Players I Like at Picks #92 and #128

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Players I Like at Picks #92 and #128 (Updated + Sleepers)

QB Brandon Allen, Arkansas---I thought he threw the ball the best of any QB during the Senior Bowl game. Plus, i really like his decisiveness and his feet.

QB Cardale Jones, Ohio St. Superb physical talents...needs grooming and experience.

(I think Cook, Prescott and Hackenberg will be taken well before #92).

RB Tyler Ervin, San Jose St.---his quick feet and burst at the Senior Bowl reminded of Ameer Abdullah's. Plus, he can return punts.

RB Jordan Howard, Indiana---I see some of David Johnson's traits in him.

WR Bralon Addison, Oregon---good speed, RAC ability and very good punt returner.

WR Paul McRoberts, SE Missouri St.---a poor man's Josh Doctson. Not a blazer, but good route runner and good punt returner.

T Fahn Cooper, Mississippi---I think he has the size, agility and feet to be a swing tackle. I am very intrigued by him.

T/G/C Alex Lewis, Nebraska---plays with a mean streak, but gets too out of control at times. Dad, Bill, was an o-lineman for the Cardinals.

G Sebastian Tretola, Arkansas---powerful, yet light on his feet. Could play center.

G/T/C Spencer Drango, Baylor---loved his Oklahoma St. game where he dominated Emmanuel Ogbah. Fiery competitor. Very solid base.

G/C Connor McGovern, Missouri---he is rising like mercury up the draft boards---he's a weight room junkie who packs a punch in his blocks and has the feet to pull and intimidate in space.

G/C Joe Dahl. Washington St.---I thought he played very well in the Senior Bowl game at RG. Neutralized his man in pass pro right off the snap.

C Jack Allen, Michigan St.---he is my favorite center in this draft---he's smaller than ideal, but that actually helps him with pad level and leverage where he excels. plus, he's got great feet for pulling and leading the way on screens.

C Evan Boehm, Missouri---a rock of a center---very physical---not especially athletic, but man, he takes the romance out of the A gap LB blitz.

DE Charles Tapper, Oklahoma---has power off the edge.

OLB/DE James Cowser, Southern Utah---highly aggressive edge rusher.

OLB/DE Matt Judon, Grand Valley St.---the film on him makes you want to rush his name to the podium even though he is 25 and his level of competition wasn't the best. But, oh, the burst and bend off the edge is excellent.

OLB/DE Ron Thompson, Syracuse---I think he is going to be a big surprise to whatever team that drafts him. He has all the physical attributes to be a good edge rusher.

DT Sheldon Day, Notre Dame---shorter than ideal, but love the feet and attitude---plays with bounce and pure aggression.

DE/DT Matt Ioannidis, Temple---inside rusher who has a penchant for slipping blocks and getting heat on the QB.

ILB Tyler Matakevich, Temple---uncanny nose for the ball----is an ankle tackler, but is so good and dependable at it, it works.

ILB Kentrell Brothers, Missouri---one of the most under-rated players in this draft. i bet Markus Golden has spoken to SK about him.

ILB Scooby Wright, Arizona---instinctive and tough, super competitive.

ILB Antonio Morrison, Florida---watched so many Florida tapes because of Keanu Neal and Morrison jumped out at me several times. Plays the Deone role well.

SS Eric Striker, Oklahoma---smallish edge player who can really get after the QB---reminds me of Tony Jefferson.

OLB/DE Joe Schoebert, Wisconsin
---I really like this kid---he's a big play waiting to happen because he'a always around the ball and he has sneaky good edge rushing skills.

OLB/SS Jatavis Brown, Akron
---totally love this kid's motor and tackling ability. Will slide because of lack of ideal height and weight, but man, this kid is a baller.

OLB/DE Dadi Nicolas, Virginia Tech---played very well in the Senior Bowl game, was very disruptive. Cards have met with him.

OLB/DE Victor Ochi---loved his edge rushing at the EW Shrine game where he really stood out. Speed rusher with bend and sneaky arm strength.

CB/S Jalen Mills, LSU. Can't believe he isn't getting more hype---he can hold his own on an island versus WRs and can make big plays at safety.

CB Zack Sanchez, Nebraska---one of the niftiest playmakers in this draft---has a nice for the ball, has excellent feet, but is not very physical. With the Cardinals' improved pass rush, Sanchez, imo, would be a nifty fit and ball magnet.

CB D.J. White, Georgia Tech---under-rated, tough, smooth cover CB.

CB Eric Murray, Minnesota---a little grabby, but tough and competitive.

CB Deiondre Hall, Northern Iowa
---tall, fast CB who is raw but talented.

CB Cyrus Jones, Alabama---slot CB who battles every inch and is a superb punt returner.

CB Tavon Young, Temple---a sleeper deluxe, imo---good, strong CB who will tackle tough--lacks length, but plays bigger.

CB Ryan Smith, North Carolina Central---Cardinals have worked him out and seem to like him. Not sure if they will draft another CB having taken Brandon Williams.

CB Harlan Miller, SE Louisiana---skinny, but tough and sticky.

CB Juston Burris, NC St.---has size, strength and playmaking ability.

Sleepers:

DE Ronald Blair, Appalachian St.---aggressive and quick inside rusher
OLB/DE Eric Lee, South Florida---excellent athlete.
S DeAndre Houston-Carson, William and Mary, 6-1, 201, team captain, has range and ball skills
S Marqui Christian, Midwestern St. 4.46 speed.
WR Mike Thomas, Southern Mississippi---smooth, productive
RB Devon Johnson, Marshall--- 6-0, 238 bull, nicknamed "Rockhead"
CB Ellie Bouka, Univ. of Calgary, 6-1
WR Jakeem Grant, Texas Tech...smurf with blazing speed and return skill
P Loc Edwards, Sam Houston St. Aussie with strong leg, distance
G/C Clay DeBord, Eastern Washington---Cards have worked him out---tough guy with great work ethic and attitude
G/C Parker Ehringer, Cincinnati---rugged, tough
QB Brandon Doughty, Western Kentucky---Cards have worked him out---put up huge numbers, 48 TDs this year, 40 as a junior.
C Kyle Friend, Temple---fierce competitor.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
QB Cardale Jones, Ohio St. Superb physical talents...needs grooming and experience.

SS Eric Striker, Oklahoma---smallish edge player who can really get after the QB---reminds me of Tony Jefferson.

I would love to see the Cardinals find a way to trade up and get Cook, Spence, or Nick Martin.

Outside of that I love the Cardale Jones pick.

Eric Striker is one of my favorite players in the draft. The way he can rush the passer from DE and bend around the edge is amazing. I don't know if he can actually do that in the NFL but he really is useless at LB. I don't know if he could transition to S or play special teams. If he could take advantage of his ability from the edge (situational pass rusher), he would be worth the pick.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Ill add this here: I am positive Jurecki has a source at Cards HQ

he was talking Nkemdiche as the Cards key target from pick 12 until pick 29.

guys hes is talking about now:

CB/SS Sean Davis, Maryland
C Evan Boehm, Missouri

Matt Tuerk, C USC

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
RB Tyler Ervin, San Jose St.---his quick feet and burst at the Senior Bowl reminded of Ameer Abdullah's. Plus, he can return punts.

WR Bralon Addison, Oregon---good speed, RAC ability and very good punt returner.

WR Paul McRoberts, SE Missouri St.---a poor man's Josh Doctson. Not a blazer, but good route runner and good punt returner.

T Fahn Cooper, Mississippi---I think he has the size, agility and feet to be a swing tackle. I am very intrigued by him.

T/G/C Alex Lewis, Nebraska---plays with a mean streak, but gets too out of control at times. Dad, Bill, was an o-lineman for the Cardinals.

G Sebastian Tretola, Arkansas---powerful, yet light on his feet. Could play center.

G/T/C Spencer Drango, Baylor---loved his Oklahoma St. game where he dominated Emmanuel Ogbah. Fiery competitor. Very solid base.

C/G Graham Glasgow, Michigan---big and physical---needs to leverage a little more consistently.

G/C Isaac Seumalo, Oregon State---skilled and powerful, plus highly versatile, as he played 3 games at LT this past season.

G/C Connor McGovern, Missouri---he is rising like mercury up the draft boards---he's a weight room junkie who packs a punch in his blocks and has the feet to pull and intimidate in space.

G/C Joe Dahl. Washington St.---I thought he played very well in the Senior Bowl game at RG. Neutralized his man in pass pro right off the snap.

C Jack Allen, Michigan St.---he is my favorite center in this draft---he's smaller than ideal, but that actually helps him with pad level and leverage where he excels. plus, he's got great feet for pulling and leading the way on screens.

C Evan Boehm, Missouri---a rock of a center---very physical---not especially athletic, but man, he takes the romance out of the A gap LB blitz.

DE Carl Nassib, Penn St.---i think he can be an inside rusher in the pros---he is relentless---good mix of bard charging feet and rip and swim techniques---really finishes his tackles.

OLB/DE Ron Thompson, Syracuse---I think he is going to be a big surprise to whatever team that drafts him. He has all the physical attributes to be a good edge rusher.

DT Sheldon Day, Notre Dame---shorter than ideal, but love the feet and attitude---plays with bounce and pure aggression.

DE/DT Matt Ioannidis, Temple---inside rusher who has a penchant for slipping blocks and getting heat on the QB.

DE/DT Adam Gotsis, Wake Forest---from Australia and was having a very good senior year but tore his ACL in late October. This kid has size and very good speed. Rugged and athletic.

ILB Deion Jones, LSU---speedy and tough---good tackler and very good in coverage.

ILB Tyler Matakevich, Temple---uncanny nose for the ball----is an ankle tackler, but is so good and dependable at it, it works.

ILB Kentrell Brothers, Missouri---one of the most under-rated players in this draft. i bet Markus Golden has spoken to SK about him.

ILB Antonio Morrison, Florida---watched so many Florida tapes because of Keanu Neal and Morrison jumped out at me several times. Plays the Deone role well.

OLB/DE Kyler Fackrell, Utah St.---reminds me some of Connor Barwin.

OLB/DE Jordan Jenkins, Georgia---better all-around OLB than Leonard Floyd, while Floyd is the speedier pass rusher.

---I really like this kid---he's a big play waiting to happen because he'a always around the ball and he has sneaky good edge rushing skills.

---totally love this kid's motor and tackling ability. Will slide because of lack of ideal height and weight, but man, this kid is a baller.

OLB/DE Dadi Nicolas, Virginia Tech---played very well in the Senior Bowl game, was very disruptive. Cards have met with him.

OLB/DE Victor Ochi---loved his edge rushing at the EW Shrine game where he really stood out. Speed rusher with bend and sneaky arm strength.

CB/S Jalen Mills, LSU. Can't believe he isn't getting more hype---he can hold his own on an island versus WRs and can make big plays at safety.

CB Zack Sanchez, Nebraska---one of the niftiest playmakers in this draft---has a nice for the ball, has excellent feet, but is not very physical. With the Cardinals' improved pass rush, Sanchez, imo, would be a nifty fit and ball magnet.

CB Cyrus Jones, Alabama---slot CB who battles every inch and is a superb punt returner.

CB Tavon Young, Temple---a sleeper deluxe, imo---good, strong CB who will tackle tough--lacks length, but plays bigger.

CB/FS Justin Simmons, Boston College---versatile, tough, can cover at CB and FS, makes big plays in big games.

CB/SS Sean Davis, Maryland---gifted athlete who plays hand and tough---should be gone by #92, as should SS Myles Killebrew, SS Jeremy Cash, FS Darien Thompson and FS/CB T.J. Green.

So I deleted the ones I don't like from your list, mostly due to not wanting the position. Those highlighted in RED are my favorites.
This is a great list so that I can't wring my hands as we wait for hours until we pick and I have to keep crossing them out because they get picked. :D

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ill add this here: I am positive Jurecki has a source at Cards HQ

he was talking Nkemdiche as the Cards key target from pick 12 until pick 29.

guys hes is talking about now:

CB/SS Sean Davis, Maryland
C Evan Boehm, Missouri

Matt Tuerk, C USC

thanks for the info! They make sense. I like Davis especially

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
We need a Center and a Cornerback... Period... I really hope we somehow find a way to address this two positions today!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
fwiw: as someone who watches a lot of Georgia Tech football:

DJ White, CB would be an outstanding pick in round 4. A player far better than his triangle numbers would suggest -- but has a knack for making plays at key times

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Wouldn't it be quicker to list the guys you didn't want?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Welcome aboard the Scooby Bandwagon, Mitch! [emoji106]

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Heard a rumor that SK picked Williams, because he was the one guy who WASN'T on Mitch's list. :)

He was on my sleepers list, however---I wrote his name down on my pad last week with his 4.37 40 time.

I was going to post a sleeper's list tomorrow---seeing as this thread today was for picks #92 and #128. I didn't realize Williams would be taken this early. But I also didn't think CB Cyrus Jones was going to go in the 2nd round.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Mitch, you're the best. On Saturday, I'll be happy if we come away with a center, and a couple of BPA's. But I know that BA will want a QB, and that will probably mean that we have to take one in the fourth round, as they will go earlier than they should. I'm hoping that we go with a center in the fourth round. We'll see.

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
next 3 picks
center
safety
pass rusher

my dream scenario

westerman round 4

miles killebrew round 5 a

jeff dryskel round 5 b

eric striker in round 6

Last edited:
OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
Still On Board Plus Added Sleepers

QB Dak Prescott, Mississippi St.----figures to go early in Round 4. if not maybe the Cardinals package the #128 and #167 picks to move up and take him?

QB Brandon Allen, Arkansas---I thought he threw the ball the best of any QB during the Senior Bowl game. Plus, i really like his decisiveness and his feet.

RB Jordan Howard, Indiana---I see some of David Johnson's traits in him.

OLB/DE Matt Judon, Grand Valley St.---the film on him makes you want to rush his name to the podium even though he is 25 and his level of competition wasn't the best. But, oh, the burst and bend off the edge is excellent.

CB Ryan Smith, North Carolina Central---Cardinals have worked him out and seem to like him. Not sure if they will draft another CB having taken Brandon Williams.

S Myles Killebrew, Southern Utah---big hitter, could play ILB.

Sleepers:

DE Ronald Blair, Appalachian St.---aggressive and quick inside rusher
OLB/DE Eric Lee, South Florida---excellent athlete.
S DeAndre Houston-Carson, William and Mary, 6-1, 201, team captain, has range and ball skills
S Marqui Christian, Midwestern St. 4.46 speed.
WR Mike Thomas, Southern Mississippi---smooth, productive
RB Devon Johnson, Marshall--- 6-0, 238 bull, nicknamed "Rockhead"
CB Ellie Bouka, Univ. of Calgary, 6-1
WR Jakeem Grant, Texas Tech...smurf with blazing speed and return skill
P Loc Edwards, Sam Houston St. Aussie with strong leg, distance
G/C Clay DeBord, Eastern Washington---Cards have worked him out---tough guy with great work ethic and attitude
G/C Parker Ehringer, Cincinnati---rugged, tough
QB Brandon Doughty, Western Kentucky---Cards have worked him out---put up huge numbers, 48 TDs this year, 40 as a junior.
CB Rashard Robinson, LSU---big, fast but has character concerns.
CB Morgan Burns, Kansas St.---electric return man who might be able to be a solid nickel CB.
CB Jonathan Jones, Auburn---had very good game in Senior Bowl---small, but fast and quick nickel CB. 2nd team All-SEC.

Last edited:

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
I really think we will take another DL today. We have oodles of DL, but I heard Buckner on Sirius radio say there are guys that will go in the 4th and 5th round that would be 1st and 2nd rounders other years. While that was certainly an exaggeration, it gets the point across. In the later rounds Kiem is definitely a BPA guy as evidenced by the Taylor/Ellington back-to-back picks, and BPA will be DL. It's going to be tough for guys like Stinson, Mauro and Xavier Williams to make this team.

Also, Jarraud Powers made more money in the last two days. I'm okay with the 3rd round project given his speed and ability to play special teams (our special teams are not good), but he's not contributing on defense this year.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Reaction score
I really think we will take another DL today. We have oodles of DL, but I heard Buckner on Sirius radio say there are guys that will go in the 4th and 5th round that would be 1st and 2nd rounders other years. While that was certainly an exaggeration, it gets the point across. In the later rounds Kiem is definitely a BPA guy as evidenced by the Taylor/Ellington back-to-back picks, and BPA will be DL. It's going to be tough for guys like Stinson, Mauro and Xavier Williams to make this team.

Also, Jarraud Powers made more money in the last two days. I'm okay with the 3rd round project given his speed and ability to play special teams (our special teams are not good), but he's not contributing on defense this year.

I am not sure that another defensive lineman would make the 53 man roster because of the depth the Cardinals already have there. They like Stinson, Mauro and Williams.

As for Jerraud Powers---BA said last night that he doesn't think they need to sign another CB. Hmmm.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I am not sure that another defensive lineman would make the 53 man roster because of the depth the Cardinals already have there. They like Stinson, Mauro and Williams.

As for Jerraud Powers---BA said last night that he doesn't think they need to sign another CB. Hmmm.
u have to capitalize the opportunity to draft a future starter in later rounds
if this draft is deep at defensive line position u can draft them even if it is not a need
having defensive line good quality rotation is a secret of a good defense
then u should consider
campbell next year is a free agent
peters had 2 achille tears
and gunther is still pretty inexperencied player
the defensive tackle from Indiana is a guy i think they could consider in round 5
(Latham)

Last edited:

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
u have to capitalize the opportunity to draft a future starter in later rounds
if this draft is deep at defensive line position u can draft them even if it is not a need
having defensive line good quality rotation is a secret of a good defense
then u should consider
campbell next year is a free agent
peters had 2 achille tears
and gunther is still pretty inexperencied player
the defensive tackle from Indiana is a guy i think they could consider in round 5
(Latham)

Exactly.

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score

Well, we all know that BA might not shoot straight all the time. I just don't get this. Honey Badger is no guarantee, especially early in the season,at the slot corner. BA said last year the competition between Powers and Bethel "wasn't even close" as the starting corner. Did things really change?

So we have an iffy #2, an iffy #3, and a bunch of projects. I call BS on BA.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome aboard the Scooby Bandwagon, Mitch! [emoji106]

Whatever team gets him will get a steal. Can see him coming in and helping any D out right away

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn