Good Cards fan gone

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Some on here already know but I'm finally able to let the rest of you know that my 18 year old son, a hard core Cardinals fan, was killed in an auto accident Thanksgiving on his way back to school. He was the anti Duckjake jinx and could get the Cards to score just by walking in the room where I was watching the game. I'll miss him forever. Sorry that the 2nd pic is crooked. Don't know how to change it. The last thing we did together was watch the Cards-Rams game. Note: His mother's never seen the photo on the left. But its my favorite of him. Taken at Derm's tailgate at UPhx Stadium.

Attachments

• Arizona trip Dec 2007 094.jpg
    Arizona trip Dec 2007 094.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 738
  • Steve iPhone 016.jpg
    Steve iPhone 016.jpg
    23.7 KB · Views: 742
Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
still saddens me my friend!! :-(

RIP!

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
OMG. As a father I am stunned to hear this. My condolences to you and your family

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We know so little about one another. I can't begin to imagine how rough it's had to have been for you

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I am so sirry for your loss, my condolences.

RIP!

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Tragic and I really have no words other than to offer condolences - although never enough it looks like you guys had some good smiles together

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
My condolences. My goodness that is horrible, sorry for your loss.

I don't have the words, Not even gonna try.

We are here for you in cyberland, DJ.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
I am extremely sorry for your loss. As a father who had to bury one of my own children, I can't begin to tell you how that hurt hangs on, and on, and on. Please know that you and your family will remain in our prayers, so that you are able to find comfort in your ache. May God help you to deal with your loss in a positive way.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Terrible thing. Can't imagine the pain caused by his loss. My thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We know so little about one another. I can't begin to imagine how rough it's had to have been for you

You do know that I saved you from being crushed by our good friend JRein. Good times like that '97 game help me keep my mind on positive things.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
OMG, my heart just sank; he looked like a great kid. My best to your family Duck. :(

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Man, Duck, God bless your son and your family. No doubt he will be the first to run to you and hug you when you pass over to other side. Hang in there, friend.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dj, I am truly sorry for your loss. As a father of a son I am extremely close to, I can't fathom even the thought of losing him. Please accept condolences from Bonnie and I.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
So so sorry for your loss. My favorite word is peace and that is what I wish for you and your family.

OP
OP
Duckjake

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dj, I am truly sorry for your loss. As a father of a son I am extremely close to, I can't fathom even the thought of losing him. Please accept condolences from Bonnie and I.

Remember that Sombrero? Made it all the way from SDS to UPhx. I have a picture of you wearing it with an empty parking lot behind at SDS. Good times.

Now Ryan's gone and so is Eddie. Time is often tough on us isn't it?

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I sit here crying for your loss. It hits home for me and I know the pain you have and are experiencing. Know that it does get easier with time as the memories become the most cherished thing in your life.

I typically avoid commenting on threads like this because it's very hard for me but as I said as time passes......

Do not hesitate to ask for help or seek comfort.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson