Going "all in" 2022...

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
Heard the "all in 2021" mantra this past year....then one and done. So, what over the top moves could the Cardinals make to be "all in". I'm sure KK stays, so new HC won't happen. I'm talking trades (draft picks, players, et. al.) coaching changes (DC, DL, adding OC, ???)....

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
It's really tough for me to care a whole lot right now. The offseason can be a bummer for me because I love it but do not have faith in Keim. The season of missed opportunities.

Also, the Kyler stuff has worn me out. I am sure some of it is confirmation bias but I just see all of the issues that I saw pre-draft still present after 3 seasons and it is a bummer.

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
As cool as it would be to see the Bengals win on Sunday, I’m not going to be bummed if the Rams win. If they do, I hope Bidwill, Keim and Kliff are watching closely and seeing what “going all in” really means.

Reactions: TRW

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
Agree. Kylergate has drained the passion and hope for next season from me. He's supposed to be the leader of our team and nothing could be more "unleaderlike" and more of an expression of self-interest than staging a social media boycott of your team. He's proved nothing in this league in terms of team performance and now wants to use his social media influence to hold his team hostage in his salary negotiations. There's just other ways to go about it without hurting the fans and the team that they love to follow.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They need cap space to make major moves which is something we don't have.

There's going to have to be some positions where we stick with what we have on the roster. Like Kennard possibly starting at EDGE and Collins replacing Hicks. The FA Edge market sucks anyway especially for OLB. They could bring Chandler back but it would have to be a crazy backloaded deal and maybe even include void years. He's so bad vs the run I'm not sure I want to.

One move I'd make on DL is bring back Calais Campbell. Yes, he's old but he's still playing 75% of snaps for the Ravens and had a PFF grade of 80. I assume he still has a home here and would welcome ending his career where it started and he could reduce the wear on his body by reducing his snaps a little.

You could play Kennard at OLB on 1st and Campbell could play RDE in Nickel. Would give us a lot of flexibility along the line. I'd also draft an EDGE rusher. Probably in the 2nd.

I'd add a vet CB as depth the what we have as well as resigning Alford for vet min. Jimmy Smith, Xavier Rhodes, Casey Hayward. There are a whole bunch of either vet guys or guys like Sidney Jones who played well above contract value. And I'd draft a young CB in the 3rd to develop.

That's about all we can afford on defense. On offense...

In round 1 I'd draft either the best Guard if one of the top guys is available or the best WR if not. Either way, I'm still signing one of each in FA as we need depth too.

We don't have a lot of money so we have to look for value. I like Sammy Watkins here. His reputation is down after a rough couple of years but I think this offense can bring the best out of him. He just played for $5m with the Ravens. I can't see why he would cost more and should at least replace Green's production.

At Guard, again looking for value vs potential my first choice would be Will Hernandez who I think has much more in him that he could show at the Giants. I think he could be had for $6m per and play well above that. If not, then someone like Glowinski.

At RB I'd resign Edmonds (I like Conner, I appreciate the TDs, but Edmonds is better) and I'd try find value again as we did with Conner last year. Darrel Williams, Marlon Mack, RJIII, Damian Williams etc all for me offer more than they would likely cost.

I'd also draft a RB in round 6.

I'd resign Maxx Williams at $3m per and Zach Ertz at no more than $6m per (even this would take some backloading or void years).

All that should be just about doable with the space and draft picks we have.

Edit -

To fill this out via the draft I did a mock and drafted the following

#1 Zion Johnson IOL
#2 Arnold Ebiketie Edge
#3 Derion Kendrick CB
#6 Zaquandre White, RB

Last edited:

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
We are "all in" for 2021 and 22. We made that clear with the Watt signing, AJ Green etc.

What we will end up getting out of it is a 10-2 start to 2021...followed by a collapse and embarrassing playoff game...and IMO a 7-10 record and no playoffs next year.

I'm fine with teams going "all in". I think the idea that anyone can be a dynasty like the Pats and more recently the chiefs is pretty far fetched. More likely you strike while the iron is hot...try to win a SB in a 3 year window, followed by 3 years of rebuilding.

If you told me the cards could be a legit SB team 2 times per decade, I would take that all day long.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's really tough for me to care a whole lot right now. The offseason can be a bummer for me because I love it but do not have faith in Keim. The season of missed opportunities.

Also, the Kyler stuff has worn me out. I am sure some of it is confirmation bias but I just see all of the issues that I saw pre-draft still present after 3 seasons and it is a bummer.
Same here with Kliff.

Regressing QB, terrible strategy in the 2nd halves of the season. Reverting back to the middle of the pack coordinator. Same scared look on his face on the sidelines. Same issues I saw at tech. Such a bummer. Seriously.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Same here with Kliff.

Regressing QB, terrible strategy in the 2nd halves of the season. Reverting back to the middle of the pack coordinator. Same scared look on his face on the sidelines. Same issues I saw at tech. Such a bummer. Seriously.

Same here... im deflated so bad after that disgusting and embarrassing close to the season that i cannot ( for the first time) honestly say that I give a hoot about this team and what they do in the off season.

And now whats worse is even if they jump out to a similar lead like the past two seasons you cant even enjoy it because you know the inevitable collapse is coming.

This team is in a lot of ways, fraudulent.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Same here... im deflated so bad after that disgusting and embarrassing close to the season that i cannot ( for the first time) honestly say that I give a hoot about this team and what they do in the off season.

And now whats worse is even if they jump out to a similar lead like the past two seasons you cant even enjoy it because you know the inevitable collapse is coming.

This team is in a lot of ways, fraudulent.
Yea almost have to wait till late December/January to judge this team.
The Cardinals under Kliff start as great and end as poorly as Game of Thrones.
Ouch.

I saw on fb where a guy called it "Kliff Your Enthusiasm"

OP
OP
imaCafan

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
As cool as it would be to see the Bengals win on Sunday, I’m not going to be bummed if the Rams win. If they do, I hope Bidwill, Keim and Kliff are watching closely and seeing what “going all in” really means.
My thoughts exactly when I created this thread. Was also looking for something to give me "enthusiasm" for the future. I watched one game (the GB loss) because I was afraid at some point it would all come to an end. Odd I picked the game that started the death knoll of the season...,.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Hard to be excited about 2022. Yes the team started well, but my faith in the coaching staff has plummeted. At best they are mediocre and that isn't good enough in the NFC West.

When J.J. Watt picked the Cardinals I had high hopes but when he went down the team rode a slow boat to nowhere.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was not “ all in” last season. Watt and Green did nothing to jump start my enthusiasm. I believed both were old and overpriced. They won the first 7 games and buffaloed me into believing.
Turns out I should have stuck to my guns because I was right.

Unless they do everything I believe they should do they’ll be wrong. Sounds crazy huh? But I truly believe 95% of this board could come up with a plan that would turn out better than what Keim does.

Many here say we are capped strap and some say there is always a way around it.
No way I pay Kirk 12m.
I hope Green has already left the state.
I like Cedrick Wilson, Mike Glowinski and depending which running back leaves creates the question can eno take over. Even if he can can Ward be the 3rd back or do we pick up a vet like Mack, Lindsey or Williams?
Te is another big question mark. Ertz too expensive? Will Williams be ready? I say he starts on the pup list.

It sure would be nice to sign a few free agents that will be around for more than one or two years. Sign a guy like TE Mo Alie-Cox and he could be our TE for the next 5-6 years.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Heard the "all in 2021" mantra this past year....then one and done. So, what over the top moves could the Cardinals make to be "all in". I'm sure KK stays, so new HC won't happen. I'm talking trades (draft picks, players, et. al.) coaching changes (DC, DL, adding OC, ???)....
Nothing. They are cap constrained. That's why they said 2021 was the all in year.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Bummer for me also. Keim ain't going anywhere & we have KK for at least another year, probably VJ as well. I've never saw a season before where I was so pumped & so deflated in a matter of 8 weeks. Keim has us in cap hell & even if he does build a roster in 2022 close to 2021 it'll be with bandages. He just doesn't know how to build a roster, especially the OL which just baffles me. I don't care what the numbers say, our OL just isn't physical enough imo. Now all the Kyler stuff is being talked about, it may be true & it may be B.S. but none of us know for sure. We need like 50 draft picks to fix the roster mess Keim has created & even if we had that many Keim would still be doing the drafting so..................? Too many roster holes & a GM that can't draft worth a crap & fixes the roster with aging veterans & bandages.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still can’t believe ALL IN last year consisted mainly of wildly spending on a perpetually broken-down and past his prime Watt a washed up AJ Green and a good C who we’d also had to give up draft capital to get... while letting our best young pass rusher walk for 6 million bucks.

Think about this... the biggest producer of the bunch was a running back signed to a 1 year 1 or 2 million dollar deal and Alford (for 13 games anyway) who was signed for pennies on the dollar.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still can’t believe ALL IN last year consisted mainly of wildly spending on a perpetually broken-down and past his prime Watt a washed up AJ Green and a good C and go would also had to give up draft capital to get... while letting our best young pass rusher walk for 6 million bucks.
THIS!