Gravity

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Fair enough. I did go take a leak so I guess I missed the birthing part. Gettin' old.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got to see this and I thought it was fantastic! Felt like I was floating out there in space. Glad I got to see it in the theater in 3D.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
frack......I need to see this. I have been SOOO busy with work, closing of my new house and moving the past several weeks that I have seen ZERO movies as of late. I have some catching up to do.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
frack......I need to see this. I have been SOOO busy with work, closing of my new house and moving the past several weeks that I have seen ZERO movies as of late. I have some catching up to do.

Take the time when you can, this is an incredible film and well worth seeing in 3D.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

To be fair to those who loved it and to my opinion, only go to see it if you don't mind gaping--and I mean gigantic--holes in logic. It's cool that so many people like it because of the visuals, or because they can look past that. And a lot of people can look past that and enjoy the film. If you can do so, you'll love the movie.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
To be fair to those who loved it and to my opinion, only go to see it if you don't mind gaping--and I mean gigantic--holes in logic. It's cool that so many people like it because of the visuals, or because they can look past that. And a lot of people can look past that and enjoy the film. If you can do so, you'll love the movie.

The story is secondary to the visuals in this film. It wasn't Clooney's, nor Bullock's, solo acting in front of a green screen that made me love this movie.

I found to be more like an Imax movie where there really isn't any story just spectacular imagery. The story was just background noise.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The story is secondary to the visuals in this film. It wasn't Clooney's, nor Bullock's, solo acting in front of a green screen that made me love this movie.

I found to be more like an Imax movie where there really isn't any story just spectacular imagery. The story was just background noise.

Exactly, and exactly why I didn't like it. They're out there schmoozing for awards with a movie that's all just pretty visuals.

Cardinals.Ken

Reaction score
Exactly, and exactly why I didn't like it. They're out there schmoozing for awards with a movie that's all just pretty visuals.

Meh.

I'm so underwhelmed by the stories provided by Hollywood big-budget films any more it's almost a non-factor for me at this point.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

It should win every technical award there is. That is where its haul should begin and end.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So why didn't Sandra Bullock's hair float around in zero gravity? Mulli and Neil DeGrasse Tyson want to know?

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FINALLY went to see this. Had to catch this in 3D before it left the theater. Wow. There were some nitpick things that they messed up on in terms of being in space but if there was ever a movie to see in 3D that was it.

Freaking awesome effects and there were times you felt like you were out there if you had seen this in 3D. Very entertaining and I thought Bullock was great. I don't know what the hell some of you were talking about in terms of her acting.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Well it won every technical award. Let's see if it's roll continues.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Darn, I should have watched in 3D. Just an average movie on dvd.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Decent movie! Visuals were amazing.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard