H. Reddick was a DE, B. Williams was a RB, and S. Keim is a drunk

MA Display

Reaction score
Haason Reddick is absolutely lost in space - almost a spitting image of Brandon Williams at Cornerback (athletic as all hell, but just wildly running about & displaying 0 instinct at the position).

I don't know what Keim's fascination is with waiting until players reach THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE before slapping them in a brand new position - but it is giving opponents easy targets to pick on throughout the game.

Other Miscellaneous Complaints:

1. Why the Sam **** did we play off-coverage in the redzone?

2. Why did we stop running 2-back sets after mauling the Falcons in the 1st half?

3. Can they even TRY running a whip/option route with Isabella in the slot?

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Haason Reddick is absolutely lost in space - almost a spitting image of Brandon Williams at Cornerback (athletic as all hell, but just wildly running about & displaying 0 instinct at the position).

I don't know what Keim's fascination is with waiting until players reach THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE before slapping them in a brand new position - but it is giving opponents easy targets to pick on throughout the game.

2. Why did we stop running 2-back sets after mauling the Falcons in the 1st half?

We won our second game, and the best you can come up with are slams against Keim, Reddick etc.? Lighten up and enjoy the win - at least for a few hours.

OP
OP
MA Display

MA Display

Reaction score
We won our second game, and the best you can come up with are slams against Keim, Reddick etc.? Lighten up and enjoy the win - at least for a few hours.

This win was an absolute gift from the referees and the foot of Matt Bryant...

In a division with George Kittle, Tyler Higbee, Gerald Everett, and Will Dissly (headed to the IR) - we are delusional to think a former defensive end can hold up in coverage against them.

Reddick isn't the only Edge Rusher playing out of position - Dennis Gardeck was a pass rusher in college who (by some Keim magic) is slapped in at ILB just because they're fast (and lost) in space.

These position swaps are effectively:
  • Screwing players out of their natural strengths
  • Wasting precious draft picks
  • Giving opponents easy targets to pick on
Busch league roster moves from a dude that looks like Honey Booboo's mom in the male form.

OP
OP
MA Display

MA Display

Reaction score
Lol. Hyperbole much? Terrible thread.

Cardsfanmd... lol, my dude. You literally just posted this on a separate thread: "I was just thinking earlier that this is the worst defense we’ve had since Billy Davis ran the group lol."

Which side of your mouth do you agree with... that this defense is historically bad? Or that I'm making hyperbolic statements?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cardsfanmd... lol, my dude. You literally just posted this on a separate thread: "I was just thinking earlier that this is the worst defense we’ve had since Billy Davis ran the group lol."

Which side of your mouth do you agree with... that this defense is historically bad? Or that I'm making hyperbolic statements?
The defense is unquestionably bad right now. No two ways about it, boss. Crying about it three minutes after a win and using Keim as your whipping boy with no facts to back up your claims makes you sound like a bartender he left a poopy tip with. Just my two cents though; we can still be friends.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So you think the GM was telling BA where to play guys? Lol

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This win was an absolute gift from the referees and the foot of Matt Bryant...

A win is a win.

Cardinals fans have been on the other side of plenty of these.

That being said, please continue to roast Keim, he deserves every bit of it.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Man, I want to love Riddick so much. (Temple connection and all) but I find myself cussing at him more than praising him for his play. He has the athleticism but like you said MA, he's just all over the place. Often a day late and a dollar short. I feel he can easily be replaced/upgraded after this season.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks we were going to go down and score as time expired anyway?

Watching the game on my phone from Disney World (I know, hahaha) I actually had a small moment where I was mad that Bryant missed it because it ruined Kylers big opportunity to shove another last second victory down the world's throat.

I got over it quickly though. hahaha

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Keim/BA/Bettcher outsmarted themselves with Reddick. He was a productive edge rusher that could've been a nice fit opposite Chandler Jones, especially when Golden went down. Had a great motor and elite athleticism to work with. This alone doesn't justify the high pick, but if he had bulked up just a little bit and worked on his pass rush technique, he would at least be a dangerous 3rd down speed rusher by now.

But what did Keim/BA/Bettcher do? Judge him on a couple of Senior Bowl practices and make him a top 15 pick at ILB. When you think about it, a top 15 pick at ILB is usually reserved for the elite ILB forces in CFB that have 2 or 3 seasons of monster production at this position. What a huge mistake that was! Just behind Mahomes and Watson! Almost every 1st rounder right after Reddick performing at a high level makes this even worse. Moving him back and forth between ILB and OLB at his crucial developmental rookie season and beyond is actually the prove that Keim/BA/Bettcher had no plan at all. Reddick played as a pure edge rusher his whole career and then gets moved into space at a position great instincts are a must...

Actually I think Keim has learned from the Reddick and Brandon Williams disaster. Our focus in the past 2 drafts was much more on football IQ and not positional experiments. Not enough to erase the draft mistakes of many years though...

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So you think Keim was drafting guys with the 13th pick in the draft and hoping BA would figure out where to play them? Lol.
So you don’t think BA and his well documented appreciation of “positional flexibility” had any influence on that pick? Riddle me this: how many times did Keim ever utter that term before or after BA’s tenure with the team?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard