Hot Dogging

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute. Didn't something like this lead to one of the great lines of all time in Cardinals history?

DD was celebrating a score and CKW or somebody told him to act like he'd been there before and DD said "but coach I've never been there before."

:p

Priceless! :D

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He saw the guy coming, scored and won the damn game.

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog. Slap some mustard on that sucker and I'll have it every week.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW I called the return TD... SweetD can vouch for me..Told everyone it was coming!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He saw the guy coming, scored and won the damn game.

Hot dog, hot dog, hot diggity dog. Slap some mustard on that sucker and I'll have it every week.

:D

:head2head:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait a minute. Didn't something like this lead to one of the great lines of all time in Cardinals history?

DD was celebrating a score and CKW or somebody told him to act like he'd been there before and DD said "but coach I've never been there before."

:p

:notworthy:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW I called the return TD... SweetD can vouch for me..Told everyone it was coming!

I called it too. Just ask my wife. Every time they kicked it to PP21 I told her "He's taking this for a TD." Finally I was right !! :D

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was just as concerned with Doucet. Thought he was going to step out of bounds.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
O called it in the first post of the Carolina/Arizona prediction thread.

That ok and all but that's saying out of his 8 punt returns he'll get one... I predicted the exact one.. So much more impressive :D
:iwin:

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That ok and all but that's saying out of his 8 punt returns he'll get one... I predicted the exact one.. So much more impressive :D

Blowing own horn?

:D

Attachments

• horn.jpg
    horn.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 72

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said in an interview after the game that he thought he was all alone, then he looked over his shoulder and thought "uh, oh, I gotta get there" and he stepped it up and dove for the end zone.

No, he should not have hot dogged it, but I give him credit for admitting he almost blew it.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's amazing how history repeats itself. It was money in the bank that the rook would hotdog it. I'm just thankful it didn't cost us. Hopefully he won't do it again.

Act like you've been there before, young pup. (Follow Fitz's example).

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
When you have enough speed to hot dog it and let someone catch up to you, realize it, and then still get in the endzone untouched then I am not going to worry about it. And that was on his first return ever. If he had the awareness to look back during his first regular season return ever then I don't think it will be an issue in the future.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Me too kinda. I told the TV screen that it was time for Peterson to earn his paycheck.

DemsMyBoys

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He said in an interview after the game that he thought he was all alone, then he looked over his shoulder and thought "uh, oh, I gotta get there" and he stepped it up and dove for the end zone.

No, he should not have hot dogged it, but I give him credit for admitting he almost blew it.

Good post and I agree.

Pretty much blew out my voice yelling, "Run, idiot!" when he hit the 20 yard line.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sorry, but you can hot dog at the 10 or 5 when you've got no one behind you, but hot-dogging at the 20 is just stupid.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Leon Lett looked over his left shoulder, too....