Great article on Bryant and Nash

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
I still believe that quite a few voters put Kobe 3rd or 4th on their ballot just because they don't like him.

What about the large group that didn't even have him on their ballot at all?

That's just stupid hate, pure and simple.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
I'd say Magic was MVP, of course. :D

I understand what you're saying about Jordan, but even a green Pippen and a rookie Horace Grant and Bill Cartwright are light years better than what Kobe has now. IMO the Lakers squad of:

Odom
Kwame
Mihm
Smush
Vujacic

(with George and Cook off the bench)

is by far the worst in the league. Even Jordan would be hard-pressed to win a playoff series with that crew.

Magic made just about every Laker squad he played for title contenders, so that puts him in a different area code than Nash. Although admittedly Nash didn't get to play with Kareem, Magic still got to The Finals playing with Vlade.

Don't get me wrong though, I think Nash is a worthy MVP. I just think Kobe was more valuable to his team. I would have voted Kobe #1 and Nash #2. Of course, it's all subjective though.

I still believe that quite a few voters put Kobe 3rd or 4th on their ballot just because they don't like him.

In the end, I will always be a Laker homer, so take my ramblings for what they are worth. ;)

okay - good enough - pretty solid debate there. (But, to be fair, Pippen couldn't shoot and Grant got very little playing time when they were rookies and Cartright didn't join the Bulls until 1990 - you forget that Jordan was winning with Brad Sellers, Craig Hodges, Charles Oakley, Dave THE DAD Corzine and a host of other complete crap.)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
actually - at this point - it looks like a moot point because Lebron James is the guy who looks like he was robbed of the MVP - i can't even say with a straight face that Kobe's the best player - period anymore - what Bron has done for what was the laughing stock of the league just two years ago and having them ONE game from the Conference Finals, with a pretty weak lineup - no Larry Hughes most of the season AND now the playoffs, a worn down, beat-up Ilguskas, an over the hill (and never all that good to begin with) Donyell Marshall and a decent player (and that's being generous) in Drew Gooden, it's SHOCKING where they are against the Pistons.

Bron - makes people better AND is unstoppable scoring - and he's what - 21? Good Lord - we're looking at the next LEGEND and it's not Nash, it's not KObe, it's not Wade - it's that damn truck named LBJ.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
actually - at this point - it looks like a moot point because Lebron James is the guy who looks like he was robbed of the MVP - i can't even say with a straight face that Kobe's the best player - period anymore - what Bron has done for what was the laughing stock of the league just two years ago and having them ONE game from the Conference Finals, with a pretty weak lineup - no Larry Hughes most of the season AND now the playoffs, a worn down, beat-up Ilguskas, an over the hill (and never all that good to begin with) Donyell Marshall and a decent player (and that's being generous) in Drew Gooden, it's SHOCKING where they are against the Pistons.

Bron - makes people better AND is unstoppable scoring - and he's what - 21? Good Lord - we're looking at the next LEGEND and it's not Nash, it's not KObe, it's not Wade - it's that damn truck named LBJ.
No kidding! Maybe I just don't watch enough NBA games, but I had no idea that James was this good. Cleveland better pray that they hang onto him because it's frightening to think that he is only going to get better.

I think he will be a virtual lock for MVP next season and there will not be much debate about it.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
No kidding! Maybe I just don't watch enough NBA games, but I had no idea that James was this good. Cleveland better pray that they hang onto him because it's frightening to think that he is only going to get better.

I think he will be a virtual lock for MVP next season and there will not be much debate about it.

What's funny is that most had LBJ getting bounced in a round, maybe two this year, earning his playoff stripes and coming back as a force next year. Now CLE is one game away from playing MIA for the right to go to the NBA Finals. Pretty crazy. I have always been a fan of LBJ, but what he did in the end of the WAS series and what he is doing against DET is pretty amazing.

/sorry for the city abbreviations

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
actually - at this point - it looks like a moot point because Lebron James is the guy who looks like he was robbed of the MVP - i can't even say with a straight face that Kobe's the best player - period anymore - what Bron has done for what was the laughing stock of the league just two years ago and having them ONE game from the Conference Finals, ...

Although in my biased opinion, I think KB is still the premier player in the league, LBJ is well on his way to claiming that crown. In the past 8 playoff games, LBJ is developing that "killer instinct" that the truely great players have/had. Right now, with the average talent he has around him, he is willing his team to victories. I think what I am enjoying watching the most is his passing. He gets his teammates involved (like Kidd and Nash) but he also has the capability of finishing any play with flair (KB and Vince Carter).

PS He's freaking 21!

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Yeah, he’s doing some amazing stuff for his age. And what is awesome from a fan’s perspective is that he doesn’t have that pompous attitude that Kobe has.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison