Hey, Denver Bashers!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check this out. The rest of the nation disagrees with your notion that Phoenix is a better city than Denver:

Denver

Phoenix/Scottsdale

Main

At first blush there seems to only be a couple of categories in which Phoenix ranks higher than Denver.

...I'm jus' saying.

;)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver is much better.

The end.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, and you probably should have take out the plural in "bashers."

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind Denver. But the Broncos? Don't like. Rockies? Hard to want them to win.

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I quote...

gablinjohnny said:
Denver will never be the great city that is Phoenix. If Denver was a better city, it would be in the top 5 in population, the top 15 in metro population, and would be a thriving tourism area, amongst other items.

And, here's Gee complaining that Denver's bad neighborhoods aren't as bad as Phoenix's bad neighborhoods (which I guess I don't understand why that's a bad thing):
Gee! said:
Right up in the worst neighbor in Denver.. Lil east of Broadway and north of Colfax.. My buddies that are (not gonna disclose this), took me up in there.. Wasnt a damn thing happening.. I roamed freely.. Maybe cuz of my friends I knew? Maybe because of the snow thats always around? But that wasnt anything like Glendale or South Phoenix..

Denver sucks...

So, I guess I'm calling out Gee and GamblinJohnny.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Denver sucks.. From the arrogance of the people there about just about everything.. To them saying we stole the tunnel in downtown PHX from them.. From everything on the news having to have a "colorado connection".. To the dirty streets with trash on the curbs (does anyone clean up?).. The winding roads that make a 15 minute drive turn into a 40 minute drive.. The racist cops shooting black folks.. To the constant PHX bashing by the locals and tv anchors..

I walked thru that city with my Eric Swann jersey on all the time just waiting for someone to say something.. Nope.. They never said a word in all their orange and blue glory.. They talk a big game.. With everything I heard from folks when I wasnt wearing that jersey to the time I made a point to where that jersey around them and they flaked..

I pay no attention to people that just visit there.. They have a way out.. Spend some time there and youll learn to hate it.. Of course not every will agree,

Best thing in Denver is Federal Ave.. We'd cruise that street every weekend.. The 20 cent hamberburger stand on it was great and also had one of the 2 Circle K's in Denver on it.. We'd turn down that street by Mile High Stadium with the flags and cruise behind the stadium and get drunk and what not with the females.. The other thing that was good about Denver was Good TImes.. Other than that.. Piss on Denver.. I been to and spent plenty of time in every inch of Denver.. I flew into Denver when the old airport was there, Stapleton .. Been to Westminster, Auroa, Boulder, Northglenn, Englewood, Thorton, Arvada, Littleton, 5 Point and Lakewood.. Nothing was impressive.. Denver aint that big of city, they just pretend they are.. In Denver they even say and believe they are the city of America.. Even have a slogan similar to NYC's slogan.. lmao.. disgusting..

And I got photos of it all.. :D

edit: to add some things..

Last edited:

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Denver is nice....but Phoenix is the greatest place on earth.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? It just aint me I can assure you.. I somehow feel this was directed at me.. There a few others on this board..

you lost..

It pretty much was directed at you, because of your infamous Denver thread. If I would have known that there were others, I obviously wouldn't have said anything.

Has nothing to do with me being lost....... wait I get it, that's slang right?

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It pretty much was directed at you, because of your infamous Denver thread. If I would have known that there were others, I obviously wouldn't have said anything.

Has nothing to do with me being lost....... wait I get it, that's slang right?

See, this right here is why I can never take you serious.. You overthink things.. I said you lost.. As in you lost.. You lost the battle, game whatever.. You lost.. As in Im doing victory laps.. Dont over analyze everything.. But maybe its your preconceived notions of me that lead you to believe the things you do about me.. No telling.. But, you lost..

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See, this right here is why I can never take you serious.. You overthink things.. I said you lost.. As in you lost.. You lost the battle, game whatever.. You lost.. As in Im doing victory laps.. Dont over analyze everything.. But maybe its your preconceived notions of me that lead you to believe the things you do about me.. No telling.. But, you lost..

The fact that you can't me serious is a compliment. Thank you.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol.. Nice arguement point.. Im sure this meant to dispell any beliefs I have.. I'll leave it there..

Keep falling..

Argue? I'm not arguing with you at all. I don't want you to take me serious... ever.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Argue? I'm not arguing with you at all. I don't want you to take me serious... ever.

See there.. I never said we were argueing.. Im laughing at you.. Your the one that lost.. Arguement point is like saying, well, defending yourself.. Saying what you said wasnt wrong.. But you lost.. Im not argueing at all.. Im winning dog!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See there.. I never said we were argueing.. Im laughing at you.. Your the one that lost.. Arguement point is like saying, well, defending yourself.. Saying what you said wasnt wrong.. But you lost.. Im not argueing at all.. Im winning dog!

Of course you are. It's not hard to win a game, where you are the only one that knows the rules.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course you are. It's not hard to win a game, where you are the only one that knows the rules.

You dont know the rules of being a man or a human?

Well hot damn, youve lost in more ways than I could have even imagined...

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You dont know the rules of being a man or a human?

Well hot damn, youve lost in more ways than I could have even imagined...

No Chad. I have no clue how to decipher your own dialect of the English language.

.. you lost

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No Chad. I have no clue how to decipher your own dialect of the English language.

.. you lost

And there we go.. Whenever someone on a messageboard resorts to saying the other posters real name, they are frustrated.. lol..

So whats your beef?

OP
OP
Pariah

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gee (chid ;)), the national poll posted indicates you are in the minority in your thoughts on Denver.

And, it's teice now you've mentioned what I would consider GOOD things about Denver in you list of gripes.

You went into the worst neighborhood in Denver and didn't have any problems: good thing.

You walked around in a Cards jersey and people didn't give you any crap: good thing.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Well, as I type I am sitting in my hotel room, on the 25th floor of a Hyatt Hotel in downtown Denver, eating a pretty decent breakfast burrito... Denver's pretty good at the moment...

Actually, I never really get into the "this city is better than that city" debate. It's a never-ending debate that never brings any conclusion. Assessing a city is so objective, regardless of what polls and stats get tossed into the debate.
I love Phoenix, but I know a ton of people who hate it... I love Phoenix for so many reasons that are meaningful to me. I also really enjoy a TOn of other cities, and I do not prefer a bunch as well. All for reasons that are important to me, and may not be to someone else...
As for Denver - well, I really like Colorado and the mountains. I don't hate Denver itself, but it's just not in my top 10... Colorado however is in my top 10 for states...

OK - back to my burrito!

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, as I type I am sitting in my hotel room, on the 25th floor of a Hyatt Hotel in downtown Denver, eating a pretty decent breakfast burrito... Denver's pretty good at the moment...

Actually, I never really get into the "this city is better than that city" debate. It's a never-ending debate that never brings any conclusion. Assessing a city is so objective, regardless of what polls and stats get tossed into the debate.
I love Phoenix, but I know a ton of people who hate it... I love Phoenix for so many reasons that are meaningful to me. I also really enjoy a TOn of other cities, and I do not prefer a bunch as well. All for reasons that are important to me, and may not be to someone else...
As for Denver - well, I really like Colorado and the mountains. I don't hate Denver itself, but it's just not in my top 10... Colorado however is in my top 10 for states...

OK - back to my burrito!
Subjective, but we knew what you meant.