable equals more boring.
You must hate 90% of what's out there, then. :D

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

So, you really enjoyed No Country for Old Men? :D

Stout

Reaction score
I both loved and hated the alternate ending...first half excellent and preferred, last half awful. See spoiler for details.

Okay, so I like very much the interaction with the bad guy and returning his chick to him. That was well done. Instead of any kind of good closure, though, they just ride off with the radio broadcast. I mean, I don't need to know that the world is saved, nor do I need to know if they supposedly completely fail. Just have SOME kind of real ending to it. Instead, we got a 30 second 'eh, goodbye, I guess'. If they could have fixed that, this would have made a much better ending.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saw this over the weekend finally. It was ok, nothing special. I half expected his dog to be named Wilson.. WILSON. To each their own I guess.

I thought 28 days later and 28 weeks later blew this Hollywood cotton candy zombie movie away.

Stout

Reaction score
Saw this over the weekend finally. It was ok, nothing special. I half expected his dog to be named Wilson.. WILSON. To each their own I guess.

I thought 28 days later and 28 weeks later blew this Hollywood cotton candy zombie movie away.

28 weeks later? Surely you jest. And I'm not sure you saw I Am Legend...vampires, man, not zombies.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
28 weeks later? Surely you jest. And I'm not sure you saw I Am Legend...vampires, man, not zombies.

Yeah, I loved the 28 days/weeks movies, great horror flicks. I saw it.. I just found it a bit boring. Zombies.. vampires.. I guess I didn't care. Actually, the description I found of the "monsters" said, some victims of the virus did not die and some that survived turned into creatures that were part zombie and part vampire.

Stout

Reaction score
Yeah, I loved the 28 days/weeks movies, great horror flicks. I saw it.. I just found it a bit boring. Zombies.. vampires.. I guess I didn't care. Actually, the description I found of the "monsters" said, some victims of the virus did not die and some that survived turned into creatures that were part zombie and part vampire.

28 Days Later was incredibly good. 28 Weeks Later was a pathetic attempt to make more money. I Am Legend was on par with the first, for different reasons, and it was far better than the latter.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
It was far from a zombie book(more a vampire angle with them sleeping during the day and him spending his day sharpening wooden stakes) it originally dealt with a man who felt he was alone doing what he thought was right but it turned out he was "legend" to the half-vampire/half-human mutants that he didn't know existed. He didn't realize there was a hybrid and it ended up he was as much a threat to them as they were to him. He was going around killing what he thought were monsters during the day while they slept and he was very much their "boogey man"--it has a twist & irony, this adaption of the movie didn't have anything close.

The movie was OK...the ending was just plain bad. I really wish they had stuck more to the original story and not deviated so much, it lost a lot of its impact. It ended up being a CG zombie movie with very little in the way of depth. The best part was his relationship with his dog.

Wow, that would have changed the whole film. I thought it was an average sci-fi flick, but that change of the plot could have made this great.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Wow, that would have changed the whole film. I thought it was an average sci-fi flick, but that change of the plot could have made this great.

If you have the time read the book, it really is a classic IMO. The difference between the book and movie is HUGE.